RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

delinquent_pleb -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (9/27/2021 1:42:57 AM)

Kushan, you are doing an amazing job with managing this. Legend

with Thanks

Paul

jarraya -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (9/29/2021 9:49:50 AM)

Hi all, what's happened with the Community Scenario Pack? Has it been superseded by Steam now?

rixtertech -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (9/30/2021 6:30:12 PM)

quote:

Frankly if I could take them all down and have Steam users use the normal version of the CSP it would be a lot less of a headache.

@Kushan04, this is an interesting comment. Are you saying that we -can- simply download the standalone CSP and extract it into the Steam-install scenario directory? This would be ideal if it will work. I'd love to have all the scens working with the new DB's. Has anyone tried this succesfully or does Steam have a canary when it sees the alien content?

BobTank63 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (9/30/2021 6:39:09 PM)

I did it. I extracted the files to a community folder I created. All the scenarios run fine.

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (9/30/2021 7:36:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rixtertech

quote:

Frankly if I could take them all down and have Steam users use the normal version of the CSP it would be a lot less of a headache.

@Kushan04, this is an interesting comment. Are you saying that we -can- simply download the standalone CSP and extract it into the Steam-install scenario directory? This would be ideal if it will work. I'd love to have all the scens working with the new DB's. Has anyone tried this succesfully or does Steam have a canary when it sees the alien content?

Yes, that's how I have the CSP installed into my Steam directory. I'm not subbed to any of the CSP scenarios on Steam itself. Just unzip the standalone zip into a subfolder in your Steam scenarios folder. I've never had Steam mess with it.

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (9/30/2021 7:39:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jarraya
Hi all, what's happened with the Community Scenario Pack? Has it been superseded by Steam now?

No. The official pack is still the standalone version. For the moment, the Steam version of the CSP only gets the new scenarios but not any scenarios that are updated to new databases.

rixtertech -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (10/1/2021 7:19:09 PM)

Installing the CSP into my steam scn directory worked nicely... you may want to change the line in your top post that states "Sorry Steam users but you only get the new scenarios and the 9 updated scenarios updated to the latest DBs" into a hopefully clearer statement such as...

"Steam users can ensure that all of their CSP scenarios use the latest DB's by downloading the standalone CSP and extracting into their Steam client CMO scenario directory. The zip extraction will create a folder named 'Community' or you can use a new folder name of your choice. You will also want to extract the contents of the 'Lua' folder into your 'Lua' directory in the steam install. Do not just overwrite the Lua directory, as it may already contain other files."

dadizonline -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (10/12/2021 9:40:45 AM)

Thank you

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (10/12/2021 5:52:36 PM)

quote:

Installing the CSP into my steam scn directory worked nicely... you may want to change the line in your top post that states "Sorry Steam users but you only get the new scenarios and the 9 updated scenarios updated to the latest DBs" into a hopefully clearer statement such as...

"Steam users can ensure that all of their CSP scenarios use the latest DB's by downloading the standalone CSP and extracting into their Steam client CMO scenario directory. The zip extraction will create a folder named 'Community' or you can use a new folder name of your choice. You will also want to extract the contents of the 'Lua' folder into your 'Lua' directory in the steam install. Do not just overwrite the Lua directory, as it may already contain other files."

Some big changes to CSP 45 in regards to Steam. One of the other devs has given me a utility that can either update multiple scenarios at the same time OR (in my personal opinion the most exciting part) upload multiple scenarios as a single entity download. What I'll be doing for CSP 45, is removing all of the individual scenarios from Steam, and converting them to the single download.

I'll be updating that single entity going forward. Once you subscribe to it, that should be it. There will no longer be the need to go and subscribe to each individual CSP scenario in the collection when I update the pack, plus you'll get all the scenario updates. Another major advantage of this is you will get all the scenario documents and attachments. Although because its Steam, they will get placed in your Steam workshop folder and not the Command installation folder.

Currently aiming to release CSP 45 the first week of November.

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (10/12/2021 9:18:47 PM)

Excellent! Thanks for the update Kushan.

Even though I am a Steam User, I actually prefer to download the CSP and install it directly from the CMO Website, but it's good that the Workshop subscribers are getting some support.

BobTank63 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (10/13/2021 4:55:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kushan04

quote:

Some big changes to CSP 45 in regards to Steam. One of the other devs has given me a utility that can either update multiple scenarios at the same time OR (in my personal opinion the most exciting part) upload multiple scenarios as a single entity download. What I'll be doing for CSP 45, is removing all of the individual scenarios from Steam, and converting them to the single download.

I'll be updating that single entity going forward. Once you subscribe to it, that should be it. There will no longer be the need to go and subscribe to each individual CSP scenario in the collection when I update the pack, plus you'll get all the scenario updates. Another major advantage of this is you will get all the scenario documents and attachments. Although because its Steam, they will get placed in your Steam workshop folder and not the Command installation folder.

Does this mean that there will be no difference between the Steam and Standalone CSP?

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (10/13/2021 5:07:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobTank63

quote:

quote:

Does this mean that there will be no difference between the Steam and Standalone CSP?

Yes. The only real difference will be file structure. The NF series scenarios will no longer being in their own sub-folder structure.

All the .ini files, scenario documents, and other attachments that are in the standalone version will also be available in the Steam version.

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (10/29/2021 7:33:49 AM)

CSP 45 has been released! Please see the first post for details!

Gunner98 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (10/29/2021 9:47:23 AM)

Thanks Kushan! Great work

B

mikkey -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (10/29/2021 7:58:04 PM)

Thanks Kushan!

Phobosdeimos71 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (10/30/2021 1:25:39 AM)

Thank you Kushan and scenario designers for your contributions

Scott

boogabooga -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/5/2021 9:26:14 PM)

I want to mention that the Lua folder that comes in the CSP needs to be moved to the main game directory and is useless if it stays in the Scenario directory. This is true for both standalone and Steam. The'GulfofSidra1981' folder needs to end up there with all of the other Lua folders from the stand-alone scenarios or else the the Gulf of Sidra, 1981 scenario will not work properly. AFAIK, that's the only way to get the scripts to work. Apparently, I'm the only one in the CSP that is using separate Lua scripts. (Oops)

This is probably going to be an issue for Steam users, since the location of the Lua folder that needs to be moved is rather obscure.

RFalvo69 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/6/2021 4:20:48 PM)

After a few months playing other games I just reinstalled a fresh copy of Command - after ensuring that no leftovers remained in the Steam folder (I have Command on Steam). What happens is this:

- If I install Command, Steam automatically installs about 70MB of "Steam Commons Redistributables". When I check the "Steam Workshop" label in the scenario list I find the scenarios of the Community Pack - or at least a version of them.

- If I then install the Community Pack via the Steam Workshop, I find A LOT of duplicates in the list. By then I don't know anymore which the most recent version of a given scenario is.

So, what should I do? Accept the Community Pack which is automatically installed by the SCR, download the Workshop version and check which file is the most recent one (a chore with 500+ scenarios) or what?

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/6/2021 8:16:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: boogabooga

I want to mention that the Lua folder that comes in the CSP needs to be moved to the main game directory and is useless if it stays in the Scenario directory. This is true for both standalone and Steam. The'GulfofSidra1981' folder needs to end up there with all of the other Lua folders from the stand-alone scenarios or else the the Gulf of Sidra, 1981 scenario will not work properly. AFAIK, that's the only way to get the scripts to work. Apparently, I'm the only one in the CSP that is using separate Lua scripts. (Oops)

This is probably going to be an issue for Steam users, since the location of the Lua folder that needs to be moved is rather obscure.

There are a few official scenarios that call external scripts but yeah most just copy the entire script into the lua event action.

Would it be ok with you if I modify the scenario to add those scripts directly into the scenario so the folder would not be needed? Wouldn't make another other changes.

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/6/2021 8:21:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

After a few months playing other games I just reinstalled a fresh copy of Command - after ensuring that no leftovers remained in the Steam folder (I have Command on Steam). What happens is this:

- If I install Command, Steam automatically installs about 70MB of "Steam Commons Redistributables". When I check the "Steam Workshop" label in the scenario list I find the scenarios of the Community Pack - or at least a version of them.

- If I then install the Community Pack via the Steam Workshop, I find A LOT of duplicates in the list. By then I don't know anymore which the most recent version of a given scenario is.

So, what should I do? Accept the Community Pack which is automatically installed by the SCR, download the Workshop version and check which file is the most recent one (a chore with 500+ scenarios) or what?

You're probably still subscribed to the old CSP scenarios that Baloogan uploaded to Steam before I took over maintaining it. Best way would be to go to Command Workshop -> Your Subscribed Items and then select the "Unsubscribe From All" button then resubscribe to the official CSP from the link in the first post of this thread.

RFalvo69 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/7/2021 12:12:16 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

You're probably still subscribed to the old CSP scenarios that Baloogan uploaded to Steam before I took over maintaining it. Best way would be to go to Command Workshop -> Your Subscribed Items and then select the "Unsubscribe From All" button then resubscribe to the official CSP from the link in the first post of this thread.

It worked. Thanks!

boogabooga -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/7/2021 12:17:00 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: boogabooga

There are a few official scenarios that call external scripts but yeah most just copy the entire script into the lua event action.

Would it be ok with you if I modify the scenario to add those scripts directly into the scenario so the folder would not be needed? Wouldn't make another other changes.

It's more than a "few", it's about 40 scenarios already in that Lua folder.

I'm not opposed to you embedding the Lua yourself, if you want- as long as you get it all. There is Lua for both Actions AND Conditions, and I don't remember if any of the Condition Lua is in external scripts.

But I would be happy with just a note to say what to do with Lua folder ;)

Selchu -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/16/2021 7:20:02 PM)

Hey folks, io don't know where else to raise this as an issue.
In the scenario pack the scenario Russian Civil War Phase 2 keeps crashing after 24hours in game time. No idea why. I have run it twice and bang. Which is a pity cause I was really getting into it. I don't know who the original author was but something isn't right.

Think it came out back in CMANO from what I can spot on the forums.

bmackenty -> RE: Community Scenario Pack (2/6/2022 8:31:06 AM)

Thank you for this effort and time. Really appreciated.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI