RE: 1-20-42 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports

rroberson -> RE: 1-20-42 (12/16/2004 6:29:29 AM)

He dropped his first bombs over Lanchow. About time. My Navy boys attacked a destroyer...beyond that..nil...moving them again...stick and move stick and move.

The first Burma was driven into Rangoon ( a mistake by the field commander).

rroberson -> 1-21-42 (12/16/2004 8:06:50 PM)

1-21-42

West Coast

No new Subs. .

Midway

Still building up. Ready to fight now however.

Pearl Harbor

Dispatching the rest of the 24th Infantry to Midway. Now considering what units to move to Canton Island.

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

I have ordered teh 1st CBS (IL4s) to bomb Tianan where he has about 30 merchant ships bottled up. Kweiyang remains badly undersupplied, a fact that I just dont understand. He is not laying on my supply lines anywhere...I am flying supplies in, but...

Burma

Well I am as set as I can be here. The Calm before the storm....as I wait patiently for invasion.

Malaya

The seige of singapore continues.

DEI

Okay rather then stick and move IM leaving the navy birds in place for another day. Since the only attacks that flew off were against that destroyer group. Unless he is paying careful attention I doubt i will see a response. Perhaps my planes can find some juicy targets today.

Australia

His week long visit all but destroyed my airpower here. If he returns he will have a great time down here.

PM

I ordered about 12 B17s from the 5th BG to Rabaul from Noumea. Party over Truk...60 plus ships in port. No doubt they will be met by fighters.

Noumea

Supplies enroute from Australia.

PI

The seige of Clark and Manilla continues

Solomon Islands

Moving a base force from wellington.

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

Underway west of San Diego

23 days until Hornet is available.

Capt. Harlock -> Carrier flyboys on land (12/16/2004 10:20:31 PM)

Interesting move with the carrier airgroups. You lied to we loyal readers -- but then again I should have known you wouldn't just swing at anchor for very long. You might also want to consider that airfields are unsinkable, but they can be overrun by IJA hordes.

If you happen to know, what are the rules for upgrading aircraft at land bases? Does it have to be a major center like Sydney?

On a totally different subject, what are the prospects for the 1st Burma. I assume evacuating them by sea is out because of the land-based air threat.

wobbly -> RE: Carrier flyboys on land (12/16/2004 11:45:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

Interesting move with the carrier airgroups. You lied to we loyal readers -- but then again I should have known you wouldn't just swing at anchor for very long. You might also want to consider that airfields are unsinkable, but they can be overrun by IJA hordes.

If you happen to know, what are the rules for upgrading aircraft at land bases? Does it have to be a major center like Sydney?

On a totally different subject, what are the prospects for the 1st Burma. I assume evacuating them by sea is out because of the land-based air threat.

My god is this the truth. Do not let the airfield you are basing at be bombarded (as if you can stop it).
Remeber that the addition of naval bombers is likely to change the airstrip colour of the base they are at. Therefore he will know where you are basing your planes: MOVE THEM!

rroberson -> RE: Carrier flyboys on land (12/17/2004 3:37:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

Not good. He is bearing down on them. I may go try and get them, I have a transport group unloading at Akyab right now, Im just trying to weigh whether it would be worth the cost of ships and men to retrieve them. On the one hand all his bombers would come out to play (and be subjected to my fighters)....on the other, I would lose ships.

rroberson -> reply to inqury (12/17/2004 3:39:55 AM)

I have spread them out over 3 bases, but they will move at least every other day, if not every day....I think they can cause some damage...we will see.

rroberson -> RE: 1-21-42 scratch 1 cruiser! (12/17/2004 4:09:23 AM)

Watching my subs miss his shipping with their great American torpedos is an exercise in true frustration. Watching the Shokaku and Zuikaku sit in port in Kendari is maddening...Im going after them with B17s. My Blens struck hong kong today...no major damage... My Truk air attack netted no shipping, moving these guys to Amboina next I think.

Operation Molly Brown has netted some big results. First, my dauntlesses put a 1000 lber into the destroyer Yamagumo off the coast. Welcome to the war Xarg [;)] Then they but many bombs into the Cruisers Kumano, Chokai, and Suzuya all at at Balikpapan.

The 2nd Wave put more bombs into all 3 cruisers and adding Mogami to the hit list (2 bombs) including registering two magazine explosions on CHokai and Suzuya. Chokai, sank. I'm sure his bombers will attack the three bases i am operating from so I will be making a run for it. But its nice to see an Op work!

rroberson -> 1-22-42 (12/17/2004 5:19:09 AM)

1-22-42

West Coast

Found a sub off LA...doing the car chase thing with it.

Midway

Still building up.

Pearl Harbor

Yorktown and Saratoga are inbound now. Not sure how long they will stay, no sign of his carriers.

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

I have shift fighters to Sian to counter his recent bombing attacks there (24th FG). I have also shift an element of the 24th to Lanchow to aid with the British bombing of his airfield at Yenen. If he is coming to Lanchow, I want to make it as painful as possible.

Burma

I have ordered the 1st Burma to march northwest out of Rangoon. They may get caught by the leading edge of his troops. We will see. I cannot justify a seaborne rescue of them. The cost in ships would be too high. If I had tranport planes in the area I would try and fly them out.

Malaya

The seige of singapore continues.

DEI

Time to move my navy forces....No doubt there will be an angry assault of all three airfields that did the damage. At least he now knows the DEI is no longer a Japanese lake.

Australia

Well, if nothing else Broome has been avenged.

PM

Withdrew the B17s from Rabaul.

Noumea

PI

Solomon Islands

Moving a base force from wellington.

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

Steaming towards Pearl Harbor

22 days until Hornet is available.

[image]local://upfiles/12111/Sq482040387.jpg[/image]

rroberson -> 1-22-42 (12/17/2004 8:22:15 PM)

He has taken to night bombing again, hitting Chungking, Samarinda, Banjarmasin and Macassar. The DEI attacks are the predicted attempts to supress my dive bombers...long gone ;). My Destroyers finally chased down that sub near Midway. My Brits have begun bombing Yenen. I intend to sustain this until their morale drops to below 50. He hammered Singapore today...more then 70 Lilys. My flak chewed his planes up, but man...74 runway hits.

My navy boys found no targets today...time to move them to their next spot.

He made another deliberate attack on Manilla today, costing him about 300 Xargs.

Love the new patch..seems smoother running and the new alerts (AF builds) is nice.

rroberson -> 1-23-42 (12/17/2004 9:18:30 PM)

1-23-42

West Coast

The Battleships New Mexico and Mississippi are now enroute to join the Colorado in San Diego, I intend to form an air combat group around Hornet using these battleships when she arrives. The will be slow but deadly :).

Midway

More troops enroute.

Pearl Harbor

Yorktown and Saratoga are inbound now.

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

He is doing some night bombing...not really much I can do about it. I continue to prep Lanchow for invasion...I will also continue to bomb Yenen.

Burma

Awaiting the storm.

Malaya

Heavy bombing yesterday...more of the same no doubt.

DEI

No targets appeared to the Molly Brown crew this turn.

Australia

Shifting air around to begin the process of rebuilding my shattererd Aussie Air Force.

PM

Shuttled another group of B17s to Rabaul for Truk port bombing.

Noumea

PI

Solomon Islands

More NZ troops have landed, I have also begun transporting A navy engineer crew in to work on the Air Field.

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

2 days out of Pearl Harbor

21 days until Hornet is available.

rroberson -> RE: 1-23-42 (12/18/2004 12:57:05 AM)

More nite bombing from xarg in DEI, I guess the loss of those warships really smarted. My Navy boys went after troops invading Jolo, (they are based there time to move) scored six hits on one of the transports sinking it. The first burma escaped rangoon, (which fell).

rroberson -> 1-24-42 (12/18/2004 3:23:55 AM)

1-24-42

West Coast

Nothing new

Midway

Nothing new.

Pearl Harbor

Sub north of Harbor.

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

More bombing outside of Yenen. I hit his airport there and will do some nite bombing of it hoping to catch his birds on the ground.

Burma

He wasted no time moving air up to Rangoon. No doubt Akyab is about to catch hell...fighters are aloft. I intend to do a little nite bombing of the Rangoon :)...the battle for Burma is about to heat up. To begin to counter what moves I feel he will make I have activated all my fighters over Akyab. He will likely also push to center (Mandalay) so i have CAP up there too.

Malaya

nothing new.

DEI

Moving the Molly Browns stationed at Jolo since he landed troops there...they claimed an AP and to hear tell from him they shot up a destroyer also. But they have worn out their welcomed. I believe he now understands that the fight for DEI is not going to be easy. Suddenly there is a lack of shipping off Borneo. No targets for my bombers. If this continues for a few more days I will withdraw them all back to Australia for R and R. They have already made my point.

Australia

More aussies on their way to koepang with supplies.

PM

B17s headed home. They were in effective over Truk.

Noumea

Supplies enroute from Australia. I also have lots of troops and supplies inbound from the US. They are all a good two weeks away. I believe he intends to take Noumea as soon as he can support an invasion. Im hoping Molly Brown has showed him that he needs to be vigilant against the tricky old man :)....and slow down his plans a bit.

PI

Solomon Islands

Work continues on the airfield. Its a race. Im sure once he notices he will send a helluva a lot of troops here. I now have 1400 combat troops here.

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

A day out of Pearl Harbor

20 days until Hornet is available.

rroberson -> RE: 1-24-42 (12/18/2004 7:43:07 PM)

The night skies of the Pacific conflict are filled with japanese and allied bombers as we both grope for each other's airfields. Heavy bombing throughout the theatre by his forces...during the morning. Of note...i have been running a beat up supply ship to and from singapore for about a week. he finally noticed it. Holy over kill batman. He sent 17 Anns and 18 Sonias after her...putting 21 bombs into her. :)

rroberson -> RE: 1-25-42 (12/18/2004 8:17:36 PM)

1-25-42

West Coast

Nothing new

Midway

Nothing new.

Pearl Harbor

More subs more chase. Carrier group two has arrived in the Harbor refueled and headed to the south pacific.

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

Nothing new.

Burma

No missions from him over Akyab yet. I have begun bombing Rangoon at nite. The 7th GB (B17) already have taken a dip in morale to under 50...sigh.

Malaya

nothing new.

DEI

I really want to go after Balikpapan again. He has tons of shipping still there. He continues to bomb the hell out of the three airfields that I would strike from so I continue to hesitate. I still feel strongly that he has backed off of operations because he knows I have the "Molly Brown" force in the area. Which is what I wanted.

Australia

Alls quiet.

PM

More troops stream in. I now have 4K in combat troops and about 23k in support. Any invasion here will be expensive for him...I hope.

Noumea

Lots of stuff enroute...none of it here.

PI

Solomon Islands

Airifield at 20 percent. More base forces enroute. I am also having an AA unit and a CD unit sent in (american) they were originally going to Noumea.

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

Departing Pearl Harbor

19 days until Hornet is available.

I am still considering withdrawing Operation Molly Brown back to Australia and ultimately their carriers. They have accomplished their main objective, to shake up Xargun a bit. I think if I linger with them too long I will lose them. I would like another shot at Balik, but as long as he is on guard a follow up attack would have marginal results. We shall see I guess.

rroberson -> RE: 1-25-42 (12/18/2004 11:13:37 PM)

My secret is out at Menado, I will have to move my Molly Brown force out...he bombed the hell out of the town, I had no cap as I was using the fighters for targets of op...ouchie

I still had a couple of SBDs (repairing from battle damage) sitting at Jolo. They attacked that AP again putting a bomb in her.

Beyond that it was a nice, boring day.

By the way, I have determined the B17s of the 7th BG are just wired to do drugs or something...4 out of 30 flew on thier night mission..their morale drops so damn fast.

rroberson -> RE: 1-26-42 (12/18/2004 11:52:45 PM)

1-26-42

West Coast

Nothing new

Midway

Nothing new.

Pearl Harbor

Nothing new.

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

Nothing new.

Burma

I moved my 7th out of Dacca and up to Akyab. Plenty of support, plenty of supplies, plenty of AF (okay so its only a four :p) Despite my whining, dacca is too small and not well supported, let's see if Akyab helps the boys fly and more important get their morale up a bit.

Malaya

nothing new.

DEI

Okay I have decided to take one last poke at Balikpapan. I have moved all the Navy birds into position and moved as many dutch fighters as I could find to help fend off the CAP (no doubt he has a large one up there now). This is their final mission before I declare the OP over and move them back to their carriers enroute to Sydney

Australia

Alls quiet.

PM

Going to move another Aussie brigade here as soon as I can afford to. After that my next troop and supply run will go to Milne Bay (Gili)

Noumea

PI

Solomon Islands

Nice and quiet.

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

Departing Pearl Harbor

18 days until Hornet is available.

rroberson -> 1-26-42 (12/19/2004 3:59:00 AM)

A good day for his subs. My morning Molly strike missed, 3 squads couldnt locate the target...My afternoon strikes faired better putting 2 1000 lbers into Mogami (magazine explosion) and one into Kumano. The second wave added 4 500lbers into Kumano and 3 into Suzuya. Mogami sank. A good way to end Operation Molly Brown.

[image]local://upfiles/12111/Ca823262006.jpg[/image]

rroberson -> 1-27-42 (12/19/2004 10:08:31 PM)

1-27-42

West Coast

Subs Subs and more subs...I need more destroyers here.

Midway

More troops and supplies a day away.

Pearl Harbor

Nothing new.

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

Nothing new.

Burma

Nothing new here…Hoping to see the 7th do a little night bombing of Rangoon.

Malaya

nothing new.

DEI

Operation Molly Brown is now over…I have moved the Naval planes back to Koepang where they will fly on to Darwin or Broome and ultimetly rejoin their carriers in Sydney. It will probably take several days for the entire 6 squads to get back owning to damaged planes awaiting repair in DEI. This is Op was an overwhelming success.

Australia

I have moved elements of the 19th BG back to Sydney where I hope they can recover their morale.

PM

Nothing new. 32K in troops (4 of them are combat infantry and armor)

Noumea

PI

Solomon Islands

AF at 25 percent

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

South East of Pearl Harbor

17 days until Hornet is available.

rroberson -> 1-27-42 (12/19/2004 11:41:01 PM)

Mostly a day of sub attacks and ASW. I sank a sub off midway. His carriers launched a strike against Amboina, he also struck a couple of other dEI airfields searching for my Navy planes.

rroberson -> 1-28-42 (12/20/2004 8:36:48 PM)

1-28-42

West Coast

Nothing new

Midway

More troops and supplies are still a day away.

Pearl Harbor

Chasing subs

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

Really just waiting for his next thrust in the North.

Burma

Still trying to get the 1st Burma to march, beyond that the waiting game.

Malaya

Waiting for Singapore to fall.

DEI

Still moving all my navy planes back to Kupang. Going to leave them there a day or two as he has moved his carriers out of Kendari. I am flying recon over Kendari…if there are fat transports just sitting there, I will move some of my bombers close enough to take a shot at them..

Australia

Nothing major…saving points so I can move another Australian unit up to NG.

PM

Nothing new. Supply level still growing

Noumea

PI

Solomon Islands

AF at 27 percent

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

16 days until Hornet is available.

These are the dog days of the game. I am really just waiting for his next move. Honestly there is nothing he can’t do, and nothing I can do. I believe strongly that my stunt in DEI has upset his timetable somewhat, but realistically he can keep bashing away without pause.

Capt. Harlock -> RE: 1-28-42 (12/20/2004 10:17:11 PM)

quote:

These are the dog days of the game. I am really just waiting for his next move. Honestly there is nothing he can’t do, and nothing I can do.

Have you thought about putting together a high-speed bombardment force of older destroyers and six-inch cruisers to cause trouble in the North? Air activity should be minimal at this point on the calendar. Maybe a nuisance raid against Paramushiro, or even Sapporo if there's no opposition?

rroberson -> 1-28-42 (12/20/2004 11:40:25 PM)

He is using his carrier air to hit the airfields near Kendari. I guess I have his attention finally [:D]. Byeond that it was an extremely quiet day on his part.

rroberson -> 1-29-42 (12/21/2004 12:58:34 AM)

1-29-42

West Coast

Nothing new.

Midway

More troops and supplies are pouring as two convoys have arrived. I now have more then enough support for any air that I base here. And plenty of combat troops.

Pearl Harbor

Chasing subs

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

Really just waiting for his next thrust in the North.

Burma

He has these guys trapped. Sea rescue is out of the question. Looks grim for the valiant 1st Burma..

Malaya

DEI

He slid his carriers back into port at Kendari, effectively blocking any attempt at me hitting the port. I am still gathering planes from my attack against Balik (repairing) so I don’t want to commit them to an attack against his carriers in Kendari yet. If he moves them south I will strike. If he goes west I will hit Kendari…I guess old molly brown has a bit of life still.

Australia

Nothing major…saving points so I can move another Australian unit up to NG.

PM

Nothing new. Supply level still growing

Noumea

PI

Solomon Islands

My secret is out here. He has a sub attacking shipping, I expect to see warships or other evilness here soon.

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

15 days until Hornet is available.

Very quiet, which is disturbing. He will strike and soon. He needs Rabaul, he is now aware of my landings at Lunga. Burma is very quiet. No action in China yet, though the southern part of the country is a mess. It looks like both PI and Singapore will make it to the end of the month which is a bit of a surprise to me. ….come out and play Xarg.

rroberson -> 1-29-42 (12/21/2004 3:26:18 AM)

Very confusing result. Listed as an attack on Yenen, yet showed as one on Rangoon using aircraft based at both Akyab and Lanchow. probably one of those cool bugs ;). The combat report claimed he took Manilla. I doubt that, he told me that he almost took it earlier online, but his air didnt fly. Likely it will fall tomorrow though. 1500 soldiers of the 1st Burma marched into captivity today. A sad end to a brave group of men. (he attacked them with 24K troops...)

rroberson -> 1-30-42 (1/1/2005 10:17:56 PM)

His surface forces have slipped past my air net and shelled Koepang. He destroyed a number of my naval aircraft based there... a bit frustrating since I have the area pretty well covered with air searches...I will still happily trade airplanes for his ships though :). Major airbattle over Akyab he sent 30 zeros against all the fighter cover I have there. The Buffs and demons became zero victims, but the hurricanes and p40s from AVG did quite well. He tried another shock attack at manilla, netted the same results as before. They still hang on.

rroberson -> 1-31-42 (1/1/2005 11:02:31 PM)

1-31-42

West Coast

ASW operations primarily.

Midway

Midway is quickly becoming quite a stronghold. I would not expect Xargun to attempt to take it at this point in the game. The opportunity is behind him now.

Pearl Harbor

Sending Nevada and a couple of other battered ships to San Francisco for repair.

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

I wonder if he intends to go North at all. What intel I do have doesn’t really show that many units in the area. I will continue to watch this for a few days, but I am seriously considering an limited Offensive against Yenen. I already have enough air assets in place here. And plenty of infantry (150K) in Lanchow. I am going to send one of my splinter units into Yenen for a little recon by force.

Burma

I have slid more Hurricanes into Akyab. If he wants to expend fighters here, I have plenty of them, between the British, AVG, P40s from PI and what dutch I have rescued to date.

Malaya

DEI

He was mean. Hitting Koepang like that. I was surprised I didn’t see his forces inbound. I have transferred most of them back to Australia. And will continue to as the damaged planes get repaired. I guess I kind of deserved the losses, lingering too long. I will repair refly and hit him again soon…rest assured.

Australia

I intend to move the 7th Aussie either up to Gili or out to Guadalcanal tomorrow. I have plenty of warships and more then enough shipping to do either.

PM

Nothing new.

Noumea

Supplies offloading and a surface group in the area now. I intend to send the surface group south of Guadalcanal (Minneapolis, Louisville) to patrol and slide the destroyers up to Lunga to rid myself of a sub that has taken up station there.

PI

Solomon Islands

Coastal artillery is now a day out. Hopefully they can slide past a sub he has sitting there without too much trouble.

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

14 days until Hornet is available.

Sorry about the long break. The team I work for was in El Paso Texas for the Sun Bowl and I had very limited internet availability.

[image]local://upfiles/12111/Us537562543.jpg[/image]

Strv103C -> RE: 1-30-42 (1/2/2005 12:06:26 AM)

This AAR is similar to my PBEM but I lost Sing at jan 9th. I'm at jan 20 now and he have basically all of Solomon and NG exept Gili and PM. It is a surprise that Rabaul is still yours, he's got to move there soon I think.

rroberson -> RE: 1-30-42 (1/2/2005 12:38:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Strv103C

This AAR is similar to my PBEM but I lost Sing at jan 9th. I'm at jan 20 now and he have basically all of Solomon and NG exept Gili and PM. It is a surprise that Rabaul is still yours, he's got to move there soon I think.

I'm a bit surprised about his slowness against Rabaul myself. Though I think it is partially due to our house rules (30 pp before you can invade by sea) and partially because he has a huge landing planned somewhere sucking up all his carrier strength (we require air protection of any landing). Either way he has bombed Rabaul a couple of times recently with Nells. I am considering sending some of my AKs at PM (offloading supplies) up to Rabaul and evacuating the combat units there soon.

rroberson -> 1-31-42 (1/4/2005 5:13:52 AM)

The final day of January saw quite a few Japanese night raiders as he attempted to make sure my naval air had no airfields in Borneo to operate from. He also tried to bombard Koepang for a 2nd night, but my dutch boys (PTS) must of given him quite the run around as the battlewagons never fired on the field. Troops from a Xargun sub landed at Dali on Timor, the first incursion here.

Daytime brought a huge bomber attack against Samarinda one of the former "molly Brown" airfields. One of his subs attacked a troop convoy off Guadalcanal killing 13 engineers.

rroberson -> 2-1-42 (1/4/2005 6:04:23 AM)

2-1-42

West Coast

I have embarked the 102nd RCT their final destination is Auckland.

Midway

More troops and supplies are arriving.

Pearl Harbor

More supplies rolling with three fighter groups out of Seattle.

Wake

Is his.

Alaska

nothing new here.

China

I have sent two divisions of infantry northeast. I intend to either have them drop down on Yenen or further east. I do not believe he has that much stationed in the north, I now believe his strategy is to pound away into the south and close the supply line to china. Hopefully these two division will not run into any significant ground forces (he has a lot of air up here). If that is the case I will start a Spring Offensive in the North and hopefully take advantage of his weakness here.

Burma

Chinese units have begun to arrive in Mandalay. Good news very very good news.

Malaya

DEI

I have moved some heavier bombers north of Kendari for a night time raid. Its one of the few airfields he isn’t bombing. They probably wont go up until tomorrow, hopefully they will put a nice fat bomb in the carriers he has at anchor there..

Australia

Delayed the 7th by 1 day. Back all the naval air up to Broome, they will likely take the rail to meet their carriers unless I get any other crazy ideas.

PM

Nothing new.

Noumea

Not much new..lots of supplies flowing in here…not a lot of troops yet..

PI

Solomon Islands

Coastal artillery is now a day out. Hopefully they can slide past a sub he has sitting there without too much trouble.

Carrier Group One.

Steaming towards Sydney

Carrier Group Two

Steaming south towards Auckland

12 days until Hornet is available.

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI