Skirmish and Conter charge (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great

2gaulle -> Skirmish and Conter charge (5/12/2005 3:24:31 PM)

what's the rules for Skirmish and Cavalry Conter charge?

Le Tondu -> RE: Skirmish and Conter charge (5/12/2005 4:55:37 PM)

.....and can skirmishers charge as well?

How about skirmishers being charged. What happens to them? Can cavalry catch them?

I would have to say that with the game being we-go, much of the problems regarding counter charges (that we saw in other games) are gone.

2gaulle -> RE: Skirmish and Conter charge (5/12/2005 8:07:49 PM)

quote:

I would have to say that with the game being we-go, much of the problems regarding counter charges (that we saw in other games) are gone.

not all as there must have some reaction move, I hope so

Le Tondu -> RE: Skirmish and Conter charge (5/12/2005 8:31:21 PM)

2gaulle,
Remember that this is a we-go game. In a we-go game there are many "mini-turns" that will take place within a normal turn. Some of those "mini-turns" will be situationally based.

I am betting that when a cavalry unit charges the opportunity for counter-charging that unit will be automatically available to opposing cavalry units. Counter charging was a BIG part of that type of warfare and I can't believe that they would leave it out.

Also, I am betting that opportunity fire from artillery and infantry will be possible as well, depending upon the situation.

Tim Coakley -> RE: Skirmish and Conter charge (5/19/2005 10:04:46 PM)

The units each have a fire combat and a melee combat setting.

These settings are used to determine combat actions. For example, setting a unit to melee long range, will allow a cavalry unit to charge. Putting it on hold will keep it in one place.

Le Tondu -> RE: Skirmish and Conter charge (5/19/2005 10:47:12 PM)

OK, I set my French Carabiniers to melee long range. Does that mean that they will charge full bore from a long distance away, or do I have to have them move and gradually have them build up speed each turn?

---Or will things be similar to Combat Mission where we will plot movement? (ie. have the Carabiniers "move" to say 150 meters, have them "canter" to 100 meters, and then charge full bore.

The system seems pretty cool. It also seems like we will be able to fake charges as well to force an infantry unit into square (and then bring up the horse artillery.)

Thanks Tim.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI