Best Chase Scene in a film (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Terminus -> Best Chase Scene in a film (8/9/2005 8:55:47 PM)

It doesn't matter if it's cars, planes, horses, blimps, go-carts or giant fruit bats, post it here.

My favourite: the final chase scene in The Blues Brothers; unsurpassed in violence, without people actually being killed. Soooooo many police cruisers smashed to pieces. [:D]Beautiful![&o]

RBWhite -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/9/2005 9:13:24 PM)

Every episode of the"A" Team that had Col. Decker chasing the team.

The Cannonball run movies.

The Gauntlet.

Hertston -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/9/2005 9:17:23 PM)

No contest, the car chase in "Bullitt".

IronDuke_slith -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 1:02:19 AM)

The Python Movie sketch where a condemned man gets to choose his own method of execution and chooses getting chased off a cliff edge by a bevy of Gorgeous Girls who are wearing nothing but a crash helmet and a G-string.

IronDuke

P.S. They was big girls as well......[;)]

Big B -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 1:49:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronDuke

The Python Movie sketch where a condemned man gets to choose his own method of execution and chooses getting chased off a cliff edge by a bevy of Gorgeous Girls who are wearing nothing but a crash helmet and a G-string.

IronDuke

P.S. They was big girls as well......[;)]

IronDuke, I don't think anyone can top that![:D]

B

Sarge -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 2:01:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

No contest, the car chase in "Bullitt".

[&o]

Totally agree, first scene that came to mind

ilovestrategy -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 3:38:47 AM)

The car chase in Bullitt. OMG that was an awesome car chase. without the cheesy explosions and music you see in today's chases.

diesel7013 -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 4:09:48 AM)

French Connection --- Lt. 'Popeye' Doyle / Gene Hackman...

And I liked the chase scene in Firefox - lowlevel Mach 2!!!!

Sarge -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 5:20:28 AM)

Top three of all time

1) Bullitt

2) Gone In sixty Seconds (the original not the remake) w/the yellow Mustang

3) Vanishing Point (again the original not the remake)

Sarge -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 5:27:58 AM)

Check this link out [&o]

**LINK**

the original Gone In Sixty Seconds [&o]

RUPD3658 -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 5:36:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: diesel7013

French Connection --- Lt. 'Popeye' Doyle / Gene Hackman...

Everyone mentions this movie but I hated it. I teach pursuit driving at the academy and I was not impressed by this scene. You could see that the film was speeded up.

I agree that the Blues Brothers is the best. I like the chase inside the mall best![:D]

stevemk1a -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 8:28:10 AM)

Howabout the epic chase in the ending scenes of the "Road Warrior" I don't know how it stands up with todays CGI effects, but it was pretty cool (if a bit over the top and cartoony [;)]) at the time.

[image]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/panzerwilly/233288.jpg[/image]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 11:47:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

the final chase scene in The Blues Brothers; unsurpassed in violence, without people actually being killed. Soooooo many police cruisers smashed to pieces. [:D]Beautiful![&o]

There is no other chase scene than the BB one.

We can close this thread now, the discussion is over [:D]

Tankerace -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 11:52:40 AM)

Great... I read this thread, now I have to dig out my DVD.

Da da da da da da do da da, da da..... hmmm, I guess I can't type the theme and it sound like I'm humming it can I? [:D]

SemperAugustus -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 3:12:07 PM)

How about the car chase in the new Bourne Supremacy? In older movies I like the ski chases in On Her Majesty's Secret Service and the French Connection (Doyle vs. railroad car)

Barthheart -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 3:16:33 PM)

Bullitt is the best but close second is Ronin, third is Blues Brothers mall scene.

bradfordkay -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 6:51:32 PM)

My vote is for Ronin. For sheer artistry in driving, it can't be beat.

DoughBoy -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/10/2005 10:06:25 PM)

How about the aerial chase in Capricorn One?

parusski -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/11/2005 1:17:04 AM)

YES Bullitt has the best scene. Hands down.

Rooster -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/11/2005 5:20:59 AM)

I used to think French Connection, but I had this very argument with some friends at work. After watching Bullitt, I changed my mind. French Connection is a far better film though.

ilovestrategy -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/11/2005 7:11:40 AM)

I agree Rooster. The chase scene in Bullitt is way better but the French Connection is a better film. Seeing the Blues Brothers checking out the stores in that mall was pretty funny though [:D]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/11/2005 7:22:47 AM)

Bullit

French Connection was good because of the editing and because Hackman is so good. Certainly, it is the only movie where I have seen a car chase a train from underneath

Rooster -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/11/2005 10:03:53 PM)

The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year!

Terminus -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/11/2005 10:05:46 PM)

[sm=00000280.gif]

ilovestrategy -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/12/2005 6:22:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rooster

ROFL!!!!!

Marc von Martial -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/12/2005 11:36:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rooster

Classic ROFL.

degen -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/14/2005 10:13:22 AM)

For comedy, I have always liked "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World." (Possibly missing a "Mad" there in the title.) The entire movie is chase scene, although some parts digress in places, such as the destruction of the gas station scene. The actors in it were some of the biggest comedians of the time.

rhondabrwn -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/14/2005 8:56:34 PM)

How about the final chase scene in Waterhole #9 (with James Coburn). A strange amalgamation of Cavalry, Indians, Prostitutes, Cowboys, and City Dudes all chasing the treasure on horseback, buckboard, and (if I remember correctly) a balloon!

Gotta get that movie added to my NetFlix queue. Haven't seen it in years and years, but I still remember the theme song "Code of the West" by (I think) Roger Miller.

ilovestrategy -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/15/2005 12:31:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: degen

For comedy, I have always liked "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World." (Possibly missing a "Mad" there in the title.) The entire movie is chase scene, although some parts digress in places, such as the destruction of the gas station scene. The actors in it were some of the biggest comedians of the time.

Oh, my wife and kid are so tired of me throwing that DVD in a laughing my <bleep!> off everytime I watch it. That was a really good chase scene of those 2 taxi cabs chasing Captain Culpepper. There was one part where one guy in an alley waited till the veeeery instant before jumping out of the way out of one of the cars. Classic.

rhondabrwn -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/15/2005 6:37:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: degen

Oh, my wife and kid are so tired of me throwing that DVD in a laughing my <bleep!> off everytime I watch it. That was a really good chase scene of those 2 taxi cabs chasing Captain Culpepper. There was one part where one guy in an alley waited till the veeeery instant before jumping out of the way out of one of the cars. Classic.

Yea, that was priceless! Spencer Tracy was excellent in that movie.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI