RE: Nope (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Warfare1 -> RE: Nope (5/26/2005 4:47:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warfare1

quote:

I just wish I could jack that thing to around 1000 turns like I can with CIV3. Perhaps I can go back to the file in CIV3 and see if there's a similar file in CIV2 and adjust it.

You can easily make the default game in civ2 1000 turns and more if you want.

If you are playing the long game, then set up the paramaters for the scenario, load it up and then pull down the "Cheat" menu (found at the top of the map screen).

In the cheat menu you will be able to change lots of game settings: tech length, game turns, pollution, give more money to all AI players (makes for a tougher game), etc...

When you are done, then save the game as a scenario.

Then when you want to play it, just select this scenario as you would any other scenario.

Will this cost you any ranking in the HoF? It does in CIV3 if do any tampering (though the adjustment I was talking about doesn't affect it).

It's been a while since I played the long game (I tend to mod a lot of the scenarios I play).

But after you make the changes via the cheat menu, save the game as a scenario (also found at the bottom of the cheat menu).

If you extend the turn limit don't forget to lengthen the research time (the higher the number, the longer research takes - for example, 7/10 makes for longer research versus 2/10).

Charles2222 -> RE: Nope (5/27/2005 9:14:37 AM)

While I was going to say that while you did provide me more information you didn't answer my question, your answer does answer it between the lines. IOW, if you have extended the game, even just that, then naturally your HoF score would be higher, and since HoF is based on a set game, it's obvious that even if it does allow HoF scoring it would be basically a cheat to allow altered games to be in there since they're based on but a set length of game alongside the other set conditions.

ravinhood -> RE: Nope (5/27/2005 1:12:34 PM)

Awww who cares about a HOF, I just play for the enjoyment the game brings. More turns equals more fun, slower techs means longer play periods with the same combat units (I like this most). I play it mostly for the combat game and the fun of real spying and stealing techs. And then of course when it's finally over, launching all my ICBM's as I take off for Alpha Centauri. hehe If only I were president. (sinister grin).

Warfare1 -> RE: Nope (5/27/2005 10:07:18 PM)

quote:

While I was going to say that while you did provide me more information you didn't answer my question, your answer does answer it between the lines. IOW, if you have extended the game, even just that, then naturally your HoF score would be higher, and since HoF is based on a set game, it's obvious that even if it does allow HoF scoring it would be basically a cheat to allow altered games to be in there since they're based on but a set length of game alongside the other set conditions.

I wouldn't worry too much about that.

You can give yourself a 1000 or 2000 turn game (experiment a little), and you'll have a blast.

You can also give the other civs more money, additional units (and you can edit them), etc...

I have spent hundreds of years fighting with just the legions...

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI