DESERT FOX QUESTION (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

EVANS PAPPAS -> DESERT FOX QUESTION (1/31/2002 1:34:00 AM)

I have been playing Desert Fox for the past 2 months and I am up to the "Battleax" scenario which is mid 1941 and I have a question. When, if ever, are the Mark IIIe tanks going to be upgraded.These tanks are almost useless against the Brits and its becoming increasingly frustrating to go into battle with these dogs. I'm sure that historically that elite units were upgraded to newer models by this time. Will the game eventually upgrade the core units, or is their something the player can do to upgrade the units?

mao -> (1/31/2002 1:46:00 AM)

You do get better tanks eventually, IIIHs if I remember correctly. If it's the same Battleaxe scenario that I remember you have a HUGE force of Brit tanks coming at you . I got a DV. Try to only fire during your turn (i.e. very limited or no op. fire, if you use op. fire you will run out of ammo early and the AI will much more readily target your positions with artillery) and pick your targets well. Knock out the weaker tanks first and then pick on the stronger ones. If it's the same battle I remember you have a few 88mm guns - use them wisely and pick out the stronger tanks when you get a good shot. Also, remember the adage; "don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes"

Phil Buster -> (1/31/2002 1:49:00 AM)

Hi, Evans.
Yes. It WAS increasingly frustrating for Rommel to face the british with his never enough ungraded troops and later decimated. It was hard for him to see that the Führer prefered russian adventure to dessert one. If you feel the same, try Lost Victories and you will miss the sands of Libya. Higher calibers in Russia, but not even for a moment think it es easier to beat enemy tanks. Tough men this ruskis. And hard steel.
Anyway, disagree about your consideration about those dogs and theri 35mm guns. Try not to confront them with the Matildas (of course), but use them as a support to your infantry and flank atacks. You´ll get some 50mm PZIII (I don´t remember when, but I think that not in your core force).

Wild Bill -> (1/31/2002 4:22:00 AM)

You'll have them by September, Evans. Based on the TOEs of that period, Mark IIIh or J, I can't remember for the moment. But you will have a powerful 50mm gun. Your PzIVs will be upgraded also. So you gotta tough it out till then. I'm sure the DAK tankers felt the same frustration you do (and I did in testing these! ). Good hunting! Wild Bill

Gen.Hoepner -> (1/31/2002 7:30:00 AM)

For me it was the same in afrika.The first time i faced the 'Tildas with those 37 i thought i was goin' to be sloughtered.Then i understood the trick:you have to flank them,in superiority,and keep shooting at them with more than 2 tanks.One shot each.Shoot with the first,then with the second,then the third,then the first one again.Those british crews will soon get routed or they'll bail out!
Do not use them as you'd use the tigers!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI