RE: Panzer Map Mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> MODS and Scenarios

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (1/26/2020 5:26:01 PM)

Looks nice.

PanzerMike -> Panzer Map mod version 5 is ready! (1/27/2020 2:01:00 PM)

Map mod version 5 is ready! Get your free goodies here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/htq0gzkbwfp9udh/PanzerMap_v5.zip?dl=0

First post of this thread is also updated.

Tanaka -> RE: Panzer Map mod version 5 is ready! (1/28/2020 2:43:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PanzerMike

Map mod version 5 is ready! Get your free goodies here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/htq0gzkbwfp9udh/PanzerMap_v5.zip?dl=0

First post of this thread is also updated.

Looks great love your work! [&o]

PanzerMike -> RE: Panzer Map mod version 5 is ready! (1/29/2020 6:46:38 AM)

Link to version 5.1 of the Panzer Map Mod:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kb89ix1kn42pdgl/ocean.png?dl=0

There was a small goof on my part in one of the version 5 png files. You probably never even noticed it, but I want it to be perfect. So here is 5.1. The download is just one png file (ocean.png). It provides a 3d effect for coastlines. Simply copy/paste it over the previous ocean.png and overwrite it.

This is what it looks like:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/uAvUT3t.png[/img]

First post also updated.

battlevonwar -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (1/29/2020 7:13:44 AM)

Very beautiful ...

PanzerMike -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (1/29/2020 8:08:29 AM)

Thanks.

Ow and by the way, the revamped Benelux part of the map is NOT, I repeat NOT included in the Map Mod. The mod is purely graphics only.

The revamped Benelux is part of a personal little project of mine. I correct things on the map that I really think need it; the Benelux being one of that things. I am Dutch and it just hurt my eyes, hehehe.

I also removed a bunch of size 1 ports in Italy and France to counter the invasion issue.

I also do NOT touch the units.

So, in the end my goal is to make (lots) little changes that will (hopefully, hehehe) not break anything, hence no need for adapting the AI scripts for example. So Vanilla Warplan, with a little twist, no more no less.

Another sample:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/f766ZV3.png[/img]

As you can see, the rail net is more extensive, Rotterdam is now urban (the west of Holland was densely populated, even then). The Eems and Emden are new. And some other stuff. I think this resembles reality a little better.

ago1000 -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/12/2020 11:41:04 PM)

@PanzerMike
I love your mod. I was wondering is it possible to put a radius distance circle for air units like they do in WITPAE for 1 op distance? The reason being the distance line doesn't stretch over water. It would be nice to see how far out they reach in the water without counting hexes.

PanzerMike -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/13/2020 5:52:59 PM)

Can you show me a picture of what it looks like?

ago1000 -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/13/2020 8:31:06 PM)

When you click on an air unit, an info dialog box comes up and the circles depicted are distances on the map. The black circle would be an example of 1 OP (normal operational distance).

[image]local://upfiles/13464/C5A35A410E764FB3B43F9A45B64F8903.jpg[/image]

PanzerMike -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/15/2020 7:08:07 AM)

This is not possible as far as I can see. But it is a good suggestion to add this to the game. It is kind of a pain to count hexes to determine range, especially for example to determine the range of the start bomber over the Atlantic ocean to see what part is covered for anti sub action.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/15/2020 1:55:05 PM)

I might be able to do it. It's a matter of drawing a circle and changing it's scale based on the graphical map distances. I just have to account for the graphics. A line would blur out the more I scale it. Might have to be a shadow.

PanzerMike -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/15/2020 3:42:10 PM)

It would be a good thing to add. Pacific war without this feature is hard to imagine. It was all about islands, airfields and ranges.

ago1000 -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/15/2020 5:32:38 PM)

Thanks Gentlemen.

PanzerMike -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/16/2020 12:28:27 PM)

Work in progress

Benelux/NW Germany:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/DkH0MdV.png[/img]
Afsluitdijk, Zeeland (Scheldt Estuary), Wadden Islands are all custom tiles.
Note in Belgium the Schelde river, the Albert Canal, slightly more forest and added town Bastogne.
Bastogne is also a custom tile ("Town"). The Tonw custom tile has NO effect on gameplay, but is just for reference/flavor.
The striped coastal hexes are "no invasion possible" zones.

Gibraltar (now a Fortress):
[img]https://i.imgur.com/LvW7rbS.png[/img]
Made a custom tile for Gibraltar

Norway/Finland:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/rwVKzBs.png[/img]
Added Kirkenes and the road to Tromso (which existed at the time if my sources are correct).

mroyer -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/17/2020 2:02:22 AM)

Ironic, I was just the other day wishing Kirkenes was on the map :)

PanzerMike -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/17/2020 8:25:35 AM)

Like I said earlier, this is a little hobby project of mine. I only touch the map and try to make sure I do not break any scripts. Many map improvements are graphical only (like the Wadden Islands). Some are more extensive (Benelux). But nothing that will greatly upset the balance which is already hard to achieve in vanilla.

Units are unchanged, except sometimes I move them 1 hex at most, due to a changed River or something. No more, so basically what works in vanilla, works in my mod. No need to reinvent tactics dramatically or the need for extensive playtesting.

That is the goal of this mod.

PanzerMike -> Beaches (2/20/2020 8:41:06 PM)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/WXaf8Rq.png[/img]

PanzerMike -> RE: Beaches (2/23/2020 11:10:04 AM)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/K8vKtxZ.png[/img]

Although somewhat of a backwater during the war, Finland and Norway and the Soviet Union have received a makeover. All the major places are in the same place (Murmansk, Arghangelsk, Petsamo, etc.), but many places have been added that played a part in the war. They have no effect on the game (they are not urban or anything), just for reference and flavor.

Some of the coastline has changed around Murmansk and the White Sea (Kandalarsksja). Railways and roads have been altered. Note Reichstrasse 50 running from Narvik to Kirkenes (which is also new). Also note the river Litsa left of Murmansk (lot of fighting there in 1941) and the existing rivers that have changed course somewhat.

Quite a lot of changes all in all. I think I will leave this part of the map at that.

I have used multiple sources for all this. It resembles the real thing quite nicely IMHO.

James Taylor -> RE: Beaches (2/23/2020 7:12:21 PM)

These map enhancements are really nice.

I'm waiting till Al creates that "Mods" folder like SC3 has for all these new sprites.

BTW did you ever finish those transparent combat counters?

PanzerMike -> RE: Beaches (2/23/2020 7:32:49 PM)

I have created new sprites in the resource.png. Plenty of empty slots. Real easy.

But I agree, a proper mod directory would be convenient, but still this works too.

And I did make some transparant counters. Check out the download. There are many different counter variants in there.

brianreid -> RE: Beaches (2/24/2020 1:05:03 AM)

I have tried doing exactly as the directions say, but I am not having any luck. After I put the files in the folder, and then open up the game, nothing happens. See the picture below. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks

[image]local://upfiles/50151/7BD05A28535740FEB3DC6E712C04B798.jpg[/image]

PanzerMike -> RE: Beaches (2/24/2020 6:56:38 AM)

Looks normal, if you start the 1943 scenario or load it in the Editor it should show any changed sprites in the png files. The name of the .scn file (the actual scenario) must match the name of the directory where you place the png files. Did you check that?

brianreid -> RE: Beaches (2/24/2020 10:10:40 PM)

Here is a picture of the folder which has the scn. file and the Europe 1943 folder. Your png. files are in the folder Europe 1943.

[image]local://upfiles/50151/2B207CFC68A644B885BE098782F93F92.jpg[/image]

PanzerMike -> RE: Beaches (2/25/2020 5:15:37 AM)

Hmmm, seems to be in order. And you have altered some of the png files, yet nothing shows up (ie the stock graphics are displayed instead of the altered png files)?

Better raise an issue in the main forum then, so Alvaro notices it. Maybe your install is wonky.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Beaches (2/25/2020 1:13:01 PM)

I can't include copyrighted images in the game or I risk a lawsuit. If no images are copyrighted and created exclusively by the modder then yes.

PanzerMike -> RE: Beaches (2/25/2020 2:26:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alvaro Sousa

I can't include copyrighted images in the game or I risk a lawsuit. If no images are copyrighted and created exclusively by the modder then yes.

Sure this answer belongs in this thread? To what image are you referring?

PanzerMike -> RE: Beaches (2/25/2020 6:14:49 PM)

Skjaergaard - The Norwegian Corridor
[img]https://i.imgur.com/AloI7Aw.png[/img]
Immediately offshore from Norway's western coast lies the Skjaergaard (Skjærgård), a continuous chain of some 50,000 glacially formed skerries (small uninhabited islands) sea stacks and rocks running parallel to the shore. A partially hidden sea lane (which Churchill called the Norwegian Corridor) exists in the area between this rocky fringe and the coastal landmass proper. Inside this protected channel it is possible to navigate the entire 1,600 km length of the Norwegian coast from North Cape to Stavanger. Such coastlines, sometimes known as Leads — a rough English translation for the common Norwegian nautical term Ledene (shipping lane) are common around Scandinavia — Skjaergaard also exist along the Swedish and Finnish Baltic coasts and off Greenland.

The Germans made great use of the Norwegian Corridor to avoid the attention of the vigilant Royal Navy and RAF. In the winter of 1939–1940 a steady stream of their specially-constructed iron ore vessels made the long trip south from Narvik, sometimes within the three-mile curtilage of neutral Norwegian territorial waters, sometimes just outside if the way appeared hazardous or the sea particularly turbulent. At the southernmost point the iron ore captains had to make a choice:

Follow the Skjaergaard around the coasts of Norway and Sweden, down through the Kattegat and finally into the north German N Baltic ports of Lubeck and Stettin. This route was safer because it brought them much closer to the protection of the German naval patrols and Luftwaffe air cover but involved hauling the very bulky and heavy iron ore the long way overland to the industrial centres on the overburdened German railway system.

Leave the safety of the Skjaergaard and make a dash south across the Skagerrak (the sea channel north of the Danish Jutland peninsula), and hurry down the west coast of Denmark to Hamburg and Bremen. This was the preferred route because it allowed the ore to be taken straight along the efficient inland waterways to the industrial heartlands of the Ruhr and the Rhineland where it could be processed. It was much more hazardous, putting the ships and their cargo at the mercy of allied submarines and patrolling destroyers of the Contraband Control. A number of German ships were sunk in this area.

brianreid -> RE: Beaches (2/26/2020 12:35:38 AM)

PanzerMike. That is correct. When I open up the Europe 1943 Scenario, the stock graphics show up. None of your beautiful graphics show up.

Alvaro -- Do you have any input into why this might not be working?

ago1000 -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (2/27/2020 12:30:01 AM)

Well done. Looks incredible.

PanzerMike -> RE: Panzer Map Mod (3/12/2020 8:14:53 AM)

A new look:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/vkQfcDP.png[/img]

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI