question about MCs and 8.20 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Static -> question about MCs and 8.20 (7/1/2004 8:21:32 PM)

hey there everybody!

I'm currently d/ling 8.20 at 103kb/sec....and my computer is saying another 45 minutes. that's fine with me! just knowing its coming is enough [:D] i just had one stupid question: will previously downloaded mega-campaigns work when installed into 8.20, or do we need to re-download the mega-camps/buy the generals edition. (dont get me wrong...i fully intend to purchase and install the general's edition i just dont have the $$$ for it right now!

also...with previous updates to SPWaW, i have had lockup problems when trying to reset my personal preferences with the newly installed version (at the time) and was forced to import my old steel.prf file or whatever its called to rectify the problem. it worked like a charm, but as im about to uninstall 8.02 from my computer in anticipation of replacing it with the infinitely more advanced 8.20 im curious as to whether i should save my old preferences file or not. thanks for all your hard work everyone at matrix! [&o] [&o] [&o] [&o]

now...to everyone on the board.... NO WHINING OR CRITICISM! [:-] [:-] [:-] [:-] give it a weeks grace period before you start sharpshooting and suggesting more changes

my d/l is now at 44% and counting...i must have a lot of competition!

Hexed Gamer -> RE: question about MCs and 8.20 (7/1/2004 8:39:57 PM)

This is just me speaking, but I can't see why your MCs should not function.

So, when you get your 8.2 download finished, just install and or shift your MCs as you normally would.

My guess is, your current install of any MCs should be no more complex than copying the Mega Cam folder from your previous install right into the new install.

Or at least that worked fine for me.

Static -> RE: question about MCs and 8.20 (7/1/2004 8:47:40 PM)

ill give that a shot....its what i was going to do anyway...i just wanted to ask the brain trust here if there were any oob changes or anything like that that might affect the MCs.

thanks for the quick reply....im at 90% now ....oh and then theres the everpresent irony factor...after the (at times) agonizing wait, the gam is here... the damn download is SLOWING DOWN as it gets closer to 100% [8|]

99% now [8D]

David Heath -> RE: question about MCs and 8.20 (7/1/2004 10:00:46 PM)

Hi Guys

All the Mega Campaigns will work with SPWaW v8.20 just install them. You do not need to re-purchase anything. The SPWaW is something that a lot of gamers were asking us for. SPWaW General Edition is the full game of SPWaW v8.20 with all four Mega Campaigns all installed into one big download.

David

Jim1954 -> RE: question about MCs and 8.20 (7/1/2004 11:02:05 PM)

Here's how you do it guys.
Browse to the MC folder nested inside spwaw. Open it up. Copy everything in it to a temp folder. That gives you all battles, saves, config files etc.
Using Add/Remove Programs, delete everything SPWAW8.0 or 8.1 related. I deleted the whole Matrix folder afterwards. Install 8.2. Browse back to the now empty MC folder in 8.2 and then copy everything from that temp folder back into the MC folder.

rich12545 -> RE: question about MCs and 8.20 (7/2/2004 3:27:51 AM)

Imo, the megas will work with 8.2, the question is are the oobs ok. Some might not be and it would be nice if Matrix, since the megas are paid for products, would check and issue oob mods for the mod program if needed.

Again, imo, the mod program was pure genius. That will eliminate the bitching and moaning over oobs. Anybody who doesn't like 8.2 can come out with his own and give it a name, for example the goblin oobs. Then if there is a pbem all the parties have to do is agree on which to use.

David Heath -> RE: question about MCs and 8.20 (7/2/2004 4:00:41 AM)

The Mega Campaigns will work and in some cases even bette with the new OOB's

David

rich12545 -> RE: question about MCs and 8.20 (7/2/2004 4:12:48 AM)

From the man himself. Thank you for the reply David.

DeSade -> RE: question about MCs and 8.20 (7/2/2004 5:23:16 PM)

Hi,

First of all, i would like to thank Matrix for excellent support and great effort. Now to the point ;-)

Regarding MCLV installation:

1. there are few files outside MC folder, installed with MCLV. Question is, which of them are needed for 8.2. These are:
a. 4 files in SHP subfolder (2 of them ugraded by patch for MCLV)
b. quite a lot of sound files in SND folder
c. oob86 file in root SPaW folder.

which ones should I copy from previous version?

2. There were known bug in MC with losing score points when saving in middle of the scenario. Is this bug corrected in 8.2? I'm condsiering buying General Edition, hovever don't have time to try to finish every scenario in one session ;-)

thanks a lot again guys for great job!

Voriax -> RE: question about MCs and 8.20 (7/2/2004 6:50:35 PM)

Highest numbered wav file in 8.2 seems to be 2000a.wav. If you copy all higher numbered ones chances are you will get all MC related sound files.

Voriax

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI