Game so great ! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

shimwooley -> Game so great ! (6/15/2020 5:16:15 AM)

Best game I ever bought but learning curve is steep !!

GodwinW -> RE: Game so great ! (6/15/2020 10:09:04 AM)

It's actually not that steep. It looks very daunting at first, but if you just spend a few days with it you find you climb it pretty easily (watch DasTactic's tutorials to speed-boost even this).
Well maybe that is steep. But I seem to be over the hump and I wish there would be areas I could still discover :p

Definitely agree that it's very awesome :)

Laiders -> RE: Game so great ! (6/15/2020 10:44:12 AM)

It truly is.

Godwin I think you are right. It's kinda like a Paradox game right, especially if you are buying in at the end of the life-cycle of a game. There are so many fiddly systems and mechanics that it seems utterly overwhelming but, in fact, you can pretty much just hit play and keep an eye on a few key simple systems at the start. Understanding the rest can wait.

With SE, you have to sort of understand the logistics views and how supply works (even this can be ignored on Siwas with abundant oil; just play inefficiently) and you have to have a decent grasp of the basic viability of military operations. Basic military theory whether, like me, you've learnt it from a love of history and gaming or through actual service in a military will stand you in good stead.

Tanks rule open ground, mech inf support tanks, foot inf bite and hold, entrenched inf in cities can be tricky, surround and destroy, bypass fortified areas leaving only minimal holding forces, have reserves at every level of warfare etc.

The rest will come with time but the above two factors will allow you to give a good account.

Lovenought -> RE: Game so great ! (6/16/2020 8:01:50 AM)

Yeah, what they said. Failed badly in my first two attempted games, but now on my third i'm paddling water and really feel like I have basic competence.

For me learning how to manage the economy (avoid worker shortages! Don't let the hire if shortage, fire if surplus system run on it's own!) was more important than logistics. I think learning logistics isn't much use if your supply chain magically stops being supported and you don't understand why.

Blutch -> RE: Game so great ! (6/16/2020 9:32:37 AM)

+1

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI