RE: Interested Player (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Plumbersmack -> RE: Interested Player (5/5/2020 4:07:56 AM)

Hm. Well poop. Will update and get back to y'all soon. Will also incorporate earlier advice.

BBfanboy -> RE: Interested Player (5/5/2020 6:04:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Plumbersmack

https://imgur.com/bw2EkZI

https://imgur.com/PzZTECI

Here are the first two images from awhile ago. Still have yet to get on. Gosh darn honey do list. Will get you other requested images soon(tm)

Alfred, I assume I have all the patches, as I connected via launcher. Is this incorrect?

It looks like you have no patches installed. That is the way the original release looked like.

DO NOT use the Start Menu Shortcut (it points to "autorun.exe") that the game installs on your desktop - it has not been maintained since it was released so getting updates by that route is not going to lead to the right files. It is OK for starting the Editor or the .pdf manual.

To get the right patch, sign in and go to the Matrix site for the game and download the compressed file. Save a copy of that file for later recoveries if needed. Run the compressed file in the game directory and it will extract itself and install the updates. That takes you to Version .1126a, the current official patch.

If you want to run the Beta (.1126b) version of the game, it is found on this forum in the stickied area of the Tech section. Use the link there to download and install it.
Note that the Beta installer creates a new directory for the game, leaving the old one intact (AFAIK). I think the Beta also installs a shortcut that points directly to War In The Pacific Admiral Edition.exe in the Beta folder so you do not have to go through a menu on startup.

To keep your official patch game separate from your Beta patch game and the WITP start menu, label your beta shortcut text "WITP-AE Beta". Label the other one "WITP-AE Menu". Now create a new shortcut directly to your official patch .1126a game - go to the game folder and find the "War In The Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" file. Right click on it and choose "Create Shortcut". Drag that shortcut onto the desktop and rename the text "WITP-AE Official Patch".

Note that if you have tried to use switches to make the game run better, they do not work in the autorun.exe shortcut. Right click on the other shortcuts and select "properties". The box called "Target" points to the War In The Pacific Admiral Edition.exe file and your switches go at the end of that. All the info on that with illustrations is in the Tech section.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI