(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Jasper -> (7/10/2001 8:34:00 PM)

Great another patch..... So sad, my hand is still very tired with the following steps, "Spacebar on the unit, press H, Esc key, Spacebar, click on main gun, Esc key" The procedure to switch the main gun on and off.... :(

Rover -> (7/10/2001 9:32:00 PM)

Awesome! Can't get enough of this good stuff... I always like what I have and then more comes along and it gets even better (I mean this in the best way possible). Nothing major to report (I haven't moved to 6.1 but assume these will still be present there) but have some minor items on my mind. Am playing a generated WWII campaign as Germany with 6.0 and have seen the following- 1) I can target 50MM mortars but when I try to adjust them I'm told I can't move them out of range. Interesting thing is I can't adjust to any of the six hexes next to it which are all in the stated range of the unit. 2) Limited ammo seems to only apply to the first turn the unit is created. After that first turn the unit always get a full loadout. This happens both in the first scenario of the campaign as well as when units are upgraded. 3) I know the generated campaign logic has not been the general focus and some good changes have been made recently but I'm still noticing some odd deployment strategies. Specifically I recently played a game against the Polish where all AT and machineguns were set up on the back row. Made for a very interesting "defense in depth". Anyway, as always, thanks for listening. R

Alby -> (7/10/2001 10:05:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Rover: Awesome! Can't get enough of this good stuff... I always like what I have and then more comes along and it gets even better (I mean this in the best way possible). Nothing major to report (I haven't moved to 6.1 but assume these will still be present there) but have some minor items on my mind. Am playing a generated WWII campaign as Germany with 6.0 and have seen the following- 1) I can target 50MM mortars but when I try to adjust them I'm told I can't move them out of range. Interesting thing is I can't adjust to any of the six hexes next to it which are all in the stated range of the unit. 2) Limited ammo seems to only apply to the first turn the unit is created. After that first turn the unit always get a full loadout. This happens both in the first scenario of the campaign as well as when units are upgraded. 3) I know the generated campaign logic has not been the general focus and some good changes have been made recently but I'm still noticing some odd deployment strategies. Specifically I recently played a game against the Polish where all AT and machineguns were set up on the back row. Made for a very interesting "defense in depth". Anyway, as always, thanks for listening. R
Lt mortars can only be shifted by their company command unit, unless you buy them seperately. Limited Ammo means you have to resupply them, they start out full. "reduced" ammo is what your looking for I think

Rover -> (7/11/2001 1:52:00 AM)

Alby... RTFM... got it and thanks! :->

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI