Slitherine poll (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Freyr Oakenshield -> Slitherine poll (1/13/2021 8:34:30 PM)

For those of you who aren't following social media, there is a Slitherine poll here:

https://twitter.com/SlitherineGames/status/1349372663467274241

[:'(]Why not log in and vote?[;)]

DD696 -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/13/2021 8:44:41 PM)

Why not? Because it is on twitter and I would not waste my time with twits.

Freyr Oakenshield -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/13/2021 9:37:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DD696

You wasted time writing this post, so...

RangerJoe -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/13/2021 9:52:54 PM)

quote:

+1

Zap -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/13/2021 11:54:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

+1

+1

rico21 -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 2:55:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

quote:

quote:

+1

+1

+1

rico21 -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 2:56:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield

quote:

You wasted time writing this post, so...

-1[:-]

z1812z -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 4:26:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rico21

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

+1

+1

+1

Freyr Oakenshield -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 5:50:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812z

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

+1

+1

+1

-4[:-] Let's not pretend you are "time-efficient," no-nonsense people...

rustysi -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 6:38:11 AM)

As far as I'm concerned there's nothing 'social' about social media. Never been on it, never will. Twitter is for twits.[:D]

Lobster -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 11:08:44 AM)

Having to sign up to Twitter to vote on what games you would like to see developed isn't very sporting. Not at all. [:-]

RangerJoe -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 12:11:43 PM)

If you want to see a game developed, start a Thread!

Lobster -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 2:29:38 PM)

I guess if Slitherine/Matrix really wanted our opinions they would start a thread instead of going the twitter route.

Edmon -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 2:39:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

I guess if Slitherine/Matrix really wanted our opinions they would start a thread instead of going the twitter route.

These polls are actually very useful, since they are easy to create and easy for most people to take part in. Plus they are somewhat difficult to cheat with bot accounts.

As a long time gamer myself, I am honestly not a fan of twitter... or facebook... but I have come to realise that you are basically isolated from a lot of people if you lack them.

Plus IRC is long dead, IM programs have fallen out of fashion... which leaves discord which no-one ever seems to talk on ever.

Karri -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 3:12:59 PM)

I, for one, only communicate via messenger pigeons. Everything else is modern humbugh.

Lobster -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 3:20:03 PM)

Unfortunately it requires yet another registration/user name/password. I have more than enough and have no desire to acquire more of them. Not to mention that recent people of note have given twitter a black eye. So whether or not a poll on twitter would be useful or accurate is arguable since it would only account for a certain set of people.

That's just my opinion and I may or may not be correct. [;)]

Lobster -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 3:21:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

I, for one, only communicate via messenger pigeons. Everything else is modern humbugh.

Ah, that explains the pigeon from North America found in Australia. People are using them to communicate. Pigeons coo instead of tweeting so it fits. [;)]

MrsWargamer -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 3:43:54 PM)

Character limit. I won't use a service that tells me I have to comment within a VERY finite span of characters.

I am no fan of Zucker, but at least his FB works. I can make a group, I can make a page (I have one, it's all about an imaginary town north of here where all my Barbies live, no really, it's true :) ). I can share photos, videos. All the usual nonsense. I can chat with close friends and family. I'm easier to reach on FB than I am on my cell phone (it's usually not on, isn't as I type this). I can keep up on my favourite romance novel authors. I don't care what FB knows about me, heck I posted a pick of myself here sitting in a nice red dress showing off my legs :) I'm not really all that shy.

This forum is the ONLY place not on FB or YT I go to for opinions and chatting. And while not being able to discuss non game content lacks spice, it's logical. If Slitherine Group needs to ask a group of gamers a question about gaming, and they don't ask it here, well, that's sure confusing if you ask me. WE are your market after all. We are the hardcore clients.

I don't use cellphone based apps, at all. My phone is JUST a phone.
I play games on a PC. I even use my PC for my android games. Bluestacks isn't perfect, but playing a game on a cellphone is just a good way to wreck your eyes. The only time I'm not playing games on a PC, is when I'm playing them on a table :)

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 4:22:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

I am no fan of Zucker, but at least his FB works.

Zuckerberg is Facebook. Zucker is CNN.

MrRoadrunner -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 4:43:35 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

+1

+1

+1

-4[:-] Let's not pretend you are "time-efficient," no-nonsense people...

So angry?

Is it because you waste your time both with posts and twits? Which may be twice the time of the others? [8|]

+100

RR

rico21 -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 4:43:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

Character limit. I won't use a service that tells me I have to comment within a VERY finite span of characters.

I am no fan of Zucker, but at least his FB works. I can make a group, I can make a page (I have one, it's all about an imaginary town north of here where all my Barbies live, no really, it's true :) ). I can share photos, videos. All the usual nonsense. I can chat with close friends and family. I'm easier to reach on FB than I am on my cell phone (it's usually not on, isn't as I type this). I can keep up on my favourite romance novel authors. I don't care what FB knows about me, heck I posted a pick of myself here sitting in a nice red dress showing off my legs :) I'm not really all that shy.

This forum is the ONLY place not on FB or YT I go to for opinions and chatting. And while not being able to discuss non game content lacks spice, it's logical. If Slitherine Group needs to ask a group of gamers a question about gaming, and they don't ask it here, well, that's sure confusing if you ask me. WE are your market after all. We are the hardcore clients.

I don't use cellphone based apps, at all. My phone is JUST a phone.
I play games on a PC. I even use my PC for my android games. Bluestacks isn't perfect, but playing a game on a cellphone is just a good way to wreck your eyes. The only time I'm not playing games on a PC, is when I'm playing them on a table :)

The proof that this forum is better than Facebook, Twitter and Blablatruc is that you are always there with us, for our greatest pleasure.[8D]

Freyr Oakenshield -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 4:52:35 PM)

Kids...

Who urges you to sign into Twitter for God's sake?

This is a reminder for people who already have accounts but don't follow daily twits...

rico21 -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 6:41:19 PM)

Donald...[:D]

sanch -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 6:56:18 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

Lobster -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 8:06:31 PM)

quote:

Kids...

Slitherine/Matrix if we want them to know what we would like them to develop. [;)]

RangerJoe -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 9:05:49 PM)

quote:

Kids...

This is a reminder for people who already have accounts but don't follow daily twits...

Are you calling us baby goats? [:-]

You are the one who posted this:

quote:

For those of you who aren't following social media, there is a Slitherine poll here:

https://twitter.com/SlitherineGames/status/1349372663467274241

Why not log in and vote?

MrRoadrunner -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 9:48:14 PM)

quote:

Kids...

I know one twit I'm not following. [;)]

RR

76mm -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 10:10:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edmon
As a long time gamer myself, I am honestly not a fan of twitter... or facebook... but I have come to realise that you are basically isolated from a lot of people if you lack them.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing?

On most forums that I'm on, it is trivially easy for any user to create a poll. On the twitter poll, there is a weird selection of time periods, I couldn't really tell what they were talking about...they should be more specific ("Napoleonic", "Pike & Musket", WWII, WWI, etc.). Between not using twitter and not knowing what they were even asking about, I declined to take part...

UP844 -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 10:48:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanch

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

Neilster -> RE: Slitherine poll (1/14/2021 10:58:23 PM)

Twitter's OK. You just pick who you follow carefully. The live tweets from WW2 things are fun and it's interesting to see the entire war on a day by day basis.

I follow space developments very closely and it's very handy to see what expert commentators are tweeting and for not missing anything.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI