New Games Using WitP Engine (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Ranse -> New Games Using WitP Engine (9/21/2005 5:29:16 AM)

I have been trying to develop a game based on the Russo-Japanese War and many of my ideas would fit nicely with the War in the Pacific engine, with most modifications being in weapons/units data and map. Could you at Matrix Games develop games of the Civil War, Russo-Japanese/Sino-Japanese Wars, and/or WWI using the game mechanics of WitP? I would be willing to help all I can, since I have done much research on these historical events already.

tsimmonds -> RE: New Games Using WitP Engine (9/21/2005 5:33:49 AM)

quote:

Russo-Japanese/Sino-Japanese Wars

No, but you could do it yourself, using the editor. What a great idea! Hey, Tankerace....!!!

Yellow Sea......Tsushima.....Port Arthur......<<drool>>[X(]

sprior -> RE: New Games Using WitP Engine (9/21/2005 5:50:12 AM)

Look at War Plan Orange!

Tankerace -> RE: New Games Using WitP Engine (9/21/2005 5:55:31 AM)

Actually, behind the scenes about 3 months ago I started collecting stuff for an RJW scenario. The way I want to do it is as a free official download for owners of WPO. Basically, I was thinking 2 or three small scenarios, and then a large year and a half campaign, covering the entire theater, from Japan to well north of Korea.

The great bonus is that much of the Japanese art is already done, as several Japanese ships in the RJW are in WPO.

tsimmonds -> RE: New Games Using WitP Engine (9/21/2005 5:55:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Look at War Plan Orange!

Well, yabbut, this other stuff really happened!

Slaughtermeyer -> RE: New Games Using WitP Engine (9/21/2005 7:04:50 AM)

In 1977 SPI published a boardgame on the Russo-Japanese War which included both the land and naval aspects of the war. The land war was done on a divisional level.
I had the game but unfortunately sold it [:@].
You can see the unit counters from the game by clicking here and then on the appropriate links:
http://isimulacrum.com/game.php?gid=3195

Edit: I even played a computer game of the battle of Tsushima on the C-64, I think that one was by Avalon Hill (yes, I'm that old).

Ranse -> RE: New Games Using WitP Engine (12/29/2005 7:15:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

Actually, behind the scenes about 3 months ago I started collecting stuff for an RJW scenario. The way I want to do it is as a free official download for owners of WPO. Basically, I was thinking 2 or three small scenarios, and then a large year and a half campaign, covering the entire theater, from Japan to well north of Korea.

The great bonus is that much of the Japanese art is already done, as several Japanese ships in the RJW are in WPO.

I thought of that but I think the scale should be reduced from 60 mi/hex.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI