Everyone must be wargaming :) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

MrsWargamer -> Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/5/2020 11:40:32 AM)

Sure is quiet in here :)

So what game are you busy playing.

I'm currently binging on 72nd scale models, a lot of Airfix classics. Today it's an Opel Blitz and a PaK 40 anti-tank gun set.

Still not entirely sold on Vassal regardless of how convenient it is.
I still prefer to push physical pieces, much like I prefer to own physical books, hardcover if possible.
Sometimes digital is too much like 'self-love' acceptable, but not what you really wanted.

RFalvo69 -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/5/2020 11:46:10 AM)

Hearts of Iron III as France, at Very Hard difficulty level.

zakblood -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/5/2020 12:24:08 PM)

back on testing, if i'd mention what, I'd be shot,
but enjoying it all the same, so stay safe everyone
[sm=love0059.gif][sm=love0028.gif]

Alan Sharif -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/5/2020 1:13:56 PM)

I have been using my time to learn about the 20% of the Graviteam Tactics UI I still don't understand/never use.

rico21 -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/5/2020 1:35:23 PM)

Battle Brothers...[&o]
The PC game, not the political TV show.[:D]

Zovs -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/5/2020 4:50:12 PM)

TOAW IV, and play testing.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/5/2020 5:55:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

One more turn of Civ4 Beyond the Sword reinforced with Caveman2Cosmos mod.

waynenh57 -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/6/2020 12:04:53 AM)

Been doing ALOT of self love!

Lobster -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/6/2020 1:28:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: waynenh57

[sm=00000506.gif]

Shellshock -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/6/2020 11:06:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: waynenh57

Take it easy on the flora and fauna.

[image]local://upfiles/37092/0C2E042F48E54295A4FAC4B36507791F.jpg[/image]

Orm -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/6/2020 6:46:27 PM)

quote:

I currently play World in Flames, the Matrix version, and Bombing the Reich. Although I defend the Reich rather than bombing it.

Orm -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/6/2020 6:48:24 PM)

quote:

Sure is quiet in here :)

Been so tired lately that I haven't had either time nor energy to post. [:(]

Will_L -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/27/2020 1:01:46 AM)

So... umm Zak. What's what? [;)]
I've been playing a lot of baseball games lately.
OOTP 21 - Started a Mets historical team beginning in 1977 hoping to avoid the lean years that followed.
OOTP 21 Perfect Team - Running my three free to play teams in Silver & Gold promotion and relegation cycles LOL.
Pennant Chase - Running teams from the '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000's, 2010's and '70' to present. It's interesting but moves a bit slow, three games a day. www.pennantchase.com if anyone wants to check it out.
Civil War II, FOG-Empires & WITPAE get my wargaming time on the weekends.

prince_blucher -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/27/2020 11:07:47 AM)

WarPlan

pkpowers -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/27/2020 11:55:27 AM)

quote:

try Dave Kochs PC Action sports ; https://www.dksports.com/ ; I've played many sports games but these are the best sport sims available IMHO

Rising-Sun -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/27/2020 12:07:20 PM)

Not for me at this time, been hanging out in Wurm Online, to kick back and relax. Building my little place, etc.

Lobster -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/27/2020 1:18:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rising-Sun

Not for me at this time, been hanging out in Wurm Online, to kick back and relax. Building my little place, etc.

Try Empyrion. It's Wurm in space. I've had this one for years and it keeps getting better and better.

Will_L -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/28/2020 12:44:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pkpowers

quote:

try Dave Kochs PC Action sports ; https://www.dksports.com/ ; I've played many sports games but these are the best sport sims available IMHO

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look. [:)]

Rosseau -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/28/2020 8:41:47 AM)

Hey PK,

Glad you've found a baseball game you enjoy. Just my opinion, but I must have paid $5 for Baseball Mogul 2015 on Steam and it appears to be a cut above what I saw on the DK page for $40+. Complete "commissioner" mode editing options, real players from all eras, and like DK, not crazy complex like Out of the Park Baseball.

Might be a consideration if you're looking to add to your collection.

Thanks for the post!

Rosseau -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/28/2020 7:16:48 PM)

Okay, back OT:

Gary Grigsby's Eagle Strike Bombing the Reich...am I too old? Don't I have enough? Gosh help me, but it's on sale. Learn it, play it, do it. [X(]

Edmon -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/28/2020 10:38:15 PM)

You can always find out what I am playing by visiting my channel! :D.

www.youtube.com/TheEdmon

Currently, still FGII and BSG...

loki100 -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (11/28/2020 10:40:08 PM)

or writing stuff related to wargames .. that will probably be published in 2021 [;)]

Rosseau -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (12/1/2020 2:41:17 AM)

Listening to 3 Doors Down - When I'm Gone and Alice in Chains - Rooster. It breaks my heart that so many millennials have no idea of the sacrifice put down by those two generations.

Bought JTS Tour of Duty but can't play it comfortably. WW2 games I can do better because I never met the relatives who didn't make it.

Protonic2020 -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (12/1/2020 9:06:13 AM)

I´m sitting and scratching my head over GG´s War in the East. The trick seems to be to leave the units where they stand and the game does the rest. At least in the first scenario beginning it on easy difficulty setting.
Kind of heavy to get to know it with all of it´s info screens, but i hope i will in time get some understanding of what´s going on there eventually, the feeling of being a rookie is humiliating and confusing.

Rosseau -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (12/1/2020 5:18:31 PM)

Yes, WitE is pretty massive. Who am I to help anyone, but what I did from the night it was released was go into the editor, which is super-easy to use, and modify the starter scenarios. It allowed me to understand the game more, as well as scale back and turn some of those small battles into more interesting meeting engagements.

Also, the DLCs are worth it, as they contain several "doable" scenarios, and they are on sale right now, as you probably already know.

Best wishes!

Protonic2020 -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (12/1/2020 7:47:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

Yes, WitE is pretty massive. Who am I to help anyone, but what I did from the night it was released was go into the editor, which is super-easy to use, and modify the starter scenarios. It allowed me to understand the game more, as well as scale back and turn some of those small battles into more interesting meeting engagements.

Also, the DLCs are worth it, as they contain several "doable" scenarios, and they are on sale right now, as you probably already know.

Best wishes!

Well you gave me a reply, good enough just that. Thanks for the advice and cheers!

HeinzBaby -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (12/4/2020 8:49:14 AM)

Gone gangbusters with the Steam sales,

Avon Digital/SGS Afrika Korps,

IL-2 great battles: Hurricane Mk2 DLC.
IL-2 Great battles Tank Crew (Clash at Prokhorovka).

I feel like a Pig in S hite'

Protonic2020 -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (12/4/2020 10:33:43 AM)

I´m not wargaming so much as doing what i think is the least cumbersome to do. Sleep and look around, i have come to realize that it´s what requires less effort and energy.
Typing here is dangerously effortless as well and i better watch out so i don´t type too much. If theoretically it could be monitored and recorded who´s the laziest person in the world right now i would like to know how i measure up for the grand first place trophy, if there´s any prize to be had. Maybe a punishment instead is appropriate? I try to see things objectively.

I bought six new Matrixgames games + one DLC and now i sit here and type instead, they´re patched up and working though, nice.
Your turn to type. Good day!
(Don´t "make me" spam this forum like i have spammed YouTube, the flood of Biblical times comes to mind).
Edit: Of or from Biblical times? Both then or one of them.

[sm=00000055.gif][sm=tank2-39.gif] <--- who would win?
[sm=fighting0045.gif][sm=fighting0056.gif]

Warhorse -> RE: Everyone must be wargaming :) (12/4/2020 10:12:00 PM)

Modding and playing John tillers Squad Battles series.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI