FYI - 8.3 Patch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

BryanMelvin -> FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/11/2004 8:28:50 PM)

I submitted the 8.3 patch a few days ago to matirx and the install for patch is being worked on.

This patch has the:

enc file update

Snd file update

OOB update that fixes issues brought up by many of you on this forum [:)]

and a few other items

KG Erwin -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/11/2004 9:59:32 PM)

Great news, Bryan. I want to add that the members of the SPWaW Depot forum were also very helpful in their suggestions for OOB improvements. Thanks to everyone who offered their opinions. [&o]

m10bob -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/11/2004 10:46:52 PM)

This can be nice!!..Thank you very much....

Major Destruction -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/12/2004 2:50:58 AM)

And, as always, there are those details that escape even the closest scrutiny such as the unit speed for units 129 and 130 in the US Army OOB. This should be 22 (or slightly less)

Formation 1088 in the Germany OOB should have a 1 in the No. column for unit 10

Formation 1118 should have special 11

Formation 1120 should have special 1

Formation 1122 should have special 0

Formation 1149/1151 should have special 0 unless there is a unit in unit slot 1

Formation 1178 should have special 11

etc............

rrockw -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/12/2004 4:33:24 AM)

Appreciate the situation report!

Rich

vulkansanex -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/12/2004 5:03:30 AM)

Every new patch is like Christmas...

Thank you all participants.

Double Respect
Vulkan

sztartur2 -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/12/2004 11:22:38 AM)

Is it going to be a real patch or a download the whole software again thing?

Artur.

BEER -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/12/2004 11:37:26 AM)

How soon we shall receive a patch for uploading?

Goblin -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/12/2004 4:03:50 PM)

Shouldn't True Update handle the patch?[&:]

Goblin

BryanMelvin -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/12/2004 6:05:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Major Destruction

And, as always, there are those details that escape even the closest scrutiny such as the unit speed for units 129 and 130 in the US Army OOB. This should be 22 (or slightly less)

etc............

Stuart, I sent in a fix for the USA Rocket Firing Tanks so movement is restored to 22. As for the German Formations, they are okay as they currently are [;)]

I think matrix can patch the updated USA oob in time.

As for a release time, I am not sure when this will be. Matrix was preparing the install and as soon as they complete this, it should be released!

Warrior2 -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/13/2004 2:43:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur

Is it going to be a real patch or a download the whole software again thing?

Artur.

I'm not a Matrix official, but I'm certain it will just be a patch.

And by the way, thanks to all who contributed to it.

Alby -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/15/2004 11:07:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BryanMelvin

quote:

etc............

Stuart, I sent in a fix for the USA Rocket Firing Tanks so movement is restored to 22. As for the German Formations, they are okay as they currently are [;)]

What exactly are these special codes??

and why are they ok as they are??
you guys have me curious[:D]

Goblin -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/15/2004 11:49:13 PM)

They are recon/etc codes.

I am not sure they are ok like they are. They seem to be ok like they are because we were told they are ok.

Goblin

Major Destruction -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/16/2004 2:34:50 AM)

A special 1 code applies to all company formations. This allows the company commander to move around at will without expending orders by telling himself what to do.

A special 1 code will be applied to recon platoon formations to allow recon units to move around at will without expending orders and to also 'see' better than a regular unit.

A special 10 code (combined sometimes with the 1 code above to give a special 11 code) will assign 'elite' status to a formation. Therefore, elite company formations will carry a special 11 code as will elite recon formations.

Generally, elite platoons are assigned to elite companies. This code will affect the cost of your units in those elite formations when using true troop cost set to ON. It also will give your elite units a better experience/morale value than the regular unit.

Regular platoon formations are assigned a special 0.

Assigning these special codes is often open to interpretation by the OOB design team. In the case of formation 1149 (an onboard artillery company) I believe that a special 1 should not be applied since there is no company command unit. A special 0 (or even a special 2 code) might work better.

Erik Rutins -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/21/2004 11:55:36 PM)

Hi,

Just letting you all know that the patch should be available for you this week. I've incorporated all the updates that have been sent in and am expecting to upload it for Bryan to review tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,

- Erik

Goblin -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/22/2004 1:03:01 AM)

Thanks Erik.

Goblin

rrockw -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/22/2004 3:03:26 PM)

Outstanding!

#Vassago -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/25/2004 6:46:35 AM)

That's great news! I just hope you will not use trueupdate since it is not even included with the General's edition despite want has been said by people around here.

Hexed Gamer -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/25/2004 3:17:42 PM)

Considering I am not privvy to what is actually in 8.3, I can only hope it addresses a few gaffes like the omission of the Trueupdate function actually.

I also sure hope there is a real splashy announcement in big neon lettering stating "hey the 8.3 patch is now up for download" (and yes I am still hoping it is a patch, won't kill me personally if it is yet another full download, but I sure expect to be among a very small crowd that will say that).

Some implied "it should be up this week", but of course, they never tell you which week that refers to hehe :)
Today is saturday, so I guess it wasn't meant to mean last week :)

KG Erwin -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/25/2004 7:40:10 PM)

Gentlemen, the 8.3 patch is being reviewed by the team. It is 3.9 MB in size, and should be available to the public ***soon***. No new full game download will be required.

chief -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/26/2004 1:36:12 AM)

Please release it before Jeanne comes through.....I need a morale booster........[&o]

BruceAZ -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/26/2004 2:24:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

They are recon/etc codes.

I am not sure they are ok like they are. They seem to be ok like they are because we were told they are ok.

Goblin

Great! Your OK..He's OK...I.m Ok... I guess that means we are all OK. What are OK for again??[sm=00000436.gif][sm=crazy.gif]

Recon
Semper Fi

Goblin -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/26/2004 3:06:09 AM)

Whatever they tell us we're ok for, ok? I thinks its ok...[:'(]

Goblin

BruceAZ -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/26/2004 9:15:33 PM)

Ahhh.. I just knew I was OK!!![sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Recon
Semper Fr

KG Erwin -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/26/2004 10:03:47 PM)

Yes, everything is OK with us, I think (burp). OMG, a children's song is playing now--you gotta have a young kid to understand-- "It's OK, it's OK, it's OK, it's OK, it's OK--go monkey, go--go monkey, go-- Mojo Jojo"---the song was written by the guys from Devo, who now write for cartoons. Anyone remember "Whip It"? That's the guys who are now composing songs for children. [:D] I love it.

I definitely need professional help--calling Drs. Anheuser and Busch--pour me another one. [sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Toivo -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/27/2004 12:43:18 PM)

Gut! But nothing radical to be expected right?

sami heimola -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/27/2004 1:23:27 PM)

If I understood right, version 8.3 will be only OOB patch ok? No any new icons/graphics?

Btw, how about H2H version into 8.3? Any plans about it?

Sami

RockinHarry -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/27/2004 6:07:17 PM)

quote:

A special 1 code applies to all company formations. This allows the company commander to move around at will without expending orders by telling himself what to do.

A special 1 code will be applied to recon platoon formations to allow recon units to move around at will without expending orders and to also 'see' better than a regular unit.

A special 10 code (combined sometimes with the 1 code above to give a special 11 code) will assign 'elite' status to a formation. Therefore, elite company formations will carry a special 11 code as will elite recon formations.

Generally, elite platoons are assigned to elite companies. This code will affect the cost of your units in those elite formations when using true troop cost set to ON. It also will give your elite units a better experience/morale value than the regular unit.

Regular platoon formations are assigned a special 0.

Assigning these special codes is often open to interpretation by the OOB design team. In the case of formation 1149 (an onboard artillery company) I believe that a special 1 should not be applied since there is no company command unit. A special 0 (or even a special 2 code) might work better.

RE "1" or "11" formation code: Thatīs what I assumed already. [:)] Cpy. HQīs get it for having a command benefit when CC rules are used from preferences settings, while platoon units normally get it for beeing "dedicated" recon units (+20% sighting bonus).

The "10" (or "20") formation codes are oftenly taken too serious IMHO. An "average" unit can at times have better experience stats with a lucky "die roll", than a "elite" unit with an unlucky one. Itīs just a chance that some more experience (and morale) is added and itīs not exactly +10 (or -10) all of the time. Itīs mostly values upto the max level, but mostly below. It also depends upon ones nations units country training, or when switched off, what you set in preferences screen (=Troop Quality) yourself.

IE a "elite" german paratrooper or SS unit in 1945 can have as good (or bad) unit stats as an "average" US unit.[X(]

The term "elite" is also used in another way in the game, different from the formation "elite" flag. Units that reach experience above 100 are assumed to be "elite" in capabilities. That has nothing to do with the "elite" formation flag, which is just a positive chance die roll modifier.

Slizerzak -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/27/2004 9:43:33 PM)

Will the patch fix the color problems with winXP?

Riun T -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/27/2004 9:54:02 PM)

So we can turn 8.2 into 8.3 no questions{no OOB shuffling and crap}???

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI