RE: Check this out... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

Tankerace -> RE: Check this out... (3/23/2005 3:02:29 AM)

WitP can (in theory) handle it, after all, subs can launch aircraft, so why can't tin cans? Though I believe it should be left out on the few US DDs so modified, as it was never deployed in combat.

Don Bowen -> RE: Check this out... (3/23/2005 4:33:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

WitP can (in theory) handle it, after all, subs can launch aircraft, so why can't tin cans? Though I believe it should be left out on the few US DDs so modified, as it was never deployed in combat.

Not sure - there might be special code for SS. How about cargo ships (as in AMC)??

Tankerace -> RE: Check this out... (3/23/2005 4:46:38 AM)

Nope. Capacity values in the editor relate to cargo on merchies, but aircraft capacity on warships.

eMonticello -> RE: Check this out... (3/23/2005 6:27:16 AM)

Any chance we can get the USS Robin upgrade?

[image]local://upfiles/5926/55093CF6BB114EAD8C2975891B798BF0.jpg[/image]

bstarr -> New Cruisers? (4/11/2005 5:09:55 AM)

Don,
While skimming the data annex for "Command at Sea" I found a couple of Jap Light Cruisers that didn't seem to be in the database. Ioshima and Yaoshima, 2500 ton CLs that were captured from the Chinese Navy in 1937 and rearmed by Japan. They're slow - only 22 knots - but Japan can always use a couple more warships. I have the stats if you're interested.
bs

Don Bowen -> RE: New Cruisers? (4/11/2005 5:17:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstarr

Don,
While skimming the data annex for "Command at Sea" I found a couple of Jap Light Cruisers that didn't seem to be in the database. Ioshima and Yaoshima, 2500 ton CLs that were captured from the Chinese Navy in 1937 and rearmed by Japan. They're slow - only 22 knots - but Japan can always use a couple more warships. I have the stats if you're interested.
bs

We originally decided to leave these two out and now, with a crunch on slots, they really have no hope.

Kereguelen -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Ship Data (4/11/2005 11:50:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: CobraAus

Don I am finding several destroyers fitted with sea plane rails mainly over rear turrets when looking for art, I have not looked yet but have any of the destroyers been given this capabilty to use scout planes
if historic would be very usefull

Cobra Aus

As far as I know this capability was never used in action. The U.S. abandoned it's test program and converted/re-ordered all units as regular Destroyers. I've seen conflicting reports as to the Dutch destroyers in the NEI - they have have retained the capability but I can find no record of it ever being used. Anyway- I don't think WITP can handle it.

Don

Hi,

was curious about the seaplane capability of the Dutch destroyers myself some time ago. According to my sources they did not carry seaplanes (or at least the fittings) anymore in 1941 (btw, your right, sources are indeed somewhat sketchy about this). I'm at work now, if you're still interested I could give you the exact source (some book about WW2 destroyers, but have forgetten the name of the author) when back at home.

K

Dutchgy2000 -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Ship Data (4/12/2005 2:15:13 AM)

All Dutch ships were stripped of their seaplanes because they were deemed to prone to explosion in surface engagements. Further more it was thought that as they were operating ´close to home´ as it were anyway the spotter role could be forfilled from landbased planes instead.

Although this is pretty much a command desission so I guess in game terms new command could want to reverse this desission.

Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI