RE: No Strat Bombing in China (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Yaab -> RE: No Strat Bombing in China (11/12/2021 7:33:06 AM)

Anyway, it gives a totally new meaning to Fort Drum, doesn't it?

Chickenboy -> RE: No Strat Bombing in China (11/16/2021 3:59:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JorMallester

As a noobie, I am just curious about this ruling for PBEM games.

Does it mean both sides are not allowed to fly Airfield Attack, Ground Attack, City Attack, Port Attack, Sweeps etc. or is it linked to just specific missions types? I'd imagine sweeps are not included but I don't know.

I just want to be sure about this rule if I ever agree to it down the line.

When I think of Strat Bombing I picture those big four engine / two engine bombers flying at significant altitudes.

It may sound like a silly question, but I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you for your time!

Hi JorMallester,

Welcome aboard.

Most of my PBEM games have used this HR against strat bombing in China. My take on this (as an exclusively IJ PBEM player) is that it provides the Allies a modicum of supply in China and enables them to hold China longer than otherwise would be possible versus a concerted Japanese push there.

Without this HR in place, the Japanese burn out (through city attack) all the Heavy Industry and Light Industry targets in and around Chungking early in the war. This reduces 'supply' and helps starve out the Chungking (and neighboring) garrisons and makes capturing the Capital city a more manageable investment.

My take on this is that it is a help to the Allies to keep China in play longer than it would be without the (admittedly modest) HI and LI centers in China.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI