Training and formations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great

Jagger2002 -> Training and formations (5/11/2005 8:12:24 AM)

I am wondering whether training levels will have an impact on available formations.

For example, square formations could move. However without a certain level of training, a unit would fall apart if attempting to maneuver using the square formation. Another example would be units in line having great difficult maneuvering due to lack of training. Those poorly trained units might be best used in column which can be effective with far less training.

Training seemed to be a very important factor in the efficiency of various types of formations. Wondering whether BON impliments a training level and impact on efficiency.

thanks

Tim Coakley -> RE: Training and formations (5/11/2005 5:35:10 PM)

Training has an effect on the combat power of a unit.

The game uses trainingand experience values so you can model various types of units. Highly trained units, poorly trained units with lots of experience...

The formations are not limited by the training value...but the designer can set the formations that a unit can enter in the editor. This gives more flexibility.

The designer can also access an action point penalty to reflect the fact that a poorly trained unit can do less in ten minutes (1 turn).

Using the moddable portions in teh editor will allow for creating almost any situation.

Hope that helps.

Jagger2002 -> RE: Training and formations (5/12/2005 7:06:07 AM)

Thanks DS.

I am very impressed at the depth of this simulation. You seem to be covering all the bases.

Assuming morale is separate as well, we should be able to simulate just about any unit.

Tim Coakley -> RE: Training and formations (5/19/2005 10:02:51 PM)

Morale is separate as well.

Tim

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI