(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

Rob Gjessing -> (8/13/2003 4:48:01 PM)

Maybe we should start taking bets :)

Jacko -> (8/13/2003 4:53:35 PM)

Yes. And the winner can decide which battles will be covered by the next three games. Stalingrad, Normandy and Charkow 1942/43, in my case. :D

Vasquez -> (8/13/2003 6:40:59 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Henri
[B]Roger Keating has already leaked on a Wargamer AAR that the next game after Normandy will be Barbarossa. [/B][/QUOTE]

A full barbarossa campaign would be awesome :)

Matt Erickson -> (8/14/2003 4:38:02 AM)

The italian offensive in north africa in 1940 JUICY!:eek:

Nickel -> (8/14/2003 7:27:54 AM)

This may make for too large a game, but I vote for Stalingrad as long as it includes Operation Blue (42 Summer Offensive). The attacks from Voronezh in the north, Crossing the Don, the assault on Sevastopol/ Crimea and the march By Army Group B (von Paulus and Hoth) on Stalingrad plus the attack of Army Group A (List, Manstein & Kleist) towards the Caucasas would make for some incredible manuver warfare. Course operation Uranus by the Russians would need to be included to balance play for both sides IMO. I think that just the Battle of Stalingrad after Uranus had isolated it would be more of a set piece battle. Give me open terrain, the playground of armor. :D

Matt Erickson -> (8/14/2003 7:48:46 AM)

Actually the "winter storm" operation would be good, the tank battles of the 11pz an 6th an 17th an 23rd pz were great.

Jacko -> (8/14/2003 1:16:53 PM)

Winterstorm. Exactly. Few operations were so dramatic as this one and to change the outcome of it would be very, very interesting indeed.

bagpuss -> (8/16/2003 7:28:36 PM)

Normandy.......for me

Chaplain -> more, more, more (8/21/2003 1:40:37 AM)

The whole Stalingrad campaign, including Wintergewitter, would be an unparalleled wargaming experience - offensives on both sides, desperation, heroism, etc. Italy? Exciting at the beginning, then dull. France 1940? Intriguing, if you know the history - not a slam-dunk for the Germans. Same goes for my hopeless and forlorn hope - Case White (Poland).

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI