RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I

johng5155 -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/11/2019 12:08:50 AM)

Eureka! I read the "Mods" thread and saw a post by Sprengel that says:

"If you unzip and move everything the right way, you will have (amongst other) this folder

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWI\Mods\Blue_Max\Bitmaps

If you have done it wrong, the Bitmaps folder is on a different path"

This works! I had assumed the Mod file should be placed in the directory where I installed the game (the G: drive for me) but the path shown above - C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWI\Mods - is where the files need to be placed.

ArtDen -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/12/2019 9:15:53 AM)

I think this mod is great. Except one moment - ships. Many of ship-icons are very-very similar and it's really hard to distinct them.

IronX -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/13/2019 3:54:25 PM)

Hi Everyone

I've updated the mod to fix a couple of minor things, including the French ship hull id issue.

More importantly, I've reorganized the mod (many thanks to Hubert) so that users can activate either all of the mod or just parts of it. In effect, it's now a series of mini-mods:

- units
- interface
- sounds
- alternate main/splash screens

The link in the first post to the mod has been simplified - it's no longer burried within several folders - just unzip it to your Mods folder in Documents then activate either all of them or just those parts you like.

You will need to delete completely the previous mod before you do so the new structure will work.

Hubert Cater -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/13/2019 4:42:22 PM)

Great stuff IronX, thanks again for this [8D]

Sionnach -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/13/2019 5:30:43 PM)

Wow, this new reorganisation gives the best of both worlds, that's really cool. Thanks!

btw, I am new to this game and Strategic Command in general. Still going through my first game and doing terribly, but enjoying it!

niki_belucci -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/13/2019 7:12:16 PM)

Thanks IronX, really great update!!

One question though on the Counters. What are these numbers on the bottom right corner? (marked here in red)

[image]local://upfiles/68549/05F8E5B675F64CB4911407EEA77ABEE4.jpg[/image]

BillRunacre -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/13/2019 7:25:33 PM)

They reflect research levels too, as some units can have a maximum of 3 research categories that they can be upgraded with.

brdxman -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/14/2019 1:01:15 PM)

awesome!

Tanaka -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/14/2019 7:27:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronX

Hi Everyone

I've updated the mod to fix a couple of minor things, including the French ship hull id issue.

More importantly, I've reorganized the mod (many thanks to Hubert) so that users can activate either all of the mod or just parts of it. In effect, it's now a series of mini-mods:

- units
- interface
- sounds
- alternate main/splash screens

The link in the first post to the mod has been simplified - it's no longer burried within several folders - just unzip it to your Mods folder in Documents then activate either all of them or just those parts you like.

You will need to delete completely the previous mod before you do so the new structure will work.

Thanks for the update! Really nice to be able to separate everything! [&o]

ParadoxicalQ -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/15/2019 11:41:51 PM)

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble still getting the mod to work. I'm playing on the steam version, created a "Mods" folder since one didn't exist yet. I did extract all the files that came with the download, extracted them directly into the mod folder I created. However when I launch the game, and go to Mods in the settings, there is no Mod showing up to be activated.

This is how my folder looks like exactly:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Strategic Command World War I\Mods

Blue_Max
Blue_Max_Interface
Blue_Max_Screens_ALT_1
Blue_Max_Screens_ALT_2
Blue_Max_Screens_ALT_3
Blue_Max_Sounds
Blue_Max_Units

Which is the updated version, I noticed a lot of the solutions you all have posted were from the 1-1 version of the mod, which there is a not link to download. Perhaps my mind is giving me a lapse of understanding. If any of you can help me out, would be much appreciated!

epower -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/16/2019 12:04:02 AM)

ParadoxicalQ,

Mods do not go in the Steam directory.
They go here:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWI\Mods\

Download link in Original post. That will get you version 1.2

Dizzy -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/16/2019 7:01:26 AM)

I've stayed away from most Slitherine games because most of them don't allow you to mod the game. Here's one that out of the gate has a mod. I love what I see and have watched the TortugaPower youtube vids on this game and then this mod is just way awesome, so I'll be buying it. Thanks for the mod!!! Well done!

Edit: How do I get the Dragon?

Delaware -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/18/2019 10:15:28 PM)

Is there ANY SHOT you can do a similar counter mod for WAW and WIE? I mean I love your existing one but the soldiers instead of nato supymbols would be awesome there too

ivanov -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/19/2019 12:31:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Delaware

Is there ANY SHOT you can do a similar counter mod for WAW and WIE? I mean I love your existing one but the soldiers instead of nato supymbols would be awesome there too

+1000

I second that. I would love the WW2 mods brought up to the current WW1 standard.

GibClaret80 -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/19/2019 9:12:25 AM)

Yes WW2 counters would be amazing i third it !!

Parmenides -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/20/2019 11:34:53 AM)

Downloaded the latest file but I do only have NATO counter and cant get the hybrid icons to work regardless what I select its always NATO [&:]

Hubert Cater -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/20/2019 1:11:12 PM)

Hi Parmenides,

Within the OPTIONS screen there is an option to turn on or off the 3D or NATO counters, e.g. it will switch between the two.

Let me know if this helps,
Hubert

Parmenides -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/20/2019 1:17:19 PM)

thanks a lot I found I had forgotten about the nato box left top! and great work from your side !!

Hubert Cater -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/20/2019 1:21:34 PM)

Great to hear and our pleasure [:)]

Rasputitsa -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/23/2019 4:10:43 PM)

Made me buy the game, couldn't resist after seeing these screens.

Rasputitsa -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/23/2019 7:20:52 PM)

Well that was sooooo easy to load, very impressive work, thanks. [8D]

fulcrum28 -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/24/2019 2:14:14 PM)

Great mod. I bought the game because of it :)

btw, is it normal that German infantry and HQ icons are different in the western and eastern fronts?

IronX -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/24/2019 3:28:36 PM)

Great! Yes, there are two sets of infantry and HQs for all major powers; one for the west and one for the east.

fulcrum28 -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/25/2019 12:22:27 PM)

do you plan to implement this mod design for WiE SC or WAW SC?

IronX -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/25/2019 3:56:56 PM)

Sorry, but I have no plans to mod these games again.

A mod like the Blue Max takes many months of work and I have now moved on to other (non-modding) projects.

Hairog -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/29/2019 5:53:25 AM)

quote:

A mod like the Blue Max takes many months of work

I'll second that.

I'm just trying to make a few changes for a naval mod using IronX excellent work as a starting point. Seesh, It's taking forever.

Mountaineer -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (12/30/2019 10:43:19 PM)

This mod should be standard, really makes the game stand out.

Hexagon -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (1/3/2020 7:14:00 PM)

I buy the game in part for this great mod... i have in mind wargames that could use this art and be even better [&o]

But are 2 things i find... weak:

One is the naval units, maybe i prefer the use of more classic designation for them, instead DN use BB, B for predreadnought and BC for battlecruisers.

The other is detachments portrait... if they could use a different one...

But i admit is one of the best mods i see, thank you [&o]

blackcloud6 -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (1/9/2020 6:29:39 PM)

Great mod. I just started playing this game today and went straight to using these awesome graphics. Thanks!

bboyer -> RE: The Blue Max 2D Counter and Map Mod (1/10/2020 4:58:36 PM)

Anywhere else to download this mod? Tried the link on 3 different computers and get an error from Mega on all 3 of them.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI