RE: Another March to the East (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports

carlkay58 -> RE: Another March to the East (6/5/2021 11:20:04 AM)

That is actually quite common with the AI unfortunately. I know they have been trying to improve its handling of troop assignments but it seems to be hard to do with the 'teleport' function.

warspite1 -> RE: Another March to the East (6/13/2021 5:13:28 AM)

Hi carlkay58. The picture below is from your post 63. I'm not getting the rail repair malarchy for some reason.

Can you explain what you've done here and why? It looks like you have rail repair units of differing sizes attached to 16th and 18th Army. Any commentary on this would be most welcome. Thanks.

[image]local://upfiles/28156/90F8C3E776BC4E3BAE949EE21B002F76.jpg[/image]

loki100 -> RE: Another March to the East (6/13/2021 9:53:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Hi carlkay58. The picture below is from your post 63. I'm not getting the rail repair malarchy for some reason.

Can you explain what you've done here and why? It looks like you have rail repair units of differing sizes attached to 16th and 18th Army. Any commentary on this would be most welcome. Thanks.
....]

I don't think the unit at the top is a rail repair unit, it looks like a normal construction formation to me (just going off the notional size)

broadly there are two strategies to using the auto-repair formations in the early game.

If you assign them to a corps HQ, they can only repair up to 5 hexes from that HQ, while this is clearly a constraint its a good one. As you'll have seen you get a patch work in the Baltic of repaired and broken rail hexes and these can do a decent job on patching them together.

So a lot of players keep a couple in the AGS sector and start with most of them in the Baltic.

Their range relates to the type of HQ, so an army can send them out over 15, an army group over 45 (if I recall). Over time I tend to push them up the command scale as they then create useful secondary branches - here its a case of setting things up for 1942 when a fairly full rail network is useful rather than the W-E layout that is typical in 1941

Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI