[1.06.03] Crash on unit models + suggestions. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support

phyroks -> [1.06.03] Crash on unit models + suggestions. (12/1/2020 11:48:23 AM)

(crash) I started the game with anti tank unit design and when re designing unit it only asks for armor, after the mk2 was ready every time I go to model view and click on the antitank unit tab game crashes instantly(miss click hurts). I did not start the game with "High Velocity Guns" which is prob the reason for it? scenario build 1.05-beta13 #65.

Missing tech requirements under advanced chemistry for "Methane Synthesis" and "Water Atmospheric Recomp." Really like these minor improvement, makes things more clear! :)

Aircrafts frames seem to have base cost that is not mentioned during the design, making same size/engine/fuel/etc plane on the smaller design choice cheaper.

Crash report

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WindowsApplication1.SpecialWindowClass5.dostuff(Boolean crmAlreadySet) in G:\VR\VRDevelopment\WindowsApplication1\GUI\Windows\Se1_Windows\Se1_SpecialWindow5.vb:line 544
at WindowsApplication1.SpecialWindowClass5.HandleMouseClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 b) in G:\VR\VRDevelopment\WindowsApplication1\GUI\Windows\Se1_Windows\Se1_SpecialWindow5.vb:line 1967
at WindowsApplication1.ManagementScreenClass.HandleMouseClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 b) in G:\VR\VRDevelopment\WindowsApplication1\GUI\Screens\Se1_Screens\SE_ManagementScreenClass.vb:line 157
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Form1_Mousedown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in G:\VR\VRDevelopment\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb:line 1417
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at WindowsApplication1.ImmoveableForm.WndProc(Message& m) in G:\VR\VRDevelopment\WindowsApplication1\ImmoveableForm.vb:line 67
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Tech tree suggestions, most of these are in manual but its much more handy to have them in game too, they should only require some typing and steam release on the horizon these should help with the users who dont read manuals.

Its nice that the tech says "Mi" "Ec" etc to show who can research it, but it gets removed the moment you gain points in it (tech sharing treaties and techs with linear research being main issue). Could it be changed or atleast added to the description mentioning whos job it is?(clearly saying it, some have vague descriptions, some none)

Clearer info on what can use/benefit from tech, for excample "Beam Guns" should note that it cannot be installed into light or medium tanks(would be best to list all units that can use it)! Same with laser rifles (it can be used by riffle units, machine gunners and armored transports atleast).

Clearer info on tech descriptions! Robotization techs are really odd, currently it says it requires less manpower to operate and notes old building requirements like hydroponics leaving you bit unsure if this gives you a new building that is more effective or reduces manpower required to run factory (saving money and being able to have more in smaller city) BUT instead it increases output of all buildings of the *type*... and yeah that was not even close to the descriptions! Should have some sort text saying "increases *buildingtype* output".

Im not allowed to post images but here are some examples of what I mean.
tdrive.kapsi.fi/shadowempire/laser%20rifles.png
tdrive.kapsi.fi/shadowempire/fueltech.png

Destragon -> RE: [1.06.03] Crash on unit models + suggestions. (12/1/2020 12:21:08 PM)

Not starting with high velocity guns was fixed already.

Reppu -> RE: [1.06.03] Crash on unit models + suggestions. (12/1/2020 5:34:43 PM)

Game should get much better tooltips BEFORE steam release.
Or forums gets flooded with: "What this do" / "This doesn't work" / "Where, How, What, etc".
And lots of negative reviews.

Vic -> RE: [1.06.03] Crash on unit models + suggestions. (12/1/2020 6:07:44 PM)

Thanks for the feedback. Will see i I can improve the tech descriptions for v1.07.

Will try to catch and fix that crash as well. Which is at the moment higher priority.

Vic -> RE: [1.06.03] Crash on unit models + suggestions. (12/1/2020 6:12:32 PM)

If you have a save file from which i can see (a) the missing of choosing a new Gun for AT-Gun and (b) the crash in the Model Window.. please do send them to vic@vrdesigns.net

Would be much appreciated!

best,
Vic

Destragon -> RE: [1.06.03] Crash on unit models + suggestions. (12/1/2020 6:19:26 PM)

The crash is (most likely) related to a bug that you already fixed here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4913387
He said his scenario build is "1.05-beta13 #65", which is the same one that I had when I reported it there.

However, implementing a security measure to prevent the game from crashing when you somehow design a vehicle with a missing component wouldn't be a bad idea.

Vic -> RE: [1.06.03] Crash on unit models + suggestions. (12/1/2020 6:44:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Destragon

The crash is (most likely) related to a bug that you already fixed here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4913387
He said his scenario build is "1.05-beta13 #65", which is the same one that I had when I reported it there.

However, implementing a security measure to prevent the game from crashing when you somehow design a vehicle with a missing component wouldn't be a bad idea.

Heh. Sometimes i forget about all the different versions out there.

Thanks for reminding me. And your right. This one should be considered fixed.

Best wishes,
Vic

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI