How do I take a screen shot that will fit under the 200kb max for this forum? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support

Rednettle -> How do I take a screen shot that will fit under the 200kb max for this forum? (8/14/2021 11:14:42 PM)

I press Ctrl-C for the screen shot and then copy and paste the image into paint which puts them in the 1mb range. Cutting out everything unnecessary from the picture helps as does saving them as .gif files, but I am still unable to get the images down under 200kb. I see people post much large pictures without problems. What can I do to fix this? Or will I have to use links from a picture hosting website?

zgrssd -> RE: How do I take a screen shot that will fit under the 200kb max for this forum? (8/14/2021 11:18:25 PM)

I use the Windows Snipping tool for it.

Note that Paint does not have a particulary good .gif or .jpg compression. In fact, it will increase the size of any file made by the snipping tool.
A proper graphics programm like GIMP will give you much better results in jpg compression, while still keeping it readable.

Overall the filesize limits and filetypes are a issue with this subforum.

Felius -> RE: How do I take a screen shot that will fit under the 200kb max for this forum? (8/15/2021 12:03:47 AM)

For reference: Win+Shift+S brings up the snipping tool overlay, at least in Win10.

Rednettle -> RE: How do I take a screen shot that will fit under the 200kb max for this forum? (8/15/2021 12:31:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

I use the Windows Snipping tool for it.

Note that Paint does not have a particulary good .gif or .jpg compression. In fact, it will increase the size of any file made by the snipping tool.
A proper graphics programm like GIMP will give you much better results in jpg compression, while still keeping it readable.

Overall the filesize limits and filetypes are a issue with this subforum.

Alright I'll give it a try, thank you.

Rednettle -> RE: How do I take a screen shot that will fit under the 200kb max for this forum? (8/15/2021 12:32:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felius

For reference: Win+Shift+S brings up the snipping tool overlay, at least in Win10.

Great, thank you.

phyroks -> RE: How do I take a screen shot that will fit under the 200kb max for this forum? (8/23/2021 6:04:31 PM)

I save it on grayscale to bring down the size to fit the forum size, or just upload somewhere else as full picture and link it.

Elver -> RE: How do I take a screen shot that will fit under the 200kb max for this forum? (8/23/2021 8:59:30 PM)

Greyscale is a smart idea I hadn't thought of. You can also crop out a lot of the screenshot in many cases, scale the size down to 60-80%, and save at a lower .jpg resolution - it doesn't need to be pretty or unpixelated, just to clearly communicate what's going wrong.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI