Cults (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Vegan -> Cults (6/18/2020 11:15:11 PM)

Hi,

i noticed that there are different cults/religions etc, but i can't find any info on them, how many are there, what do they each do, advantages and disatvantages etc.

Where can i find such info please?

Thanks.

Twotribes -> RE: Cults (6/18/2020 11:36:49 PM)

I don't know about out of game but in game what ever cults you have in your Nation you can look at via the UI. forget right now which tab to use, might be able to see rthe same for majors you have relations with too.

Jdane -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 12:08:28 AM)

That would be under REP. > Overview > Cult Overview I believe. Tooltips from hovering over the cults' names being your main source of information.

Vegan -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 2:08:58 PM)

That's not much but that's still helpful, thank you.

Jdane -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 2:25:38 PM)

I just remembered there's also bits of data to be found in the Zone tab, after clicking on the button displaying Cult influence (very bottom row).
You'll then see some information on the left side infobox, such as what percentage of the population belongs to which cult, what impact those had. I believe there might be some under REP. > Zones too.

Pi2repsilon -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 3:08:57 PM)

Every cult provides some bonuses, a penalty, a possible leader feat for cult membership, a priest stratagem, and a set of events tailored to a specific profile. As a general rule, if you get a cult into your territory that matches your profile well you should support them to get more options to strengthen it. Cults whose profile are the opposite of your regimes you are probably better off suppressing even if they have nice benefits.

I don't know all of them as I've only been playing a few days, but I had just started compiling a list for my own use. Feel free to chime in with more data or corrections. We can eventually take a completed cult list to the war room

Mystic Temple
Profile: commerce, heart
Leader feat: +10 cha or +20 cha !? needs verification
Bonuses: private economy bonus, population happiness
Penalty: -recruits
Priest: +readiness

Church of Syndic
Profile: democracy, government !? need verification, from memory
Leader feat: 10 int !? needs verification
Bonuses: public economy bonus and worker happiness
Penalty: -private sector funds
Priest: +defense

Eternity Movement
Profile: meritocracy, mind
Leader feat: +10 int !? needs verification
Bonuses: research, loyalty
Penalty: worker productivity
Priest: +morale

Anima Circle – lacks context tooltip
Profile: ?
Leader feat: ?
Bonuses: secret, reduces unrest and fear
Penalty: ?
Priest: increased XP

Shadow Cult:
Bonuses: cultural adaptation
Penalty: unrest
Priest: avoids retreats

Apocryphal Order:
Bonuses: converts free folk, casualty tolerance
Penalty:
Priest: +attack, 20% kill on hit
"Tendency to kill followers of other cults. " !? need corroboration

..any other cults?

zgrssd -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 3:28:44 PM)

Shadow Cult:
+ Cultural Adaptation
+ Unrest

Pi2repsilon -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 3:31:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Shadow Cult:
+ Cultural Adaptation
+ Unrest

+Unrest as in "bonus, reduces unrest" or "penalty, increases unrest". EDIT: Already answered below; it is penalty.

WeaverofBrokenThreads -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 3:35:38 PM)

Syndic Union.

Eternity Movement unit improves morale.

There's also the Apocryphal Order which converts free folk and gives you a casualty tolerance bonus. The unit improves attack and gives 20% to kill units on a hit result.

Tree Dog -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 3:36:07 PM)

I have those:
Shadow Sect:
Cultural Adjustment Bonus Points (faster CAP generation in conquered cities)
"Follows disturbing rituals, causes unrest", soldiers and shadow members kill each others in your cities when shadow members try to kill anima cultists.
Causes unrest, fanatical about exterminating Anima followers.
Shadow priest: Avoids retreats.

Anima Circle:
Secret Bonus Points (increases recon generated by spies)
Reduces unrest and fear with "positivity projects" in cities.
Lot of leaders "harassed by Anima followers for perceived egoism. Rel -XX", but this doesn't appear in the leader's or cult's relationship.
Anima priest: Increases XP through combat

Church of Syndic:
Production bonus for public assets and increase worker happiness. (typo there, the "pp" of happiness was turned into "Political Points (PP)".
Economic bonus points.
Tend to hoard cash from private economy.
Syndic priest: Increases defensive power.

Mystic Temple:
Increase productivity of private assets as well as population happiness (same typo as above)
Private bonus points (increase the production of private assets that produce credits and food)
Less recruits
Mystic priest: Keeps readiness up.

Apocrypha Order:
Bonus to support higher levels of casualties, increased population through conversion of free folks.
Casualty bonus: "increases the casualty tolerance of your populace"
Tendency to kill followers of other cults.
Didn't get priests from them.

Eternity Movement:
Increase loyalty and give research bonus.
Negative impact on worker productivity.
Eternity guru: Keeps morale up.

And I just noticed the Mystic Temple disappeared in my current game despite my "support policy" for them.

Jdane -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 4:34:27 PM)

Nice collaborative effort here.
I was just passing by to add that one can also see some of the effects of the cults under REP. > Overviews > Regime feat and bonuses overview (or something along those lines).
Mousing over the bonuses/maluses brings up a tooltip which breaks down where the bonuses/maluses are coming from, and cult effects appear in there.

Cornuthaum -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 5:06:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tree Dog

I have those:
Shadow Sect:
Cultural Adjustment Bonus Points (faster CAP generation in conquered cities)
"Follows disturbing rituals, causes unrest", soldiers and shadow members kill each others in your cities when shadow members try to kill anima cultists.
Causes unrest, fanatical about exterminating Anima followers.
Shadow priest: Avoids retreats.

Anima Circle:
Secret Bonus Points (increases recon generated by spies)
Reduces unrest and fear with "positivity projects" in cities.
Lot of leaders "harassed by Anima followers for perceived egoism. Rel -XX", but this doesn't appear in the leader's or cult's relationship.
Anima priest: Increases XP through combat

Church of Syndic:
Production bonus for public assets and increase worker happiness. (typo there, the "pp" of happiness was turned into "Political Points (PP)".
Economic bonus points.
Tend to hoard cash from private economy.
Syndic priest: Increases defensive power.

Mystic Temple:
Increase productivity of private assets as well as population happiness (same typo as above)
Private bonus points (increase the production of private assets that produce credits and food)
Less recruits
Mystic priest: Keeps readiness up.

Apocrypha Order:
Bonus to support higher levels of casualties, increased population through conversion of free folks.
Casualty bonus: "increases the casualty tolerance of your populace"
Tendency to kill followers of other cults.
Didn't get priests from them.

Eternity Movement:
Increase loyalty and give research bonus.
Negative impact on worker productivity.
Eternity guru: Keeps morale up.

And I just noticed the Mystic Temple disappeared in my current game despite my "support policy" for them.

All of the Cults also have particular govt. axes aligned with them, which are some of the precious few ways to increase some of these profiles.

Eternity Momevement in particular is Meritocracy/Mind, a real lifesaver,public prod penalty or no

jimwinsor -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 5:08:49 PM)

This excellent post should be moved to the War Room [:)]

Pi2repsilon -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 5:13:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimwinsor

Let's fill in the missing details first and, once that's done, start a new Cult post with the relevant info in post #1 in the war room.

I've updated post #6 to this point. Keep the info coming.

ydmatrix2 -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 8:24:59 PM)

quote:

Every cult provides some bonuses, a penalty, a priest stratagem, and a set of events tailored to a specific profile. As a general rule, if you get a cult into your territory that matches your profile well you should support them to get more options to strengthen it. Cults whose profile are the opposite of your regimes you are probably better off suppressing even if they have nice benefits.

Also, your leaders can become followers of the various cults. It's a character feat which grants them bonuses to their skills.
Rather hazy on which cults matches which bonuses and can't verify at the moment - I think it's +10 will for Eternity Movement; +10 charisma for Mystic Temple followers; +10 int for, I think, Church of Syndic; and even less sure but I think +10 war for Apocryphal Order followers.

Destragon -> RE: Cults (6/19/2020 8:58:18 PM)

I've heard someone saying that there used to be something like religious civil wars in the pre-release version of the game, but it ended up getting toned down. Anyone knows if something like that can still happen?

Also, when the Shadow Sect asks for population, is this population really removed? Sounds like a pretty steep cost for cult favor.

Cornuthaum -> RE: Cults (6/20/2020 9:39:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ydmatrix2

quote:

Every cult provides some bonuses, a penalty, a priest stratagem, and a set of events tailored to a specific profile. As a general rule, if you get a cult into your territory that matches your profile well you should support them to get more options to strengthen it. Cults whose profile are the opposite of your regimes you are probably better off suppressing even if they have nice benefits.

Also, your leaders can become followers of the various cults. It's a character feat which grants them bonuses to their skills.
Rather hazy on which cults matches which bonuses and can't verify at the moment - I think it's +10 will for Eternity Movement; +10 charisma for Mystic Temple followers; +10 int for, I think, Church of Syndic; and even less sure but I think +10 war for Apocryphal Order followers.

Eternity Movement is +10 Int, Mystic Temple is +20 Charisma, and idk about the others I shooed them all out because their profile choices sucked

ramnblam -> RE: Cults (6/20/2020 10:01:50 AM)

Treedog and Pi2 and everyone else thanks for the super informative posts on this topic. Vic left us out in the cold on this in regards to the manual haha.

Tonzint -> RE: Cults (6/20/2020 2:02:26 PM)

Support of Apocryphal Order increases enforcement and autocracy.

Stratagem card is called 'Apocrypha Paladin'.
"The troops he is embedded with get +100 on their attacks in an offensive. Any hit scored will have increased 25% to be a kill."

Tonzint -> RE: Cults (6/23/2020 10:22:04 AM)

+ 10 to war stat for leader following Apocrypha Order.

zgrssd -> RE: Cults (6/24/2020 1:10:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pi2repsilon

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimwinsor

Let's fill in the missing details first and, once that's done, start a new Cult post with the relevant info in post #1 in the war room.

I've updated post #6 to this point. Keep the info coming.

Here some confirmation Data that I am gathering from 1.03Beta10. No Data or lack of effect mention does not means there is nothing, just I did not find it

Anima Circle:
Profile: Democracy, Heart
Effects:
-Unrest and Fear due to Positivity Projects
+Secret Bonus Points (Spy Receon Generation)
Harasses Leaders with high Egoism (>50? Not Members?)
Priests: Quicker XP Gain.
Follower Trait: +10 Charisma

Chruch of Syndic:
Profile: Democracy, Government
Effects:
-Private Credits
+Economic Bonus Points (Formerly Public Production Bonus)
Pirests: No Data
Follower Trait: No Data

Mystic Temple:
Profile: Meritocracy, Commerce
Effects:
+ Pop Happines
- Army Recruitment
Pirests: No Data/propably none
Follwoer Trait: +20 Oratory, +20 Leadership

Shadow Sect:
Profile: Autocracy, Fist
+Cultural Adjustment
Extra Unrest from "Disturbing Rituals"
Kills Anima Followers
Priests: Retreat Hits are ignored

ydmatrix2 -> RE: Cults (6/25/2020 12:03:06 PM)

A few more additions after playing the game a bit (just writing what's not already mentioned above, or still with quesiton mark):

Apocrypha Order:
Profile: Enforcement, Autocracy

Shadow Sect:
Leader Feat: +10 int

Chruch of Syndic:
Priest: Game states :"Doubles attack values in defensive combat", but actually doubles defense (hitpoints).

Eternity Movement:
Leader Feat: +10 int

zgrssd -> RE: Cults (6/25/2020 5:58:37 PM)

Mystic Temple:
Priest: "Keep their Readiness", Credits from Salvage and Donations after kill

Lovenought -> RE: Cults (6/26/2020 6:43:55 AM)

Is there any way to make a cult more attractive? Or is it just inverse to your Ethics? It would make sense if the more you went in one direction, the more attractive an opposite cult would be.

I'm asking because in my current run (Hardcore Autocracy/Enforcement/Fist, actually have gotten to 90 Autocracy a few times), I am suppressing every other cult, and supporting the Shadow Sect. (I don't have the Apochryphal Order sadly, they sound good too). But the Shadow sect languishes with a few % of the population and attractiveness in the 70s. Are they just not edgy and countercultural enough?

zgrssd -> RE: Cults (6/26/2020 10:36:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lovenought

Is there any way to make a cult more attractive? Or is it just inverse to your Ethics? It would make sense if the more you went in one direction, the more attractive an opposite cult would be.

I'm asking because in my current run (Hardcore Autocracy/Enforcement/Fist, actually have gotten to 90 Autocracy a few times), I am suppressing every other cult, and supporting the Shadow Sect. (I don't have the Apochryphal Order sadly, they sound good too). But the Shadow sect languishes with a few % of the population and attractiveness in the 70s. Are they just not edgy and countercultural enough?

You did the "Discuss Policy regarding this cult" thing and "change Policy in favor of the cult"?
And you also put the other cults onto "Supressed" to "Outlawed", right?

You can find hte cards for it under Nation.

Lovenought -> RE: Cults (6/26/2020 11:22:08 AM)

Yes

zgrssd -> RE: Cults (6/26/2020 11:45:37 AM)

quote:

Yes

What is the "Natural Follower Point" for them and the others?

Pretty sure that one only grows if you hit the Maximum, until eventually you hit 100% (and in the beta, it can not actually go past 100%).

Vhalor -> RE: Cults (6/26/2020 7:41:08 PM)

Well, the most important Cult is still missing... where's the Cult of LIS?!

zgrssd -> RE: Cults (6/26/2020 8:47:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vhalor

Well, the most important Cult is still missing... where's the Cult of LIS?!

What do you mean?
LIS is here. There. And everywhere.
It reaches most places, but there is never enough of it at any one place.

Lovenought -> RE: Cults (6/26/2020 10:34:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

quote:

Yes

What is the "Natural Follower Point" for them and the others?

Pretty sure that one only grows if you hit the Maximum, until eventually you hit 100% (and in the beta, it can not actually go past 100%).

Here are the appeal, relationships and percentages of the cults, and the national ethic. Where can I find Natural Follower Point?

https://imgur.com/BplKgP0
https://imgur.com/DzHszAF

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI