Starvation Oddities (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

Culiacan Mexico -> Starvation Oddities (8/12/2005 7:52:16 AM)

Starvation Oddities

I was just tinkering around with Russia (1792). The situation I started with was a peaceful Russia, with a sizable army of low moral, supported by a poor economy. I decided to build my economy and attempt to field ‘quality’ units, and since I don’t see any disbanded command, I decided to eliminate my low quality units by starving them: throw them into an area with a low foraging level and let them wither away. Unfortunately, the computer kept refilling the units with new recruits so I decided to merge division each turn leaving me with some division with no man power that for the most part the computer would then eliminate. So far so good.

Now the oddity. Many of the division that I had refilled by merging them with other division were making improvements in moral… dramatic improvements. While the Russian start with one Guard division I was able to create two more and also have a number of other very highly rate divisions: Infantry divisions 6-7+ and a couple of cavalry divisions 9+. All within 3-4 years and without ever fighting a battle or actually building a unit. (The Feudal Levy kept supplying me with starvation fodder).

I will note the following: recruitment is 2%, 21-30 years old, with training at 48 months.

I am not saying this is not how the game is supposed to work… it just seems odd to me.

PS. I wish there was the ability to disbanded units and also a little toggle switch that would stop individual units from receiving replacements.

Joram -> RE: Starvation Oddities (8/12/2005 6:16:31 PM)

I think part of it is your high morale recruits. However, I seem to remember someone saying that the ability to create guards in this manner is a bug.

carburo -> RE: Starvation Oddities (8/12/2005 6:47:08 PM)

High quality reinforcements push your units morale up. Oddly enough, if you manually transfer guys from a low morale unit to a better one, it doesn’t seem to lower its morale.
In my experience, you can create guard units by reinforcing regular nfantry, but you can lose the guard status the same way. Once I reinforce one of my guards with guys from the other unit and the reinforced one became a regular infantry. The strange thing here is that both units had the same high morale, so I can’t explain why the reinforced unit went from 8+ to 6; especially because, as I said above, transfering guys doesn’t seem to affect the morale of regular infantry.
I think currently a guard is simply a unit with morale>8. Any infantry going over this threshold becames a guard, but a guard going below it revert to regular infantry. However, I don’t know if guards created this way have the same morale booster effect that guards built the regular way.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI