RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta

ramnblam -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (6/19/2020 11:49:40 PM)

Is it a problem just building the HS rail station one hex outside of the city?

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (6/20/2020 11:02:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IamMax

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cornuthaum

quote:

-You can no longer build HS Rail Station and Rail Station in the same Hex *

I'm sorry, what? Am I supposed to cripple my entire, already-existing railway logistics infrastructure for 12 turns (because that's how long it takes for an asset to be removed jfc), only to then have to wait for at least another 2 turns before I can build and start using HS rail stations?

HS rail is already a pretty late-game tech on the opposite path of the tech tree from the most important economic ones (robotization) and all preceding techs to HS rail are useless on a lot of planets and as such very low priority in the first place. It does not come early enough for there not to already be a regular rail network. If there was a conversion project (replacing an existing Rail station with a similarly-levelled HS rail station) this wouldn't be quite so bad.

^Yep, this. This does not seem like a good change.

e: additionally. I've only taken the one game late enough to play around with rail & high-speed rail, but I found there were multiple times when upgrading a given city's HS rail was prohibitively expensive and the regular rail stations were a useful bandaid until I could afford the 50 high-tech parts per turn it'd take to get to the next level of HS rail. In the case of my capital, it was even necessary to have a significantly upgraded regular rail station alongside the HS rail station, because the logistical demands of the empire were pretty intense.

Perhaps the intent is that the creation of additional SHQs becomes mandatory at a certain point?

In fact it was an oversight its possible. You cant have a private Truck Station and a public Truck Station in the same Hex either as it could cause glitches with especially the Logistics Preview. Its complicated and i prefer to avoid it for now.

However you can just build it 1 Hex outside the city without problem.

And their range is so huge you won't need one in every city anyway. 200ap =2ap/hex => 100 Hex range.

best wishes,
Vic

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta8 (last update 20 june!) (6/20/2020 11:08:52 AM)

Small fixes done with 103-beta8.

Getting close to official v1.04 now.

zgrssd -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (6/20/2020 11:27:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: IamMax

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cornuthaum

quote:

-You can no longer build HS Rail Station and Rail Station in the same Hex *

I'm sorry, what? Am I supposed to cripple my entire, already-existing railway logistics infrastructure for 12 turns (because that's how long it takes for an asset to be removed jfc), only to then have to wait for at least another 2 turns before I can build and start using HS rail stations?

HS rail is already a pretty late-game tech on the opposite path of the tech tree from the most important economic ones (robotization) and all preceding techs to HS rail are useless on a lot of planets and as such very low priority in the first place. It does not come early enough for there not to already be a regular rail network. If there was a conversion project (replacing an existing Rail station with a similarly-levelled HS rail station) this wouldn't be quite so bad.

^Yep, this. This does not seem like a good change.

e: additionally. I've only taken the one game late enough to play around with rail & high-speed rail, but I found there were multiple times when upgrading a given city's HS rail was prohibitively expensive and the regular rail stations were a useful bandaid until I could afford the 50 high-tech parts per turn it'd take to get to the next level of HS rail. In the case of my capital, it was even necessary to have a significantly upgraded regular rail station alongside the HS rail station, because the logistical demands of the empire were pretty intense.

Perhaps the intent is that the creation of additional SHQs becomes mandatory at a certain point?

In fact it was an oversight its possible. You cant have a private Truck Station and a public Truck Station in the same Hex either as it could cause glitches with especially the Logistics Preview. Its complicated and i prefer to avoid it for now.

And their range is so huge you won't need one in every city anyway. 200ap =2ap/hex => 100 Hex range.

best wishes,
Vic

Why not give us a way to upgrade into a different version of the same group?
Like turning a Earth farm into a Xeno Farm or Algae Farm with a sidegrade project?
Or turning a supply base/railhead into a full truck station/rail station?

The way you got a 1-turn delay for finished cosnturctions (inlcuding upgrades) to start operating seems well suited for it.
I know it could be a difficult thing, but is it at least planned?

Cornuthaum -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (6/20/2020 1:56:15 PM)

quote:

"Go put your empire-critical, highly-expensive logistics infrastructure outside your cities" is a very poor solution to a problem that by rights should not exist. I can't speak for how you coded it, you'd know that better, but is it not possible to have sidegrade projects that convert Rail stations to HS rail stations of the equivalent tier?

zgrssd -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (6/20/2020 2:24:47 PM)

Given how upgrades already work, the sidegrade project should not be a major hurdle I think:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4837855
And even if I could only sidegrade to a T1, that would still be a advantage to what we have now.

Should be doable for a future beta, I think. We just need confirmation that it is "on the list".

Twotribes -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (6/20/2020 2:25:19 PM)

LOL I am never going to get past turn 20, as fast as you update with needing a new start. Well at least I like rerolling planets ).

L0ckAndL0ad -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (6/20/2020 5:51:36 PM)

Does anyone have a problem with long turn times? Since the last couple of betas my turn times became seemingly much much longer than they were before, but I did not actually count the time. I feel like I can watch a part of the movie while it's calculating. On the same PC.

Hazard151 -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (6/20/2020 9:26:41 PM)

My turn resolution tends to hang for 15 minutes with the biggest AI's Strategic Front at 100% completion.

IamMax -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (6/21/2020 2:54:03 AM)

quote:

Ah, that makes sense then.

As an aside, I didn't combine HS rail and rail to extend the range, but rather to increase the capacity. Although even that wasn't enough and, eventually, I realized I could build addition HS rail stations immediately outside the capital and did that.

(I, uh, have the memory of a goldfish and forgot about the building-outside-cities thing when I wrote my earlier post)

goodwoodrw -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) (6/21/2020 4:18:49 AM)

What's going on Vic 8 hours and no update, I thought you you were support this game.[:D][:D][:D]

ramnblam -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta7 (last update 19 june!) (6/21/2020 5:11:50 AM)

I have noticed a significant longer turn time in my current game than my older one, but this game has more majors and minors in it so I don't know if that is the reason or not.

zgrssd -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) (6/21/2020 10:47:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw

What's going on Vic 8 hours and no update, I thought you you were support this game.[:D][:D][:D]

Do you have any idea how hard it is to finish a game, if new and exiting "needs new game to work" features and fixes come in every 8 hours? [:D]

Tchey -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) (6/21/2020 2:15:59 PM)

If he sleeps 4 hours, codes 3 hours, publish, eat, and repeat, he can do it.

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/21/2020 2:41:56 PM)

minor patch.

and yeah i'll get a bit slower over time. don't expect me to keep this speed up :)

have a nice sunday all :)

ramnblam -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/21/2020 3:18:17 PM)

Thanks mate, have a good one.

Destragon -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/21/2020 4:42:30 PM)

Am I not understanding something here or is there something buggy about the "required items" calculation, when selecting older unit models?

[image]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/504754524079259678/724302905448071198/items.jpg[/image]

ramnblam -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/21/2020 4:54:30 PM)

Are your base model infantry set to obsolete? If so maybe there is some sort of prioritization so you don't blow your pitiful amount of IP away???

Destragon -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/21/2020 5:12:44 PM)

They are both set to the default "none" quality level.

ramnblam -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/21/2020 5:35:18 PM)

The only reason I can see without loading your save destragon is that those IP's are actually being used elsewhere and the UI isn't indicating it. Maybe post this on the tech support area.

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/21/2020 6:32:38 PM)

Yeah i caused a glitch with the Item% with last beta. Should be fixed now. Thanks for quick reporting!

Destragon -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/21/2020 7:23:29 PM)

Thanks for the even quicker fixing!

By the way, was it fixed that the "unification" stratagem could be played multiple times on the same turn on the same regime?
Edit: Just managed to try it on a new game. Looks like this is still possible.

MatthewVilter -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/22/2020 5:44:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tchey

If he sleeps 4 hours, codes 3 hours, publish, eat, and repeat, he can do it.

Boo! *throws popcorn* [:'(]

quote:

and yeah i'll get a bit slower over time. don't expect me to keep this speed up :)

Yes, please don't burn yourself out! [:)]

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/22/2020 7:50:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Destragon

Thanks for the even quicker fixing!

By the way, was it fixed that the "unification" stratagem could be played multiple times on the same turn on the same regime?
Edit: Just managed to try it on a new game. Looks like this is still possible.

Nope I missed that report. But will fix it for the next version.

Destragon -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta9 (last update 21 june!) (6/22/2020 1:58:07 PM)

Thanks, Vic.
Did you notice the bug where the difficulty for annexation and unification says "no tests" when the difficulty modifier is negative? For example, when the regime has 0 tradition and 50 relation, so the difficulty ends up being 2d100 - 50, but gets displayed as no test?

Vic -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) (6/23/2020 1:49:27 PM)

Big patch!

I wanted to move to v1.04, but I had already started on optimizing some logistics calculations (and doing some rule finetunings as well)... And well they are quite big. So i prefer to have this as a beta version first.

Hope this version also increases the turn calcs speed for some late-game players. It should. Prob. in order of like 30 or maybe 40% faster. No miracles, but every bit helps.

best wishes,
Vic

willgamer -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) (6/23/2020 2:43:50 PM)

quote:

-Rail Logistics => 5pts per Hex * (instead of 2)
-Truck Logistics on Sealed => 7pts per Hex * (instead of 5)

Not sure I understand... did this just make logistics even more difficult? [&:]

zgrssd -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) (6/23/2020 2:57:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: willgamer

quote:

-Rail Logistics => 5pts per Hex * (instead of 2)
-Truck Logistics on Sealed => 7pts per Hex * (instead of 5)

Not sure I understand... did this just make logistics even more difficult? [&:]

That decreases the time/number of hexes until the dropoff happens. So the supply system would end up with a few more stops that produce Tuck/Rail points along the way.

olin0111 -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) (6/23/2020 3:12:34 PM)

quote:

Changelist to v1.03-beta10
-After the 4th branching (not counting the source) logistics “runners” will suffer AP penalties (5th branch=10 ap, 6h = 40, 7th=90, 8th=160,etc..).

I am not sure what that means. Will it also effectively cause the logistics to be harder?

Destragon -> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) (6/23/2020 3:26:29 PM)

It means having too many branches in your logistical network will reduce the potential max distance your truck stations can reach.
Not sure if I like that one yet.

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI