Editor questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great

Khornish -> Editor questions (5/8/2005 7:18:09 PM)

I don't know how I missed mention of this game, but now that I know about it, I'll be camping it just as often as I camp the other Napoleonic games scheduled for release this year.

Now that my self introduction is over...

Will we be able to choose whether to detach the grenadier companies via the game editor? Or, will we have to change the organization around a bit to reflect this in a scenario? I see that mention has been made of detaching light companies as garrisons, but I'd like to do the same thing for grenadiers (as garrisons or to be grouped into elite battalions).

Can we set up a custom army organization within the editor and then export it outside the framework of a full scenario?

How many total elements per side are allowed in a scenario?

Sorry if these have been answered before. I sorta power perused both forums and may have missed it in my haste.

Le Tondu -> RE: Editor questions (5/8/2005 8:14:52 PM)

Terrific questions Khornish! [:)]

I don't think they've been asked before.

Another question would be : Can we break up an artillery company (battery) and send off a two gun section to a different location than the rest of the company?

The same could be asked for cavaly. Can we charge only a single squadron? Can we reconoiter with a single squadron? The list can go on.....

Khornish -> RE: Editor questions (5/8/2005 11:16:19 PM)

[:D]

I'd really like to see the squadrons as distinct elements, myself.

Bah.. what I really, really want is for all the development teams working on Napoleonic games with Matrix to get together with the people who did the War in the Pacific game and deliver a 1 turn = 1 day (up to 1 turn = 7 days) 1789-1830 game. Having the battles be resolved with a great tactical engine, an operational/campaign planning feature, strategic resource allocation, diplomacy, naval actions...my list of needs goes on and on.

I can always dream... <sigh>

Le Tondu -> RE: Editor questions (5/8/2005 11:47:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Khornish

[:D]................I can always dream... <sigh>

You sure can. [:)] --Until Matrix came along, that was all we could do.

This year ought to be pretty good as it looks like our dreams are beginning to pay off.

There are two that aren't worth mentioning (C2 &IG)

Those that ARE worth mentioning are "Les Grognards" (The developer used to part of MG,) "Crown of Glory", "EiA", and "Black Powder Wars: Battles Of Napoleon."
Rick

sol_invictus -> RE: Editor questions (5/9/2005 2:11:07 AM)

Ah, an IG refugee. If you want Napoleonics this year, this is the place to hang out. I still have some hope that IG will be ok if it is easily modded, but for serious Napoleonics, Matrix is carrying all the water. Don't forget about Campaigns of Napoleon sometime next year as well.

Khornish -> RE: Editor questions (5/9/2005 2:47:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

Don't forget about Campaigns of Napoleon sometime next year as well.

I've missed out on betatesting any of the Napoleonic computer games this year. I need a miracle to happen so I can get tapped to betatest the CoN game...

I need my Napoleonic fix... dang it!

sol_invictus -> RE: Editor questions (5/9/2005 4:29:03 AM)

I've been hankering for some good Napoleonics since the early 90's. It seems the clouds are about to open!

Le Tondu -> RE: Editor questions (5/9/2005 4:49:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

Ah, an IG refugee. If you want Napoleonics this year, this is the place to hang out. I still have some hope that IG will be ok if it is easily modded, but for serious Napoleonics, Matrix is carrying all the water. Don't forget about Campaigns of Napoleon sometime next year as well.

I was well turned off from IG by simply looking at their screenshots. It was easy to tell that it was a bust after a couple of looks.

Yes indeed. Thanks for reminding me about CoN.
Rick

Tim Coakley -> RE: Editor questions (5/10/2005 3:22:50 AM)

The scenario designer sets the number of sub-elements per unit in the editor.

A line battalion can be set to have 1 for example, and a light battalion to have 6.

The designer also sets the strength of the elements...so the designer could create units that can just be divided in half.

Cavalry, infantry and arty can all be set this way.

Campaigns of Napoleon note----just some paper thoughts at this point as the tactical game has taken longer than expected (I thought programmers worked 24/7). As long as the tactical game breaks even, CoN is next!

Tim

Khornish -> RE: Editor questions (5/10/2005 3:48:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Double Shot Design

The scenario designer sets the number of sub-elements per unit in the editor.

A line battalion can be set to have 1 for example, and a light battalion to have 6.

The designer also sets the strength of the elements...so the designer could create units that can just be divided in half.

Yes, but can the settings be exported or at least saved as an organization file? I don't want to have to redo all the previous work for each army each time I create a scenario.

Jagger2002 -> RE: Editor questions (5/10/2005 4:04:07 AM)

I agree with Kornish. It would be very nice to be able to save armies for import into other scenarios. Would save a lot of time in scenario creation.

When looking at the unit editor screen, I also didn't notice a unit copy option. It would be nice to create one battalion and then simply duplicate it for the remainder of the division. We could then tweak parameters of individual battalions as necessary.

So when is it going to be complete-Oct, Nov, Dec timeframe? Reading about this game forced me to break down and order Eckmuhl. I have never been a big fan of the old Battleground Napoleonics but I really need a dose of Napoleonics.

Tim Coakley -> RE: Editor questions (5/10/2005 8:39:25 PM)

Yes, you can save the OOB, the map, the AI... each part of a scenario as a separate file.

The OOB is for both sides in the scenario.

No comment on release date. We are working hard and fast!

2gaulle -> RE: Editor questions (5/11/2005 5:09:43 AM)

quote:

No comment on release date. We are working hard and fast!

But more important, seriously. [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI