How does the AI handle the game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930

von Murrin -> How does the AI handle the game? (2/5/2005 4:30:26 AM)

What the title says.

This looked like an absolute blast when it was just a simple mod, even more so now. PBEM is going to be tough this summer, so I'm curious as to whether the AI knows how to handle the war?

Tankerace -> RE: How does the AI handle the game? (2/5/2005 4:34:57 AM)

Well, I did a two month AI to AI test. The Allied AI was slow to respond, mainly trying to build up Pearl into a submarine base and cram assets into it. The Japanese AI had taken most of Luzon, and had forced a beachead into China. After Mike Wood finishes up the code I'll do a final batch of tests, but from what I have played so far the AI will still put up a good fight, thought the game may not last the full 4 and a half years. To fully see how the AI handles, I'd read the AI vs AI AAR I posted, it gives a fairly good view, though I did weaken Shanghai's defenses a little, to let the AI get a foothold. Also, I've noticed that sometimes it goes for Shanghai, other times Tsingtao. It still has a few kinks, but nothing that shouldn't be ironed out by release.

von Murrin -> RE: How does the AI handle the game? (2/5/2005 4:38:36 AM)

Yeah, I read that. Nice little preview, but not enough perspective for me to get the overall picture. But hey, as long as it's eventually willing to "come get some" I'll be happy.[:D]

Tankerace -> RE: How does the AI handle the game? (2/5/2005 4:43:37 AM)

Well, this weekend I'll try and let it run for a bout 4 or 5 months, see what it does. Then I'll post up an AAR. Besides, Ive made a lot of changes since then so I need to see what all happens anyway.

von Murrin -> RE: How does the AI handle the game? (2/5/2005 4:47:32 AM)

Cool.

Have fun and don't lose.[:'(]

Tankerace -> RE: How does the AI handle the game? (2/5/2005 4:48:06 AM)

LOL, I'll do an AI vs AI, so I can sleep and see what both AI's will do.

von Murrin -> RE: How does the AI handle the game? (2/5/2005 4:51:01 AM)

Even better.[:)]

I'll quit replying now so you can get on with life.[:D]

Tankerace -> RE: How does the AI handle the game? (2/5/2005 5:09:53 AM)

What's life? I have no life outside of wargaming and music [:D]

mlees -> RE: How does the AI handle the game? (2/5/2005 5:24:44 AM)

Ummm, there's always nudie bars...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI