To All Those Waiting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

David Heath -> To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 5:11:51 AM)

Hi Guys

We know you are all waiting for the game to become available in our stores. We are hoping to get this up very soon but we are at the mercy of DR to get everything setup and tested. Remember its being setup on servers around the world so everyone can get it at the same time. I am not going to give a date until I am sure it will be up there and ready for you but we are working on it to get it done sooner then later. Most of our digital downloads will not be stated as release until it is available on our stores. Origins made this special release hence a special case. As always your support is very important to us and not taken for granted. Its one of the main reasons we work so hard for you when we release a game and not just throw it out there. This is going to be a big year for Matrix and we want it to be a big year for our fans as well.

Once again thank you for your support and we promise to do our best to make it worth the wait.

David

mariovalleemtl -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 5:13:59 AM)

Thank David.

mario

yamaslob -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 5:14:42 AM)

Can you take a look at my digital Download thread just below...thanks

KG_laugi -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 5:16:18 AM)

WE know you guys are working hard on it, and thanks you for that. anyway sooner will be better then later[:D]

jnier -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 5:26:17 AM)

Many thanks David for the hard work. Take your time - we can wait a little longer.

Jason

brisd -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 5:27:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

Hi Guys

We know you are all waiting for the game to become available in our stores. We are hoping to get this up very soon but we are at the mercy of DR to get everything setup and tested. Remember its being setup on servers around the world so everyone can get it at the same time. I am not going to give a date until I am sure it will be up there and ready for you but we are working on it to get it done sooner then later. Most of our digital downloads will not be stated as release until it is available on our stores. Origins made this special release hence a special case. As always your support is very important to us and not taken for granted. Its one of the main reasons we work so hard for you when we release a game and not just throw it out there. This is going to be a big year for Matrix and we want it to be a big year for our fans as well.

Once again thank you for your support and we promise to do our best to make it worth the wait.

David

Thanks David for the update. Nothing you said previously gave me any reason to believe you guys were not working hard to get this out as soon as practicable. Hopefully some of the forum users will read your words above and take note. Thanks again for all the hard work!!!

ggallagher -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 5:36:24 AM)

FWIW, the passionate behavior evidenced by all of us customers is manifest proof of both our interest in this particular (and long awaited) title, as well as our high expectations of service from Matrix, that is largely based on past experience.

You guys are not perfect....no one is....but your dedication to the notion of quality, independently produced wargames is embraced by a lot of us old grogs....

Keep up the good fight, guys.....and if we have to wait another day or two, so be it.....

(Confession: I would love to have it in my hands by sometime Friday so that I can both print out the manual at work and have the luxury of a 3 day weekend to bask in the glory that is WitP)

Gregg
[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]

Gyrene -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 5:36:56 AM)

Thanks much for the update David! You guys are the most dedicated staff I've ever seen!

GameTester -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 6:15:59 AM)

Thanks David.

stretch -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 6:30:40 AM)

Ditto all of the above. However, as a licensed pessimist I am obligated to observe that this post by David probably means that the hoped for noon Thursday appearance of the DD is not going to happen. Sounds like Friday. Still after all this time, another day is nothing.

kaleun -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 6:31:32 AM)

yeah sounds like that[:(][>:]

Arnir -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 6:36:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stretch

Ditto all of the above. However, as a licensed pessimist I am obligated to observe that this post by David probably means that the hoped for noon Thursday appearance of the DD is not going to happen. Sounds like Friday. Still after all this time, another day is nothing.

I thought that too, but didn't want to be the first to say it.

However, it will be out when it is out. Nothing much I can do about it.

Platoonist -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 6:48:21 AM)

They say a watched pot never comes to a boil....I can wait a little longer.

Wouldn't wanna end up like this poor chap....

[img]http://ruhkarv.homestead.com/files/RS.jpg[/img]

GameTester -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 6:49:39 AM)

Back to reading tea leaves again, I guess... [:(]

freeboy -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:08:51 AM)

Ok..
I appreciate DH.. and Matrix's committment to excellent games.
That being said I am not happy the above info wasn't given out last week. I am not happy with this level of communication.. as we where not until today given any info other than "after Origins".

I know it can be hard to make predictions, not wanting to disappoint. I also realize you want it right the first time... and that DR is a separate company.

I would do several things to improve the process.

A.. Communicate by having a posted checklist of action items and accomplishments needed for release..

B. Keep Things simple... ex:"it will/should be available on this date."

C. Know the time it takes to do your tasks, and set these tasks up to run concurrently.
as example if sound issues delayed witp.. these could have been worked well before the tester and developers signed off on the myriad of other details.

the next opinion is not in the same catagory, more of a personal rather than business opinion
I feel that releasing wipt ONLY at Origins and not to the gaming public, is outrageuos. When Matrix choose to not take the extra time to stamp more copies and start shipping out this week at least, how else are customers to feel but unapreciated? How is it right to be so careful that all the servers carry it everywhere at the same time, but if some poor soul cannot dd he now must waits till AUG? I do believe that this have been avoided, but rather the priority was given to origins rather than the finishing of this release.

Not to be insulting... or really anything other than honest. Thank you for reading this post with an open mind...

gunnergoz -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:10:17 AM)

I'm glad you're not a damn bit bitter about it. [;)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:16:01 AM)

Freeboy,

We did post earlier that we expected to have it ready by the end of the week after Origins. We're releasing three games at once here (WitP, Starshatter and SPWAW: General's Edition) and this requires not only our involvement but that of Digital River as well. We still had staff flying back on Monday and equipment and hardware returning on Tuesday. I understand that the wait seems interminable, but from where I'm sitting we've been working as quickly as possible, communicating consistently and we're going to meet the goal we set out before leaving. Dave is trying not to raise expectations too much, we've had too many encounters with "Mr. Murphy" over the last few weeks.

We'd rather take a day or two to release this and let _everyone_ who is waiting get it with an installer that doesn't have any Win95/Me issues than take that day to churn out just enough copies that a few of you could get it, but not all. The convention was a special case, the wider release is coming less than a week after the end of the convention, I think we will all look back on this in another week and not even remember the delay. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik

Tankerace -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:16:30 AM)

I have only one word to say..... arrgggggg.

Oh well, good things come to those who wait.... or something like that ;)

freeboy -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:25:30 AM)

I don't think so, again not until today did anyone say by the end of the week... and If last week we where told this I for one would be much less distressed. I went from "after Origins"to"Tuesday.. "toToday.. then tomorrow or end of the week."

I don't mind the wait as much as the lack of communication, and you guys really do have a full plate. DR is a seperate company.. I posted so you could hear that as a big fan,on a diet,who owns kpok/atd/pacwar/campeigns accross the danube/ uv/ and more I am displeased for good reason. I am happy you're reading my posts and not blowing me off as a unhappy jerk.. I try to be both happy and not a jerk.. and I succeed often I am told[:D]

stretch -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:27:34 AM)

I'm with ya man. I'll get it when you guys are ready, and no delay is gonna piss me off because we could just as easily never had this game.. ever. Thank you for making it, I'll buy it when it's up, be it today, tomorrow, or next month. Rock on.

gunnergoz -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:30:53 AM)

I'll just stuff another sock in my mouth so I can't scream and wake up the whole house, whimper a couple of times and get on with life...(sniff, sniff.)

C'mon guys it's just a GAME. (ducks and scuttles off for cover.)

freeboy -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:33:08 AM)

I hear you, exceipt to Matrix .. its their business..
If I was over the top.. please forgive.. I am not a patient person and waiting for dr/matrix to iron out a win me/95 issue .. well I allready posted above..

ZOOMIE1980 -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:36:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Freeboy,

We did post earlier that we expected to have it ready by the end of the week after Origins. We're releasing three games at once here (WitP, Starshatter and SPWAW: General's Edition) and this requires not only our involvement but that of Digital River as well. We still had staff flying back on Monday and equipment and hardware returning on Tuesday. I understand that the wait seems interminable, but from where I'm sitting we've been working as quickly as possible, communicating consistently and we're going to meet the goal we set out before leaving. Dave is trying not to raise expectations too much, we've had too many encounters with "Mr. Murphy" over the last few weeks.

We'd rather take a day or two to release this and let _everyone_ who is waiting get it with an installer that doesn't have any Win95/Me issues than take that day to churn out just enough copies that a few of you could get it, but not all. The convention was a special case, the wider release is coming less than a week after the end of the convention, I think we will all look back on this in another week and not even remember the delay. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik

Yes, I distinctly remember the Matrix admin staff state end of the week after Origins. For me, that meant EOW Friday, roughly 5:00PM. Anything earlier than that is a bonus. I just hope to have my July 2004 MSDN library downloaded by then....darned thing is coming down at 40K....and that's from Microsoft's servers....

stretch -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:36:53 AM)

we're all pretty anxious. I think it's pretty amazing that the boards here stay so constructive. Even when people are upset the posts are generally civil enough to maintain discussion, unlike any thread on usenet these days.

David Heath -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:38:56 AM)

Hi Freeboy

It was stated that a limited release would be done at Origins and that after we got back we would get it posted on our store for sale. So we are doing what we said. If you are a old time wargamer you would know that this was how it was done in the old days and we found it really enjoyable to meet the gamers that could come to the show. I do not find it outrageuos and our customers can expect more of this in the future. The truth is that it was much easier to get the game ready for Origins then it is for a World Wide Release and I think our customers understand that. It is not that we are being SO careful but that since this is a world wide release many more servers need to be setup.

Thanks for the post

David

ZOOMIE1980 -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:39:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Freeboy,

Regards,

- Erik

Nothing more important than that OOBE. Nothing more frustrating than a buggy installer! Sets a bad tone for the whole game....

stretch -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:42:58 AM)

And just try to find another game company where the director of operations posts to their user forums at 940pm Pacific time on a Wednesday. Yeah... Hasbro anyone?

David Heath -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:44:04 AM)

Hi Freeboy

No I did not consider your post over the top at all. This forum is so active I guess you missed our post and that will tell me in the future to make it a sticky. So consider that your post has done some good. [:D]

David

freeboy -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 7:44:11 AM)

ok.. thank you right back.. up kinda late for Staten Island, no? So you have evidently a problem with the installer for win95/me.. good luck
hopefully this will be out tomorrow. My main concern, was when you say "after" we here, "Monday".. you say "gold" we hear "ready". Thanks for an open mind, I am a fan, not happy with this situation, but a fan nonetheless

ZOOMIE1980 -> RE: To All Those Waiting (7/1/2004 8:01:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stretch

And just try to find another game company where the director of operations posts to their user forums at 940pm Pacific time on a Wednesday. Yeah... Hasbro anyone?

Yes, Matrix is a special group. Almost religious. Good guys, all of them, no matter how much I might snipe at time, at development nits. I hope, one day, I can partner with these fine folks on some stuff......

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI