RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Apollo11 -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/13/2005 12:55:56 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Gary put together the following lists of the impact of various leader ratings on different aspects of the game. Here it is:

LEADER RATINGS

SKILL:
skill roll by air unit leader effects pilot experience gain

MORALE:
morale Rolls effect number of patrol aircraft that fly
morale Rolls effect number of strike aircraft that fly
morale roll effects land unit fatigue reduction
morale roll effects land unit morale reduction due to fatigue
morale roll effects land unit element disabled due to fatigue
morale roll effects disabled land unit element destroyed due to fatigue
morale roll effects air unit morale recovery
morale roll by HQ leader effects attacking land unit assault value
morale roll by HQ leader effects defending land unit assault value
morale roll by unit leader effects attacking land unit assault value
morale roll by unit leader effects defending land unit assault value

NAVAL:
naval roll by ASW ship commander effects sub search (ASW TFs only)
naval roll by sub captain effects sub contact chance
naval rating by sub captain effects subs chance to survive ASW attack
naval roll by TF commander effects chance of "crossing T" in surface combat
naval roll by TF commander effects chance of attaining surprise in surface combat
naval roll by ship captain effects ship's chance of locating a target during surface combat

AIR:
air roll by group leader effects number of strike aircraft that fly
air roll by air HQ leader effects number of strike aircraft that fly
air roll by air HQ leader effects number of patrol aircraft that fly

LAND:
land roll by HQ leader effects attacking land unit assault value
land roll by HQ leader effects defending land unit assault value
land roll by unit leader effects attacking land unit assault value
land roll by unit leader effects defending land unit assault value
land roll by unit leader effects defending land unit's firing accuracy
land roll by unit leader effects defending land unit's experience gain
land roll by unit leader effects attacking land unit's firing accuracy
land roll by unit leader effects attacking land unit's experience gain
land rating of amphib HQ's leader effects chance of amphib unload success

ADMIN
admin roll by unit leader effects ability to use supply to reduce disruption and fatigue
admin roll by HQ leader effects ability to use support to reduce disruption and fatigue

AGGRESSION
aggression roll by TF commander effects chance of Bombard TF to change mission to Surf-Com
aggression roll by TF commander effects chance TFs will converge more rapidly in Surf-Com
aggression rating of sub captain effects chance of contacting enemy TFs

Many thanks for this list!

BTW, I always suspected that, additionally, leaders have their influence in how Air2Sea targeting is done (i.e. how air groups based on CVs and land based air groups choose their targets in target rich environment - when multiple enemy TF targets are present within range).

Is this my "imagination" only or, perhaps, this is as well simulated (this is not mentioned in list above)?

Thanks in advance!

Leo "Apollo11"

Sonny -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/14/2005 1:17:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mogami

Hi, I wonder why those things only happen to some players and not to others.
I have never had a CV TF run off to fight unless that it what I wanted it to do. (Yes I use the CV react order and also used it in UV)

Thats because you are so special.

How about the case where you are set to follow and the covered TF decides to head for home? The covering TF says "Home! Yeah" and heads for home leaving the covered TF no longer covered (unless they have the same home base and speed).

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/14/2005 1:56:17 AM)

Thanks Joel, that helped a bunch![:D]

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/14/2005 7:14:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mogami

Hi, I wonder why those things only happen to some players and not to others.
I have never had a CV TF run off to fight unless that it what I wanted it to do. (Yes I use the CV react order and also used it in UV)

You have never had the seperate CV TFs with follow orders act independently and close with enemy due to leaders aggressiveness while other CV TFs remain in hex? I find that unlikely, given the amount you play.

mogami -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/14/2005 7:35:09 AM)

Hi, Nope my CV do what I tell them. I have screwed up and lost CV but they were following orders.
My normal set up as Japan is 3 CV TF operating together. (while the USN CV are still around)

rhohltjr -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/14/2005 7:55:39 PM)

After reading this thread, I can state that I have yet(Allies : November 1943) to see any
news flash of one of my leaders getting a promotion or demotion(rank or rating wise).
I thought this was possible with leaders in Witp[sm=dizzy.gif][sm=terms.gif][sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]. I had numerous promotions with Pac War as did YOU.

Joel Billings -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/14/2005 11:50:44 PM)

To clarify, Inspiration equals Morale and Leadership equals Skill in the chart. Also, Gary could find no reference in the code for the Admin skill impacting ship repair.

Tanaka -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/15/2005 12:19:32 AM)

quote:

To clarify, Inspiration equals Morale and Leadership equals Skill in the chart. Also, Gary could find no reference in the code for the Admin skill impacting ship repair.

Thanks Joel! That sums it up for me! [:)]

Herrbear -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/15/2005 3:43:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Subchaser

Hey Subchaser. Nice map mod. I've been unising it for 2 weeks and won't go back to the original

Will you be updating the map based on Andrews LCU mod where he made the pwhex file match the map?

Andrew Brown -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/15/2005 4:29:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Herrbear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Subchaser

Hey Subchaser. Nice map mod. I've been unising it for 2 weeks and won't go back to the original

Will you be updating the map based on Andrews LCU mod where he made the pwhex file match the map?

Yes, something is being done about that - stay tuned...

von Murrin -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/15/2005 7:29:02 AM)

quote:

Thanks. That saves me some testing.[:)]

Apollo11 -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/16/2005 12:41:02 PM)

Hi all,

Shameless BUMP... [;)]

Any official answer to my question at the top of this page (page #2 in this thread)?

Leo "Apollo11"

kypros -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/16/2005 4:08:56 PM)

I'm looking at the spreadsheet on Spooky's site (posted Feb 11 by Scout1) and I see there are tabs for "large ground unit" and for "small ground unit".

I didn't realize that land leaders were split like that. What defines "large" and "small"??

Thanks,
Kypros

Admiral Scott -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/16/2005 5:42:54 PM)

So a leader's Air rating has no effect on anti-aircraft fire?

Joel Billings -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/16/2005 10:40:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Shameless BUMP... [;)]

Any official answer to my question at the top of this page (page #2 in this thread)?

Leo "Apollo11"

I didn't ask Gary specifically about your question, but he told me he looked for every instance where the leader variables showed up in the code. Unless he or Mike redefined the variable into a different name at some point in the code (not likely), the list posted is a complete list of leader effects.

Joel Billings -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/16/2005 10:44:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kypros

I'm looking at the spreadsheet on Spooky's site (posted Feb 11 by Scout1) and I see there are tabs for "large ground unit" and for "small ground unit".

I didn't realize that land leaders were split like that. What defines "large" and "small"??

Thanks,
Kypros

It's defined in the editor manual. Large is corps, divisions and brigades. Small is regiment and below.

foliveti -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/16/2005 11:01:58 PM)

quote:

It's defined in the editor manual. Large is corps, divisions and brigades. Small is regiment and below.

Does this mean that those of us who do not have the ambition to create our own scenarios should read through the editor manual to obtain a better picture of how the game works?

Apollo11 -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/16/2005 11:11:19 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

I didn't ask Gary specifically about your question, but he told me he looked for every instance where the leader variables showed up in the code. Unless he or Mike redefined the variable into a different name at some point in the code (not likely), the list posted is a complete list of leader effects.

Many thanks for info Joel!

BTW, now I know it was my imagination after all... [;)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Admiral Scott -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/17/2005 3:33:23 AM)

Joel Billings -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/18/2005 1:47:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Admiral Scott

Don't think so.

Rob322 -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/18/2005 1:58:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhohltjr

After reading this thread, I can state that I have yet(Allies : November 1943) to see any
news flash of one of my leaders getting a promotion or demotion(rank or rating wise).
I thought this was possible with leaders in Witp[sm=dizzy.gif][sm=terms.gif][sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]. I had numerous promotions with Pac War as did YOU.

My understanding was that personnel NEVER promoted, you were what you were when you got into the game. I have seen them increase in their ratings (both pilots and ships as well as individual leaders) but never change rank. I don't believe they will.

Admiral Scott -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/18/2005 6:11:45 AM)

What is a Carrier Task force leader's and/or Carrier Captain's Air rating used for?

The list only mentions air rolls for group leaders and HQ leaders, nothing about TF leaders.

ckk -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/18/2005 6:18:34 AM)

In Pacwar leaders were promoted. i have found no evidence this happens in WITP[:(]

michaelm75au -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/18/2005 11:25:57 AM)

I have seen some leaders have their rank go down (demoted) while looking at the leader bug issue. I don't know if this was intentional or a side affect of the bug.
Michael

Admiral Scott -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/22/2005 10:08:52 PM)

What is a Carrier Task force leader's and/or Carrier Captain's Air rating used for?

The list only mentions air rolls for group leaders and HQ leaders, nothing about TF leaders.

Joel Billings -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/23/2005 12:46:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Admiral Scott

Gary says:

The carrier TF leader acts as the air-HQ leader for carrier launched aircraft.

WhoCares -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/23/2005 11:54:12 AM)

quote:

Gary says:

Hey, this would make a great name for a serial post, like Bradys 'Name this...(x)'.
Maybe once a week a 'Gary says: (y)' with some hints and insights for WitP [:'(]

Edit: Of course, it should be more or less independant of current hot discussions.

Rainerle -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/23/2005 12:12:23 PM)

Hi, one question:
If I attack with several land units at once, but no HQ unit, which commander is in charge if the whole attack ? Is any or does each commander just care about his unit ?
Thanks for any replies !

esteban -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/24/2005 12:34:41 AM)

I am kind of surprised to see that you get no "rank bonus" for having an admiral command a TF over a captain or a Lt. Commander.

Oh well.

pasternakski -> RE: Impact of Leaders in WitP (2/24/2005 1:47:57 AM)

In a perfect world, maybe we would have seen a command experience rating that would have accounted for the ability of senior commanders to administer and apply large groups of assets like TFs, corps, and so on.

Maybe we would also have seen Marc Mitscher promoted to admiral rank.

And maybe monkeys would have flown out of my butt.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI