SPWaW v6.1 Released! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

David Heath -> SPWaW v6.1 Released! (7/9/2001 6:59:00 AM)

Now some out of touch people would say we release to many patches and should wait months to give you an update. We say the hell with that! When we find a bug you report we will try to fix it as fast as possible and give you an update. Matrix feels there is never a good reason to make you wait if it can be avoided. Here is what we changed in this version 6.1 Internet Play has been fixed. "Reduced Ammo" will not work in online play. Emplacements (HQ tents & Command posts) now help with reducing suppression. Entrenched troops can now be within 6 hexes of emplacements and receive help reducing suppression and rally. Lowered Russian chance of fanatically defending Flamethrower accuracy improved As is the Matrix Games way let us know what you think about v6.1 Remember here your voice counts! [ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: David Heath ]

BigDuke66 -> (7/9/2001 7:23:00 AM)

Maybe it's my bad englisch but what did you want to say with this Sentence: "Entrenched troops can now within 6 hexes of emplacements." [ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: BigDuke66 ]

Fenrir -> (7/9/2001 7:30:00 AM)

Hi BigDuke! This is from the News page: "Entrenched troops can now be within 6 hexes of emplacements and receive help reducing suppression and rally." To David Heath: Thanks, this just incredible! I've been playing this game for only about two months, but I've already received more patches than other games will see in their entire life-times. Thanks to the whole Matrix-Team for this dedication! Folkert

sinner -> (7/9/2001 7:40:00 AM)

Go Matrix! Being a Linux fan, I support the "release soon, release often" concept. I firmly believe that is the best way to get the best product out there. Thaks, guys! Salut,

Alby -> (7/9/2001 7:46:00 AM)

Great and once again thanks! Just curious, why no more reduced ammo for online play?

Paul Vebber -> (7/9/2001 7:54:00 AM)

Our english is bad sometimes with as much sleep as we get. What was meant was: Emplacements (HQ tents and COmmand posts) now help with reducing suppression of entrenched troops up to 6 hexes away. Entrenched or "in cover" units now have to fail a morale check to retreat (since they are already in a "safe" area they have to be really shook to leave) The next OOB release will have formations with "Fortified areas" that will have a command post and a few fortifications. For those who want to monkey with this new feature, if you amke a unit with cllass 68 "emplacement" and give it a survivability greter than 1, it will have this "special ability". If you want an emplacement that is just "for decoration" then give it survivability = 0. LIke ammo dumps, emplacements explode in a spectactular fashion and will turn victory hexes in the same hex permanantly neutral. I've played several online games using 6.1 and while some latency problems exist, it seems more stable than past versions. THe "movement save bug" in the MC is a real devil to try to fix so for now, the MCs will have to be saved at the end or start of a turn and not in the middle. We realize that can be a hassle sometimes, but we just can't devote teh time to fix it and retest it (the fix would likely take several iterations and produce several other bugs). It will get fixed eventually, but barring catastrophe we will not be doing another exe patch this year to SP:WaW. For those waiting for it to be "done" its as done as it will get for awhile and this version will appear on the Lost Victories MC. [ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

Paul Vebber -> (7/9/2001 8:02:00 AM)

Reduced ammo was causing the recent state of wepons goofups and we think may have been responsible for some of teh other "weirdness" in online play.

Supervisor -> (7/9/2001 8:04:00 AM)

:) Great job Matrix, keep up the great work, any progress on the unlimited movement bug in the Mega Campaign???

Alby -> (7/9/2001 8:13:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Reduced ammo was causing the recent state of wepons goofups and we think may have been responsible for some of teh other "weirdness" in online play.
Ok good, i never used it anyway, just was curious, thanks again

Huffy -> (7/9/2001 8:18:00 AM)

Thank you for all the efort and time to fix-update the game to the latest version. Your efforts are not overlooked... Take care.... Huffy

Paul Vebber -> (7/9/2001 9:31:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by gmenfan: :) Great job Matrix, keep up the great work, any progress on the unlimited movement bug in the Mega Campaign???
I mentioned that in my post...can't be fixed right now...you just have to save at the end of a turn.

TotenkopfZZ -> (7/9/2001 10:01:00 AM)

Great job on the fast updates. WIll this do anything to my modified OoB files? Also, what is the default setting for OP fire frequency? 100%? Thanks!

Supervisor -> (7/9/2001 10:06:00 AM)

Sorry Paul, I missed that one. :(

Paul Vebber -> (7/9/2001 10:46:00 AM)

Nope - no OOBs in this - THe OOB team is working on corections for a 6.1 OOB set, but it will be a few more weeks. They will likely come out with the Lost Victories Mega-Campaign.

Soma -> (7/9/2001 7:32:00 PM)

Where can I get those new OOB's ? Are they only delivered with the Maga-Campaigns or can I download it in the Matrixgames download area ? Sorry for that stupid question, but I've read in several older threads about new OOB's and fanmade OOB's, but never saw one (sounds like the good ol' bigfoot) :) Martin. BTW: I last played the Maleme scenario with SPWAW 6.0 and have to say, that it was a dramatically change of play for me. I'm not a grognard or a WWII game data buff, but this was the first time that I had the feeling, that this game plays like it should ! Absolutely great !!!!

Panzer Leo -> (7/9/2001 8:40:00 PM)

That's it !!! I downloaded it, I played it and...I love it :D :D :D This is the most realistic battle routine a wargame has ever had... Thank's for the morale check for entrenched/ in cover units and the local HQs - great ideas, work perfect. If you're telling me, this is the version I have to play the rest of my life, it's fine with me - no wishes left... Great job, Matrix

Larry Holt -> (7/9/2001 10:42:00 PM)

Sorry, perhaps my eyesight is bad. I went to the download products and I see the 5 to 6.0 patch but no patch for 6.1. Where can I find the 6.1 patch? Thanks!

SAMWolf -> (7/9/2001 10:44:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Holt: Sorry, perhaps my eyesight is bad. I went to the download products and I see the 5 to 6.0 patch but no patch for 6.1. Where can I find the 6.1 patch? Thanks!
The 5.0 to 6.1 patch is the one you want it's for patching any version from 5.0+.

Supervisor -> (7/9/2001 10:51:00 PM)

Actually you should upgrade to ver 5.2 first before you go to 6.1. There were other files replaced up to ver 5.2, after that only the mech.exe is replaced. Great news the 6.1 patch also deletes the steel.prf file automatically for us as to remove any conflicts, this according to Paul V.

Larry Holt -> (7/9/2001 10:57:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by SAMWolf: The 5.0 to 6.1 patch is the one you want it's for patching any version from 5.0+.
Sorry but I'm looking at http://www.matrixgames.com/Games/Development/SP-WorldAtWar/downloads.asp and I don't see any 6.1 patch. I don't see the 5.0 to 6.1 that you mention. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Belisarius -> (7/9/2001 11:00:00 PM)

This is so weird. The last three upgrades, I have NOT been able to dowload from Matrix Games - my IE browser shuts down every time. Thought it was a temporary thing, but it's the same for different files and for a few weeks now. :confused: Fortunately, I can easily DL from Fabio's excellent The Armor Site. Thanx!! :D

SAMWolf -> (7/9/2001 11:39:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Holt: Sorry but I'm looking at http://www.matrixgames.com/Games/Development/SP-WorldAtWar/downloads.asp and I don't see any 6.1 patch. I don't see the 5.0 to 6.1 that you mention. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Sorry The upgrade is from 5.2+ not 5.0+. Try this : http://www.matrixgames.com/Games/worldatwar/downloads.asp [ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: SAMWolf ]

Larry Holt -> (7/9/2001 11:46:00 PM)

Got it a the Armor page. Thanks!

Bing -> (7/9/2001 11:52:00 PM)

Larry - You beat me to the draw by less than a minute. I was just about to post the URL for Fabio's Armor Site, that's where I always d/l the patches ... scenarios and new OOB's and utilities, too. Great site - I think we are very lucky to have fellows like Fabio and Tankhead. Lets hear it for the treadheads! Actually, you guys are almost normal compared to the flight sim guys I used to hang with. We had guys complaining about Flanker because they couldn't shoot up the enemy pilots who had ejected and were floating to ground in their 'chutes. Bing

Warrior -> (7/10/2001 1:13:00 AM)

v6.1 is performing flawlessly so far in Solitaire and PBEM, including tests of scenarios designed under earlier versions. :)

Norm -> (7/10/2001 4:19:00 AM)

Haven't even played 5.2 to it's fullest and here is 6.1... I must say Matrix really goes a long way to provide help. Not only game wise, but also in the forums and helpdesk. :) Online playing is the most important feature IMHO and I was a bit frustrated that it was more or less broken in 5.1 and 5.2 but here, shortly before I got around to repost the bugs I found, is already a patch. Time to fire up the old 56kbps and have some fun. Thanks, Norm

Nikademus -> (7/10/2001 4:24:00 AM)

oooooO!!!!! another round of feet kissing! You guys rock. I'm already having a blast with 6.0 Love the new infantry rules.

Greg McCarty -> (7/10/2001 6:06:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Nikademus: oooooO!!!!! another round of feet kissing! You guys rock. I'm already having a blast with 6.0 Love the new infantry rules.
--------------------------------------------- :) Couldn't agree more! Lord, I just bolted together a new scenario, now I must see if it will need behavior modification as a result of this new patch. Of course, these are the kind of problems I greet with enthusiasm. Hooray for MATRIX!

Rhodan -> (7/10/2001 6:27:00 AM)

I am a bit short on time at the moment so forgive me if this is mentioned elsewhere, but did anyone already notice that paratroopers which are dropped in -3 water, stay up and float ( instead of being drowned by their chute) ...not only that, they put up a massive fight too! I am inclined to believe that -3 water is giving big defensive bonuses?

Fabio Prado -> (7/10/2001 9:56:00 AM)

quote:

This is so weird. The last three upgrades, I have NOT been able to dowload from Matrix Games - my IE browser shuts down every time. Thought it was a temporary thing, but it's the same for different files and for a few weeks now. Fortunately, I can easily DL from Fabio's excellent The Armor Site. Thanx!!
quote:

Larry - You beat me to the draw by less than a minute. I was just about to post the URL for Fabio's Armor Site, that's where I always d/l the patches ... scenarios and new OOB's and utilities, too. Great site - I think we are very lucky to have fellows like Fabio and Tankhead.
Thanks, Belisarius and Bing! We (Tankhead and I) really appreciate it! Thank you all for your support! :D :D :D Fab

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI