Quiet...the awful quiet (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Speedysteve -> Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 12:06:55 PM)

Hi all,

I've noticed its been getting quieter and quieter around here of late. Is just the holiday season or are people moving onto other games? Ou est le Mods etc?

Discuss.

Steven

marky -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 12:16:07 PM)

start of scool/college plus holiday me thinx[:'(]

patrickl -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 12:25:05 PM)

Hi Speedy,

Yeah, it is quiet. I hope we don't have to resort to starting threads like how to tackle our teenage children problems, etc. [:(] Maybe we need to start a tournament - the winnng Japanese player gets to fly to Hawaii and visit Pearl Harbour[:D]

FeurerKrieg -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 12:27:56 PM)

Not moving onto other games, I just got started!! I know I've been busy playing the game, so don't have as much time to troll the boards.

kellyc -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 12:29:59 PM)

Last minute vacations I think, getting mine in right now.

I did however, have two opponents disappear, only hoping their on vacation or I'll have to go find some fresh meat.

Kelly

Apollo11 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 12:53:21 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

Hi all,

I've noticed its been getting quieter and quieter around here of late. Is just the holiday season or are people moving onto other games? Ou est le Mods etc?

Discuss.

Steven

Steven, although it is a littele quieter here lately I think this is primarily because of summer... [:)]

BTW, the WitP forum is still (and continues to be even now in summer) the bussiest forum... [sm=00000436.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

mc3744 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 1:04:05 PM)

I noticed the same.
I believe holidays are a reason.
I'm definitely not moving to another game, I have yet to see 1943 for the first time!! [8|]
The furthest I got with my PBEMs is September '42 [:'(]

My AAR is getting cold due to GH been on holiday, he may not be the only one.

treespider -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 1:34:03 PM)

Been working on CHS v1.x...Chinese changes...... speaking for myself...

As for others Matrix's CoG has been mentioned.

captskillet -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 2:05:42 PM)

quote:

Is just the holiday season

What holiday??? the only holiday around here this time of year is Labor Day and that isnt until next weekend and that isnt a 'real' holiday (on the lines of X-mas, T'giving or July 4th). I would love to see a 'holiday' from this heat.........it was 104 here yesterday[:@] (thats a pic of my head after going outside and mowing the grass)

MarcA -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 2:09:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc3744

I noticed the same.
I believe holidays are a reason.
I'm definitely not moving to another game, I have yet to see 1943 for the first time!! [8|]
The furthest I got with my PBEMs is September '42 [:'(]

1943. I'm playing two PBEM's and I am still waiting to see 1942. [:'(]

A conservative extimate would be that we will still be playing these in 6 years time, real time that is. Assuming no-one sneaks a win in before 45. After I have finished these I will probably try the CHS. No, I think I will be around for a little while longer yet.

Speedysteve -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 2:24:03 PM)

Are Erik/Mike etc not on the forum due to other work/games?

Wasn't Frag moving house or having issues of some sort? Were they sheep related? [;)]

frank1970 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 2:24:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

quote:

Is just the holiday season

What holiday??? the only holiday around here this time of year is Labor Day and that isnt until next weekend and that isnt a 'real' holiday (on the lines of X-mas, T'giving or July 4th). I would love to see a 'holiday' from this heat.........it was 104 here yesterday[:@] (thats a pic of my head after going outside and mowing the grass)

Some European countries have holiday in summer.

Speedysteve -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 2:32:55 PM)

Definitely Frank.

In the UK it's heavily related to school holidays which run for 6 weeks from Mid-julyish to beginning of September. During this time a lot of people got on holiday to warmer climates and I especially notice it at work (IT Sales)....quiet oh so quiet = more time for forums!

captskillet -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 2:36:01 PM)

Oh you mean by holiday 'vacation'........most American also vacation in the summer.schools out here generally from end of May till middle of August.

Speedysteve -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 2:38:18 PM)

Yes Capt. Vacation

End of may to August [X(] You lazy &*"£%(^*£^* [:D]

mc3744 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 3:03:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Oh you mean by holiday 'vacation'........most American also vacation in the summer.schools out here generally from end of May till middle of August.

How come my boss in Silicon Valley is never on holiday?!? [&:]
Tell him that! Please [;)]

Terminus -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 3:35:31 PM)

It's probably vacation related, although things have slowed down markedly lately. Once autumn kicks in, we'll hopefully get back into high gear. I can't imagine that the WitP board will just wither away, it's been too active.

sprior -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 4:07:06 PM)

quote:

Are Erik/Mike etc not on the forum due to other work/games?

Wasn't Frag moving house or having issues of some sort? Were they sheep related? [;)]

I believe Mike is being kept busy with War in the East and some War Plan Orange stuff. Some of us are testing WPO too...

Speedysteve -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 4:22:51 PM)

Howz that going Sprior?

Mattremote -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 4:37:50 PM)

Down here in the bottom hemisphere, it's just about the end of Winter! [8D]

jvgfanatic -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 4:47:44 PM)

Also new here, just engaged in reading at the moment. Good to see such a strong community around this game, that is part of what compelled me to make the purchase.

RevRick -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 5:02:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mattremote

And we in sweltering South Georgia, USA, are looking forward to the first really strong cold wave - heat indices in the 110's for the past three weeks, and I live near salt water marshes. Humidity is nearly as outrageous as the sand gnats. The mosquito seems to have taken a holiday due to the heat, fortunately.

sprior -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 5:44:17 PM)

quote:

Howz that going Sprior?

Don't know if I'm allowed to say... but I'm having fun. Just started a PBEM game of the 1922 - 1926 campaign. The absence of effective aircraft takes some getting used to!

Mike Solli -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 6:12:50 PM)

Any idea when they're expecting WPO to come out? Will it be a stand alone game or will you need WitP to play it?

Gem35 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 6:15:24 PM)

WPO is stand alone as for the forums being quiet, shouldnt you rephrase that to where is Uncle Frag and the others? [;)]

Skyros -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 6:19:18 PM)

Been hotter then h@ll here in Columbia SC, with afternoon storms to raise the humidity higher. My kids have been in school since August 8th., though they get off before Memorial day.
quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mattremote

And we in sweltering South Georgia, USA, are looking forward to the first really strong cold wave - heat indices in the 110's for the past three weeks, and I live near salt water marshes. Humidity is nearly as outrageous as the sand gnats. The mosquito seems to have taken a holiday due to the heat, fortunately.

Speedysteve -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 6:21:16 PM)

Gem i've already mentioned Frag and his sheep. I think they are to blame

Apollo11 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 6:36:49 PM)

Hi all,

It's 5:30 PM (Central European Time) and look how many of us are here:

Apollo11, Feinder, Iridium, Gem35, Mogami, flak, Drex, Speedy, Nikademus, treespider, Nomad, general billy, ian77, String, Buick II, MSGRob, Bradley7735, ADM Halsey, mullk, Bendarek, WhoCares, Damien Thorn, mc3744, Roger Neilson, marky, Rainer, Stavka_lite, EUBanana, Twotribes, barnacle bob, hunchback77, Jaws43, apbarog, Arstavidios

What other forum can sport so many users (and it is summer)? [:D]

Leo "Apollo11"

Gem35 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 6:40:02 PM)

I'm thinking most of the folks here are secretly here instead of finishing their reports that need to be on the boss's desk by 1:00 pm sharp ! But don't include me, I am off from tuesdays through fridays [sm=00000436.gif]

Speedysteve -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 6:43:52 PM)

Not too far off Gem. I'm at work but its genuinely quiet at the mo

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI