(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

Paul Vebber -> (8/2/2003 9:18:22 PM)

While its not documented, those of you who want ot make additional scenarios might want to check out the Kosun_editor.exe file in the main folder ;)

I know Chris Merchant is busy with it :D

sol_invictus -> (8/2/2003 10:09:28 PM)

I've only had time to print the manual and read it last night. Aside from the fact that printing that cover page for the manual about gave my little personal printer a coronary,:D I must say that the manual is a top notch job. I mean twenty pages of campaign notes, woohoo! I just had enough time to play around with the game a few moments last night before I crawled off to bed at 2 a.m., but the interface seems crisp and flawless. The amount of information that you have at you fingertips and the ease of access is breathtaking. Guess I'll do the lessons tonight for the buildup to a proper game for Sunday. Great job guys on what looks like the Gold Standard for computer wargames.

Tbone3336 -> (8/3/2003 1:27:49 AM)

I agree Arinvald, I am trying to post to as many people who I think would like this in the least trying to get them to try it. I have one copy on order for my brother that hasn't arrived yet and I just ordered another copy to pass onto a friend as a gift. I love the game system and will do Guerilla marketing for it if I have to, to insure other modules get made, it is that simple. There are alot of good games coming and this is the start of it. Titans of Steel hopefully is as good, lots of expendatures this month however it has been awhile since I bought games so I was prepared.

U2 -> (8/3/2003 1:30:47 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tbone3336
[B]I agree Arinvald, I am trying to post to as many people who I think would like this in the least trying to get them to try it. I have one copy on order for my brother that hasn't arrived yet and I just ordered another copy to pass onto a friend as a gift. I love the game system and will do Guerilla marketing for it if I have to, to insure other modules get made, it is that simple. There are alot of good games coming and this is the start of it. Titans of Steel hopefully is as good, lots of expendatures this month however it has been awhile since I bought games so I was prepared. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have been doing the same...months before it came out I started bugging opponents to buy this game so that we could play it PBEM....it worked with 4 people:D One asked if I was getting payed by Matrix to do it

Oh well 14 more days till I get my own copy

Snigbert -> (8/3/2003 1:59:33 AM)

Dan,

I just called around the stores and they said it will be here on 8/5 or 8/6. I'm going to pick up a copy then and if you like we can play some PBEM when your copy comes in. Should give me a week or so to practice so I'll have that edge over you. :)

U2 -> (8/3/2003 2:11:22 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snigbert
[B]Dan,

I just called around the stores and they said it will be here on 8/5 or 8/6. I'm going to pick up a copy then and if you like we can play some PBEM when your copy comes in. Should give me a week or so to practice so I'll have that edge over you. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I would like that very much :) I'll contact you once I get the Euro version

John Pancoast -> (8/3/2003 2:27:22 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Arinvald
[B]I've only had time to print the manual and read it last night. Aside from the fact that printing that cover page for the manual about gave my little personal printer a coronary,:D I must say that the manual is a top notch job. I mean twenty pages of campaign notes, woohoo! I just had enough time to play around with the game a few moments last night before I crawled off to bed at 2 a.m., but the interface seems crisp and flawless. The amount of information that you have at you fingertips and the ease of access is breathtaking. Guess I'll do the lessons tonight for the buildup to a proper game for Sunday. Great job guys on what looks like the Gold Standard for computer wargames. [/B][/QUOTE]

What size(megwise) are these files ? One of my peeves with cd docs.........if you don't have a zip drive, impossible to take to a kinkos, etc.

Fallschirmjager -> (8/3/2003 2:40:30 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Pancoast
[B]What size(megwise) are these files ? One of my peeves with cd docs.........if you don't have a zip drive, impossible to take to a kinkos, etc. [/B][/QUOTE]

Take the CD

Or you can order the printed PDF from the matrix/kinkos e-doc store when it becomes avalible

John Pancoast -> (8/3/2003 4:34:32 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
[B]Take the CD

Or you can order the printed PDF from the matrix/kinkos e-doc store when it becomes avalible [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the info., definately going to buy the pdf from the site, didn't know about that.

Re taking a cd, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of the PzC games; can't take the cd, with only the original non-patched docs. in, when the info. is updated with each patch, and those files are in the game folder on the hard drive.

John

Nickel -> (8/3/2003 9:47:41 AM)

I printed the PDF. If you start at page 5- Contents and finish on page 48- last of Battle History. 44 pages, not too bad. Player guide comes with the game and basically covers the tutorials. :cool:

Fallschirmjager -> (8/3/2003 10:06:33 AM)

I got my UV PDF printed from kinkos

I was very impressed

High quality paper....a crush resistent spiral binding so it can lay flat (you have no idea how usefull that is until you are reading it on your desk) and a thick plastic dust jacket (which also guards against my numerous coffee and tea accidents)

John Pancoast -> (8/3/2003 10:32:40 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nickel
[B]I printed the PDF. If you start at page 5- Contents and finish on page 48- last of Battle History. 44 pages, not too bad. Player guide comes with the game and basically covers the tutorials. :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, not to bad until you print a couple of these, and then have to go buy a new cartridge for $30 :)

Seriously though, thanks for the info.

Marc von Martial -> (8/3/2003 10:35:43 AM)

[QUOTE] and then have to go buy a new cartridge for $30[/QUOTE]

Something I have to remind people very often about. "Buy refill kits!" not new cartridges ;). A refill kit can be obtained for less then 12$ and lets you refill the cartridge 3-4 times ;)

Nickel -> (8/3/2003 11:58:23 AM)

And if you don't like messing with the ink, which personally don't, there is a web outfit.

[URL]http://www.inkjetcartridge.com[/URL]

John Pancoast -> (8/3/2003 12:16:08 PM)

Thanks guys, some good info/ideas here that I didn't know about.

John

rajat -> Fry's again (8/4/2003 9:44:52 AM)

Fry's had this on stock this morning, so I've spent the day basically working through the provided Player's Guide. So far, this definitely feels like another really fun game...a keeper. BTW, what's better, buying it from a retail outlet or directly? Strictly from a selfish point of view, it's great I was able to get it today since I could spend Sunday playing it, instead of having to wait till next weekend. But, is it better, from a "supporting Matrix" point of view, to buy it directly from Matrix (as someone suggested in a Usenet newsgroup), or show support for such games through the retail level?

U2 -> Re: Fry's again (8/4/2003 2:11:37 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rajat
[B]

BTW, what's better, buying it from a retail outlet or directly? Strictly from a selfish point of view, it's great I was able to get it today since I could spend Sunday playing it, instead of having to wait till next weekend. But, is it better, from a "supporting Matrix" point of view, to buy it directly from Matrix (as someone suggested in a Usenet newsgroup), or show support for such games through the retail level? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes buying directly from Matrix means more money for them BUT getting these games to retail stores can only help wargaming grow. So I don't think you made such a bad choice after all. I am convinced these type of games MUST be in stores to insure old as well as newcomers to join us. We have to give Matrix some well earned credit for getting these type of games out there again

Paul Vebber -> (8/4/2003 8:48:43 PM)

ITs *MUCH* better for us if you order from us. Our presence at retail is in hopes of getting sales to those who don't frequent the internet (or are overseas where shipping can be prohibitive).

If you frequent these boards, live in the US (or have a cheap shipping alternative available) and are comfortable buying over the internet - please use our store. One internet sale = several retail sales at the bottom line!

Those that are not, well we would much rather have you buy the game any way you can, than not buy at all! ;)

Spaceman -> (8/5/2003 12:52:24 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by U2
[B]I would like that very much :) I'll contact you once I get the Euro version [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Mr U2 I will be getting my version about the same time too - I am also in Stockholm... Thought about persuading Tradition to stock it. Worth a try?

Also thinking about trying out to make Hube's Pocket (old The Gamers board wargame) as a custom scenario - since it happens just after Khorsun, so the mechanics should not be too far out ...

What do you think guys?

See you soon

Space§man

:cool:

mariovalleemtl -> ??? (8/5/2003 1:33:24 AM)

Paul;-"If you frequent these boards, live in the US (or have a cheap shipping alternative available) and are comfortable buying over the internet - please use our store. One internet sale = several retail sales at the bottom line!"

I will LOVE to buy it from you Paul but your shipping alternative cost almost 2X the price. UPS cost a fortune for custom free, etc.
I hope on day you could use regular or fast US mail for Canada.
I really don't know why you don't use that.
:confused: :(

I hope I will have this game soon.

mario

Belisarius -> (8/5/2003 1:42:10 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spaceman
[B]Hey Mr U2 I will be getting my version about the same time too - I am also in Stockholm... Thought about persuading Tradition to stock it. Worth a try?
[/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe. :p If there [I]is[/I] a retailer willing to stock it, it's probably Tradition even if they too are becoming too much mainstream for comfort. If they do, I hope they shelf it in Gothenburg too.

Paul Vebber -> (8/5/2003 1:52:29 AM)

[QUOTE]I hope on day you could use regular or fast US mail for Canada.[/QUOTE]

We are working on it as David posted above.

As David also said, shipping is the bane of our exisance. It seems simple, but let me tell you it is not...

Sonny -> (8/5/2003 2:14:02 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Vebber
[B]We are working on it as David posted above.

As David also said, shipping is the bane of our exisance. It seems simple, but let me tell you it is not... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, you and Mario are not that far apart - you could agree to meet somewhere in upstate NY and sell him the game in person.;) :D

U2 -> (8/5/2003 2:37:51 AM)

[B]Hey Mr U2 I will be getting my version about the same time too - I am also in Stockholm... Thought about persuading Tradition to stock it. Worth a try?

[/B][/QUOTE]

I know of two stores that will stock it...do you want their websites where you can find their addresses?

Huskalator -> (8/5/2003 6:28:22 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Vebber
[B]ITs *MUCH* better for us if you order from us. Our presence at retail is in hopes of getting sales to those who don't frequent the internet (or are overseas where shipping can be prohibitive).

If you frequent these boards, live in the US (or have a cheap shipping alternative available) and are comfortable buying over the internet - please use our store. One internet sale = several retail sales at the bottom line!

Those that are not, well we would much rather have you buy the game any way you can, than not buy at all! ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't realize this. While its not practical anymore(hits EB near me tomorrow) for me to buy KP from the Matrix store, I will do so in the future. Keep pumping out those great games guys and I'll keep forking over the cash! :)

Sonny -> (8/5/2003 7:22:11 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Deep Breakfast
[B]I didn't realize this. While its not practical anymore(hits EB near me tomorrow) for me to buy KP from the Matrix store, I will do so in the future. Keep pumping out those great games guys and I'll keep forking over the cash! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Me too. Wish I would have thought of it last week. But then again EB said it would be in last week. Oh well, WitP will be an online purchase.

Capitaine -> It has arrived. (8/5/2003 11:37:06 PM)

Ahhhh... Ms. FedEx showed up at my door a few minutes ago with a little present. Now I shall savor it. :cool: :p

Spaceman -> (8/6/2003 9:57:54 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by U2
[B]I know of two stores that will stock it...do you want their websites where you can find their addresses? [/B][/QUOTE]

YES PLEASE!:D

Space§man aka [email]alan@yurisnight.net[/email]

U2 -> (8/6/2003 10:14:46 PM)

[B]YES PLEASE!:D

Space§man aka [email]alan@yurisnight.net[/email] [/B][/QUOTE]

You've got mail:D

Voidhawk -> (8/7/2003 12:39:37 AM)

Argh, well... I have it but it's currently vying for time against Titans of Steel AND Armored Task Force. I'm like a little kid who's had a bit too much sugar lately.

I have the rest of the week off work, so I'm planning on playing the crap out of it tonight (and knowing me like I do, that probably means I'll be playing it well into tomorrow morning too).

Whoopee!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI