Mud road values (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

generalrichmond -> Mud road values (12/5/2001 3:00:00 AM)

Thought there would have been posts for this under 'mud roads', but no.. So what IS the value of a mud road as far as movement? Let's say it's a Tiger. Mud hex is 4 MPs for tracked, and a road is 1 MP. Is it 1, 4, or 2 (half increase)? Also, does it retain the breakdown factor of a regular mud hex or is it the value of a road hex? Or split the difference?

john g -> (12/5/2001 3:26:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by General Richmond:
Thought there would have been posts for this under 'mud roads', but no.. So what IS the value of a mud road as far as movement? Let's say it's a Tiger. Mud hex is 4 MPs for tracked, and a road is 1 MP. Is it 1, 4, or 2 (half increase)? Also, does it retain the breakdown factor of a regular mud hex or is it the value of a road hex? Or split the difference?
I just checked the Hurting in the Hurtgen campaign, the only place I can remember mud roads. There the movement is 2 per hex for tracked. I don't recall having any tanks breakdown on it so I would guess it is road breakdown not mud breakdown.
thanks, John.

skukko -> (12/5/2001 3:04:00 PM)

In 6th release breakdown and movement penalties were tuned up for mud,rough and swamp. Penalties are so high now that AI seeks better path outside of the 'muddy road'. But I don't know formula how these are counted. and if you haven't seen muddy roads and terrains then you haven't seen east front mosh

RockinHarry -> (12/7/2001 1:39:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by General Richmond:
As roads negate all underlying terrain, 1 MP for the Road is used and mud is negated. Same with "breakdown", ...road counts! If JohnG noticed 2 MP, then probably an additional "weather" modifier (+1) has been used. Hit "I" key for terrain effects screen. If you want "real" mud roads, then either completely leave away the roads, or place a trail ontop the mud instead. This way still 1 MP will be consumed, but the breakdown chance for mud will be used! (..also the AI likes to use this) BTW: You can create this kind of mud roads easily with ectizens "inferior roads" tool or with SDQ, too. To be found here: http://www.ectopia.net/~ectizen/ ___________
Harry

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI