RE: Altitude effect for CAP... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

mariovalleemtl -> RE: Altitude effect for CAP... (2/17/2004 5:04:53 AM)

I am sorry Oleg to see that you don't agree with the fact of dices bringing F.O.W. in wargaming. Black box major problem is the difficuty to improuved the data base because only the designers could change anythink. Tables in this games are very complex. X planes attack Y planes at Z altitude in this waether, that fatigue, etc. All that with a touch of luck. Because you know, when a CA fire at a other CA at max range, the chance to get a hit are very low. This is what the ''dices'' (or %) are for.

I like games where I could change tables when I dont agree with the desision of the designers. It is not a question here of controling everythink. With good tables, the F.O.W. and the luck do the rest. Voila.

mario

SouthernAP -> RE: Altitude effect for CAP... (2/17/2004 5:24:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mario Vallée

I like games where I could change tables when I dont agree with the desision of the designers. It is not a question here of controling everythink. With good tables, the F.O.W. and the luck do the rest. Voila.

mario

[:-]

If my faulty memory serves me right there is a famous quote about the way the Japanese wargamed the Midway operation and how the umpires ruled out luck on behalf of the opposing side and this allowed the Japanese side to win the game. The umpires did this to appease thier senior commanders. Historically the changes made during the game actually occured during the real life battle.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI