Subchaser’s Map Mod V2 NOW AVAILABLE (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Subchaser -> Subchaser’s Map Mod V2 NOW AVAILABLE (6/22/2005 11:18:41 AM)

EDIT: MAP MOD VERSION 2.1.(final) will be available on Spooky's site 6/30!

Apollo11 -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/22/2005 11:34:29 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Subchaser

New version of the mod will be posted this weekend. New version will be 100% compatible with the latest patch 1.60. All changes will be reflected and map art will match map data again, so if you want to keep using my variant of the map you don’t have to mess with pwhex files, just wait till Saturday and then install updated version of the map. Map will be suitable for playing all official scenarios and scenario mods based on official map.

In the case if you don’t want to download new version of the map art… then after installing the patch you should reinstall the pwhex.dat file created by Andrew Brown for my variant of the official map (Thanks again Andrew!). You can download that file from here

Andrew Brown’s WitP site

Please note, if you use this map data file, your pbem opponent should use it also. This issue is not critical but can cause some confusion.

I recommend to download new version of the map art, this is the simplest way. After installing the patch you just drop those bmps into your ART folder and that’s all. Since my mod is just a cosmetic your pbem opponents do not have to use it. No data files included, it’s just a skin job.

Btw, should I add industry/resources symbols to no_hex variant? Any other suggestions?

Oh my... while I was typing my message to you here (new thread) you posted answer on your own... what can I say... [:)]

IMHO, you should do (if possible):

Your version of map art with HEXes and added industry/resources symbols

Your version of map art without HEXes and added industry/resources symbols

Your version of map art with HEXes (i.e. without any additional symbols)

Your version of map art without HEXes (i.e. without any additional symbols)

Thanks _IMMENSLY_ !!! [&o][&o][&o]

Leo "Apollo11"

medicff -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/22/2005 1:35:32 PM)

Thank you so much! I love your map graphics.[:D][:D][:D]

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/22/2005 1:44:16 PM)

what can I say - what an freaking awesome support !!! [:)]

thanks again !

SuperKing -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/22/2005 1:52:12 PM)

Btw, should I add industry/resources symbols to no_hex variant? Any other suggestions?

[/quote]

Is there any chance of using "the Kid's" map font(from his unfinished map mod)?It's very sharp & nice looking.
Anyway,your map is great as it is,though.Keep up the good work.[&o]

Andrew Brown -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/22/2005 2:14:10 PM)

quote:

New version of the mod will be posted this weekend. New version will be 100% compatible with the latest patch 1.60. All changes will be reflected and map art will match map data again, so if you want to keep using my variant of the map you don’t have to mess with pwhex files, just wait till Saturday and then install updated version of the map. Map will be suitable for playing all official scenarios and scenario mods based on official map.

Fantastic! Thanks Subchaser. I was just about to write a message about how to handle upgrading to v1.6 while using your map, and you have provided the best possible solution.

Andrew

Erik Rutins -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/22/2005 4:44:32 PM)

I use your map myself so I'm very glad to hear this news. Thanks! [8D]

Crimguy -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/22/2005 5:07:32 PM)

Your map is the best IMHO. Really easy on the eyes, and tastefully drawn.

Apollo11 -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/22/2005 5:13:14 PM)

Hi all,

One additional thing (if possible)...

Can you please check and re-draw HEXes that are currently shown as purely ground HEXes while in fact they contain both land and sea?

The most glaring example is "Khota Bharu" which looks really ugly (when ships go into it) because there is not even a dot of blue paint denoting sea... [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
Have no idea why my attached picture didn't want to show the first time around...

[image]local://upfiles/3416/C3D64757709B475BA6523A811518034E.gif[/image]

jhdeerslayer -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/22/2005 6:58:57 PM)

Glad to hear as you are my hero with this map that I use.

myros -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/22/2005 9:35:39 PM)

Nice to see my base map work getting the needed updates and tweeks.
I use Subs version myself :)

Myros

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/23/2005 12:01:09 AM)

Andrey, are you/have you done the CHS map of Andrew's in your style? With Panama etc?

invernomuto -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/23/2005 12:49:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: myros

Nice to see my base map work getting the needed updates and tweeks.
I use Subs version myself :)

Myros

Subchaser's map + your icons (Jap + US) are the best graphic mod for this game IMHO.

[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]

Subchaser -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/23/2005 1:17:57 AM)

Leo, four variants it’s 170mb! I can do it but I’m afraid Spooky doesn’t have enough webspace to host them all.

quote:

Can you please check and re-draw HEXes that are currently shown as purely ground HEXes while in fact they contain both land and sea?

I will, it would be great if you point out other such hexes

Thanks for your kind words everyone!

Myros I’m taking my hat off sir! Thanks a lot for your job! [:)]

Subchaser -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/23/2005 1:20:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuperKing
Is there any chance of using "the Kid's" map font(from his unfinished map mod)?It's very sharp & nice looking.
Anyway,your map is great as it is,though.Keep up the good work.[&o]

It’s indeed sharp and nice looking, but it’s too large IMHO, I’m sure Kid will switch to a smaller one if he will ever return to this his project. Large fonts overpower the map in the crowded areas like China or Malaya. Take a look at this, 12,5pts font and it already grabs all your attention and doesn’t let to focus on anything else.

[image]local://upfiles/7985/FB8D1AC4D4AF4247A313FBF44628FC2E.jpg[/image]

Subchaser -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/23/2005 1:22:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Andrey, are you/have you done the CHS map of Andrew's in your style? With Panama etc?

Not yet Ron, it requires a lot of time, I have to draw new map actually, that’s not easy (if it’s going to be a worthy map). I can’t even say when it will be done, I don’t have enough free time just to play this game last months… However, I’ve created light blue version of AB’s map (temporary solution), it’s a bit more eyes friendly IMHO. I can ask Andrew to host this variant… and even add symbols and change fonts, that won’t take too much time, let me know.

[image]local://upfiles/7985/182CC7B102E34B078C6EFDBDE5A994E3.jpg[/image]

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/23/2005 2:39:45 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Not yet Ron, it requires a lot of time, I have to draw new map actually, that’s not easy (if it’s going to be a worthy map). I can’t even say when it will be done, I don’t have enough free time just to play this game last months… However, I’ve created light blue version of AB’s map (temporary solution), it’s a bit more eyes friendly IMHO. I can ask Andrew to host this variant… and even add symbols and change fonts, that won’t take too much time, let me know.

[image]local://upfiles/7985/182CC7B102E34B078C6EFDBDE5A994E3.jpg[/image]

That's a little easier on my eyes. I like the way Andy did the map regardless but the colour was a bit hard. This might do nicely.

bilbow -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/23/2005 4:04:03 AM)

quote:

I will happily wait till Saturday (or whenever). Thanks for the quick update to this great map.

Apollo11 -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/23/2005 2:12:03 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

Leo, four variants it’s 170mb! I can do it but I’m afraid Spooky doesn’t have enough webspace to host them all.

Then just first two (as usual)?

Your version of map art with HEXes and added industry/resources symbols

Your version of map art without HEXes and added industry/resources symbols

quote:

quote:

I will, it would be great if you point out other such hexes

I will do that - thank you!!! [&o][&o][&o]

Gentleman - you heard the _MAN_ - please let him know if there are any other "problematic" HEXes on map!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/24/2005 7:51:07 PM)

Hi all,

Like I promissed here is a list of HEXes that I think would benefit from more sea pixels (i.e. bluish paint):

84, 32 - Petropavlovsk
69, 37 - west of Sapporo
49, 44 - east of Tainan
29, 31 - west of Pagan
18, 21 - Madras
20, 47 - Bankha
53, 91 - Port Moresby
48, 92
46, 109 - Rockhampton
38, 125 - Sydney
33, 127
28, 125 - Melbourne

I hope this can help you "Subchaser"!

Leo "Apollo11"

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/25/2005 2:46:20 PM)

*bump* - because its important [:D]

Rocco -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/25/2005 8:17:39 PM)

hello

I use your old version of the map, love it by the way.

I thought that your map was simply cosmetic. I have a pbem game going and have upgraded to 1.6 (started in 1.5). I have no
idea if my opponent uses your map. I planned on updating to your knew map when it comes out. So, a couple questions:

If my opponent doesn't use your map but I do, can serious problems occur?

If I update to your new map version, do I need to update pwhex still?

Note: I don't use any mods except graphic changes (your map and Cobra's ship sides)

Thanks a lot for the map, it really is the best looking one around. [:)]

Rocco

general billy -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/25/2005 10:12:26 PM)

This is something I need to know too. Great Map btw [&o]

Apollo11 -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/25/2005 10:18:31 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rocco
I thought that your map was simply cosmetic. I have a pbem game going and have upgraded to 1.6 (started in 1.5). I have no
idea if my opponent uses your map. I planned on updating to your knew map when it comes out. So, a couple questions:

If my opponent doesn't use your map but I do, can serious problems occur?

"Subchaser's" map is 100% cosmetic (and so beautiful that we all _ADORE_ it)!

Therefore it is of no importance whatsoever if you use original Matrix/2By3 map or "Subchaser's" map (or if your opponent is using one or another)!

But, the problem is that neither original (Matrix/2By3) map nor "Subchaser's" map is "real" - let me explain - it is of _NO_ importance what we see as graphics representation of a HEX - the HEX value is what matters (i.e. the code you see when you press "2" on keyboard in game).

What "Subchaser" will now do is to close his map graphics much closer to what actual underlying map data realy is!

I hope this helps...

Leo "Apollo11"

general billy -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/25/2005 10:40:03 PM)

So that means we can run PBEM turns using it and it wont have any effect on the game? And my opponent doesnt need the new map with HEX value changes to continue play?

Apollo11 -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/25/2005 10:44:18 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: general billy

So that means we can run PBEM turns using it and it wont have any effect on the game? And my opponent doesnt need the new map with HEX value changes to continue play?

Yes.

It means exactly that... it is all pure "eye candy" for our visual pleasure...

Leo "Apollo11"

Subchaser -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/26/2005 12:07:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Like I promissed here is a list of HEXes that I think would benefit from more sea pixels (i.e. bluish paint):

84, 32 - Petropavlovsk
69, 37 - west of Sapporo
49, 44 - east of Tainan
29, 31 - west of Pagan
18, 21 - Madras
20, 47 - Bankha
53, 91 - Port Moresby
48, 92
46, 109 - Rockhampton
38, 125 - Sydney
33, 127
28, 125 - Melbourne

I hope this can help you "Subchaser"!

Leo "Apollo11"

it is done, thanks for your help Leo

Subchaser -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/26/2005 12:13:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: general billy

So that means we can run PBEM turns using it and it wont have any effect on the game?

Yes... you can and it won't

quote:

And my opponent doesnt need the new map with HEX value changes to continue play?

It doesn't matter what map art you use, it just can't cause any data problems. Just make sure you're both have the same pwhex.dat file...

Apollo11 -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/26/2005 12:15:55 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

it is done, thanks for your help Leo

Thank you! [&o][&o][&o]

Leo "Apollo11"

Subchaser -> RE: Subchaser’s Map Mod and patch 1.60 (6/26/2005 11:57:35 PM)

Version 2 is on the way to Spooky, will be available for download soon…

Samples with the fixes done

[image]http://user.rol.ru/~subchase/v2_screenie1.jpg[/image]

[image]http://user.rol.ru/~subchase/v2_screenie2.jpg[/image]

I'll post report with more details a little bit later

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI