RE: Very carefully (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

donkuchi19 -> RE: Very carefully (4/8/2005 11:45:42 PM)

My wife goes to bed early and I stay up late. We have two kids and she runs them around a lot so she can spend time with the other moms. I play during the times she is gone. Works for us.

Brigz -> RE: Very carefully (4/9/2005 12:12:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim_H

My advice? Stay single and don't have kids if you want to be a wargamer! [:'(]

Jim

That's exactly what I did. Got married young, about 22, and my wife hated wargames and the guys I wargamed with. She thought it was the biggest waste of time and thought all my game buddies were losers. She even threatened to have an affair if I didn't stop gaming. I managed to stay married for about five years but enough was enough. That was nearly 30 years ago and she's been long gone and I never had any kids. Except for work and the occasional girlfriend I've completely spoiled myself and pretty much play whenever I want. The real amazing thing is that all my girlfirends since I got divorced have all been fascinated by my wargames. They don't want to play but think it's very interesting and praise me for being so "smart". Hah! I guess it's the marriage thing. When women have you sign a contract something changes and they will never let you be the same again. Hey, don't get me wrong. I love women, but that's all I do with them... unless of course they play wargames.

No BS guys. I'm a very lucky, single, wargamer and I've never regretted it. My wargames will keep me company when I'm old and grey and that ain't far off. I just hope I can still attract some old and grey women when I get there.

dbt1949_slith -> RE: Very carefully (4/9/2005 1:12:34 AM)

I'm on disability and stay home and game all I want. My wife does just about anything she wants to too if we have enough money.
The last few years she been computer gaming herself,but she likes the social games such as cards. Right now she's fairly well known as very good Texas Hold'em player. She's played against some of the world champions.She probably games on the computer more than I do! [;)]

Ilthuain -> RE: Very carefully (4/9/2005 1:51:01 AM)

My spouse games with me. We call it 'quality time'.

Sometimes being gay has advantages. Basketball on Valentines day, D.B.A. on the anniversary, and nothing beats a romantic evening of Ogre by the fireplace.

[:D]

rhondabrwn -> RE: Very carefully (4/9/2005 5:15:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ilthuain

Sometimes being gay has advantages. Basketball on Valentines day, D.B.A. on the anniversary, and nothing beats a romantic evening of Ogre by the fireplace.

And I'll bet you both have tons of disposable income to buy every game that gets published?

As for me, I dumped my husband 7 years ago, the kids have finally all grown up and moved out, and I can do whatever I feel like now! As a school teacher, I get summers off too!

Sarge -> RE: Very carefully (4/9/2005 5:19:03 AM)

Here is one for ya

Married, two Kids,Cubs season tickets a entrepreneur and to boot live on a small farm [X(]

I find myself spending my down time browsing a couple wargame forums. And rarely find time to sit down with the AI these days,but I do find myself trying to fit a PBEM turn in on my lunch [:D]

Goblin -> RE: Very carefully (4/9/2005 7:12:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ilthuain

LOL!! You sound just like my buddy Kirk. I am going to show him this so he can have a good 'I told ya so, Eric'. [:D]

Goblin

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI