RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta2 (last update 14 june!) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta

jimwinsor -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta2 (last update 14 june!) (6/15/2020 12:42:43 AM)

1.03 beta 2: I have another case here of a minor (Raiders) refusing to surrender after it's only city (Avigancon) is taken. Instead, it counter-attacks along the line, then it persists in the game with it's old hexes getting renamed to a new zone (Madeleine, named after a free folk city to the north). Save here: https://we.tl/t-WrRe6NOITp

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) (6/15/2020 6:36:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Medway

Does using lastplanetgenerated count as a new game when trying the latest beta?

No. lastplanet is a save-game, albeit saved before round 1.

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/15/2020 3:30:02 PM)

Bump. Made some fixes. Some really long turn times in games where player had a lot of Stratagems should be much quicker now.
And some other fixes!

cspringer1234 -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/15/2020 4:48:28 PM)

1.03-beta2 new game
solider salary slider no longer seems to work. My soldiers reflect no pay on the treasury report in subsequent turns and if I do another salary request with the secretary, it's back down to 0 again.

If you need a save file, let me know.

oldspec4 -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/15/2020 9:47:48 PM)

Same for me..can't get the soldier salary slider to work under 1.03-beta 2 and beta 3

Cornuthaum -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/15/2020 11:41:50 PM)

quote:

-Fixed Archeology Stratagem *

I assume this means that it actually works at finding artefact locations instead of being a higher-difficulty, lower-pp-cost Prospecting Effort?

eddieballgame -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/16/2020 12:18:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

Same for me..can't get the soldier salary slider to work under 1.03-beta 2 and beta 3

Can confirm this. [&:]

I will add, the slider works, just does not save the correct new salary per the next turn.
Always stays at 0.

GeBuch -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/16/2020 2:00:18 AM)

Version: 1.03-beta 3
Issue: Significantly lower pre-apocalypse population on habitable Siwa planets
Details:
Previously the population for Siwa-Class planets could reach several billions if the planet had sufficient rainfall (Possible results within 50 rerolls: 4 billion at 1500mm & 10billion at 2500mm).
Now even under ideal circumstances 1 billion people is extremly rare.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create Siwa Planet with high rainfall. Temperature of 30°C or more increases average rainfall result.
  • Ensure the planet has a breathable Atmosphere
  • Reroll Colonization history. Previously very high population counts could be reached reliably under above circumstances.

Expected outcome:
High poulations are the only way to create a planet with sprawling ruins. That type of planet offers many interesting and different challenges compared to other planets. Therefore I would appreciate the abilty to create such a planet again.

Vhalor -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/16/2020 7:23:02 AM)

Seems that I'm facing the same bug as GeBuch. Population on Siwa-Class appears to be drastically lower now. I assume this is a bug too, as you stated that low rainfall was actually lowering population far too much, not the other way around.

As high billion planets indeed offered a different play style and lot of excitement, I hope you can restore them soon.

Tree Dog -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/16/2020 10:41:40 AM)

Playing PBEM with a friend, we're on turn 92 and getting a crash while processing the next, on both our machines. That's on 1.03 beta 3.
https://we.tl/t-cmlVWE186K

Ekaton -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/16/2020 1:12:14 PM)

Every save crashes made in beta 2 crashes when playing beta 3.

EDIT: Actually, only the latest three do, but I had to restart the game twice for some to work.

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta4 (last update 16 june!) (6/16/2020 2:07:21 PM)

Bump.
There was some issues with v1.03-beta3.
Thanks for testing and reporting them!
v1.03-beta4 should be more stable.

eddieballgame -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta4 (last update 16 june!) (6/16/2020 6:31:50 PM)

Thank you for these updates, very much appreciated.

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/17/2020 4:49:34 PM)

edited.

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/17/2020 4:50:59 PM)

Made an note for the high ruin count lovers

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/17/2020 5:00:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tree Dog

Playing PBEM with a friend, we're on turn 92 and getting a crash while processing the next, on both our machines. That's on 1.03 beta 3.
https://we.tl/t-cmlVWE186K

In fact i caused a lot of damage to the Stratagems of the players with v1.03. To the point it can lead to crashes. :(

With 1.03 beta-5 you'll be able to continue your game. (see changelist though.. there might be some stratagem loss)

best,
Vic

shi4stone -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta3 (last update 15 june!) (6/17/2020 5:59:51 PM)

Happiest moment of a day is to see another new beta release with more improvements and fixes to a superb game.

Destragon -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/17/2020 7:44:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic
-Added “Unification” and “Annexation” Minor Dip Stratagems *

Can't wait to try these. That sounds exactly like something I wanted.
Your daily patch support is pretty great.

quote:

-Fixed glitch with Task priority sliders not doing exactly what they were supposed to do.

This fixed what this thread was about, right?
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4829216

quote:

-Fixed a Model stat calculation bug that was not properly reading the actual Base Design value resulting in too low Armour,Weapon and Engine Design scores.

What exactly were these unit base design fixes about? Did it have to do with what was written here?
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4831154

Prussia -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/17/2020 10:09:44 PM)

On v1.03 beta 5: created an MG Division, but counter shows Brigade symbol (X vs XX). See pic, never mind on pic- image limit is 200kb??? Flashback to 1986. Pic is 3.4meg.

Possible cause: in recent beta patches, the icon for Divisions are installed in root directory of "ShadowSMALL" and "ShadowBig" not in a sub-folder (Nato?).

In the subfolders there is a symbol for Battalion, Regiment, and Division; but Division uses the Brigade symbol in current configuration. The current Division counter needs to be renamed to Brigade; and the Division in root directory needs to be moved.

The Division symbol in the root of ShadowSmall appears to be corrupted; whereas the one in ShadowBig looks fine.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Destragon -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 1:06:21 AM)

I'm trying the annexation and unification cards right now. Their difficulty is sometimes getting displayed as "no tests", but I'm not sure what causes that. My guess is that it says "no tests" when the difficulty modifier is negative. For example, the difficulty is 2d100 - 28, but gets displayed as "no tests".

Unification sounds a hell of a lot better then annexation right now. 50 less difficulty and no danger of accidenally declaring war.

Oh, also, right now when you activate these cards, the popup just says success or failure. I think it would be nice to display the die roll results.

I was just able to play two unification cards on the same regime on the same turn. It looks like this card does not trigger the "can only play one card on the regime per turn" flag.

If anyone's interested, these are the new annexation stratagems:
[image]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/538907913138208790/722974797491077190/annex_cards.png[/image]

IamMax -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 4:28:51 AM)

As a point of information: my turn processing times (at around turn 300 on a small Siwu) in 1.03 were somewhere between 20-25 minutes. Having installed 1.03 beta 5 that's down to 11 or so. So hey: progress!

KingHalford -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 5:15:30 AM)

Vic, those Minor Stratagems you've added, Unification and Annex, I can tell you without even using them that their PP cost is way too low. They should be closer to 80-100.

Here's my reasoning: this is a wargame, and if taking Minors at the start is a matter of just saving a couple of turns of PP and playing a card, then you're essentially removing any incentive to engage in the game's strongest feature: combat.

Whilst I like the idea of being able to use diplomacy to remove the "Minor Roadblocks" the cost should be very high, else we've got the potential to see players steam across the map. Experience tells me that when this happens, players will complain that it's a bad game because it's too easy.

One of the guys on our discord has already shown us how he's easily taken large amounts of territory and thinks it's overpowered.

Malevolence -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 5:57:19 AM)

As I've demurred from starting a new game since launch, I guess I'm going to miss out on Anschluss before the nerf. [:@]

quote:

ORIGINAL: KingHalford

Experience tells me that when this happens, players will complain that it's a bad game because it's too easy.

I suspect this is a myth perpetuated by tubers and streamers in general. The quoted evidence tends to be viewer comments rather than players. The majority of subscribers are potential purchasers, not purchasers.

Someone who comments, "yeah this game sucks" may have no skin the game. They might never have purchased the game in the first place. The "easy" part justifies their feelings in general.

I've heard the spitting brit has the developers of mount and blade bannerlord running in circles.

I'm crushing the AI's balls with a wrench so far, but normal difficultly and procgen all play a part. The PRNG plays a big role in this game too. It's still very enjoyable.

ramnblam -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 7:30:30 AM)

I think it will take a little bit of balancing to achieve the desired result. You want players to be experience a spectrum of potential minor/major regime relations, from the friendliest cuddly bears to the most obnoxious aggressive warmonger, the stratagems should be there to give the player a way to influence and maneuver politically without being a binary "OH positive relations play the x card". The character skill rolls already come into play here which is good but I think being able to not cheese any one area of the game to make the rest trivial is really important.

KingHalford -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 8:38:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ramnblam

I think it will take a little bit of balancing to achieve the desired result. You want players to be experience a spectrum of potential minor/major regime relations, from the friendliest cuddly bears to the most obnoxious aggressive warmonger, the stratagems should be there to give the player a way to influence and maneuver politically without being a binary "OH positive relations play the x card". The character skill rolls already come into play here which is good but I think being able to not cheese any one area of the game to make the rest trivial is really important.

My worry here is that if you get a very strong diplomat then 30 PP is rather trivial to obtain, especially if you play for this strategy from the start. I like the cards (although I do wonder if just one of them might do since they're both very similar?) I can just see the potential for abuse, particularly in multiplayer.

KingHalford -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 8:40:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

As I've demurred from starting a new game since launch, I guess I'm going to miss out on Anschluss before the nerf. [:@]

quote:

Experience tells me that when this happens, players will complain that it's a bad game because it's too easy.

I suspect this is a myth perpetuated by tubers and streamers in general. The quoted evidence tends to be viewer comments rather than players. The majority of subscribers are potential purchasers, not purchasers.

Someone who comments, "yeah this game sucks" may have no skin the game. They might never have purchased the game in the first place. The "easy" part justifies their feelings in general.

I've heard the spitting brit has the developers of mount and blade bannerlord running in circles.

I'm crushing the AI's balls with a wrench so far, but normal difficultly and procgen all play a part. The PRNG plays a big role in this game too. It's still very enjoyable.

Was just an observation based on my own experience and talking to a whole lot of people about gaming over the past years. I've not been streaming long enough to have any say on your speculation here.

zgrssd -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 8:48:09 AM)

quote:

Vic, those Minor Stratagems you've added, Unification and Annex, I can tell you without even using them that their PP cost is way too low. They should be closer to 80-100.

Here's my reasoning: this is a wargame, and if taking Minors at the start is a matter of just saving a couple of turns of PP and playing a card, then you're essentially removing any incentive to engage in the game's strongest feature: combat.

Whilst I like the idea of being able to use diplomacy to remove the "Minor Roadblocks" the cost should be very high, else we've got the potential to see players steam across the map. Experience tells me that when this happens, players will complain that it's a bad game because it's too easy.

One of the guys on our discord has already shown us how he's easily taken large amounts of territory and thinks it's overpowered.

They are specifically intended as a alternative to using warfare. Even getting Minors into that kind of relationship is a hard thing.

It is a bit wierd that annexation is the more expensive one, given that it is harder and on failure you will declare war. Unless the goal is maybe to declare war without causing your word score to drop?

ramnblam -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 9:21:36 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ramnblam

My worry here is that if you get a very strong diplomat then 30 PP is rather trivial to obtain, especially if you play for this strategy from the start. I like the cards (although I do wonder if just one of them might do since they're both very similar?) I can just see the potential for abuse, particularly in multiplayer.

Mate I'm not trying to be an arsehole, but my comment was explicitly I want options available to the player in regards to the RNG they come up against but it shouldn't be something that is potentially reliably or practicably cheesed. Sorry if If I've misread you.

jimwinsor -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 3:06:36 PM)

I’m in the same boat as Malevolence in that I’m stuck on an earlier version for the time being. This new patch has only been out a day, give it a bit more time to be tested, IMO.

I’ve had games, pre-patch, where where I’ve managed to annex 3 or more minors just using the Protectorate card. There was one game I did on stream that chatters labeled my “Hapsburg Run.”

Of course the downside of this is a state of war, probably with a major. But in many cases, the AI major was in no position for a war with me and quickly offered peace. So my point being, bloodless annexations of minors were already a thing, pre-patch, if you played your cards right.

Destragon -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta5 (last update 17 june!) (6/18/2020 3:11:46 PM)

quote:

It's not quite as easy as you put it. First, you're gonna need a foreign affairs council. You need a good diplomat or some shadow diplomat stratagems. You need to make the regime a protectorate, then a vassal to reduce difficulty. Hopefully with critical successes to improve your relation with them. If you fail those and reduce your relation, you're gonna make the unification harder, and I think you can't really increase your relation with them, unless you have that one political faction that gifits you relation boosting stratagems. It also depends a lot on the tradition value from the minor, which as far as I can tell, can be a +200 modifier for the difficulty at max tradition.

When you do succeed though, you're immediately getting access to their city with ecstatic population happiness and all their militia units, which both are really powerful effects.

I would actually say that the "annexation" card is currently underpowered, because who would ever want to play that when there's a risk of losing everything you worked for diplomatically and dropping right down to a war status?

It doesn't really make sense for unification to have -50 difficulty, when it has no negative downside for failing it. The -50 difficulty should maybe be moved over to annexation.

I'm okay with increasing PP costs, since the game feels like it needs more PP drains in general.

There's currently no effect for critical successes/failures with these cards. The annexation war declaration should probably be moved to critical failure since a normal failure could be seen as the minor faction challenging your threat and it still being your choice if you really want to declare war or not. Normal failure should still be a big drop in relation between you and them though.
Maybe the ecstatic population happiness after unifying should be an effect of a critical unification success. Normal unification success should be 50% happiness or something like that.

quote:

although I do wonder if just one of them might do since they're both very similar?

The game is parts roleplaying game, so having two different options for unification/annexation, one for intimidating with threats and the other for being diplomatic, is good I think.
The cards could be made more different from each other for sure though.

quote:

That was me. It's very powerful and it does need some tweaking, but I don't share the worry of it potentially being game ruining.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI