Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

jvgfanatic -> Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/15/2005 11:42:45 PM)

Some of these sigs (War Plan Orange is just one example) are like billboards. The posters post one line of post and then the rest of the 200 pixels of that message is an advertisement for either themselves (get a life) or a game they are testing or like (hey, we all like these games or we wouldn't be here).

I see that there's a way in "speed settings" to hide a poster's avatar but those don't take up valuable vertical space.

Sarge -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 3:31:29 AM)

[:D]

Trigger Happy -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 4:35:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

[:D]

bah... nevermind

Bodhi -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 5:43:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jvgfanatic
I see that there's a way in "speed settings" to hide a poster's avatar but those don't take up valuable vertical space.

Checking the "Don't Show Image in posts" options in the "speed settings" gets rid of them, as well as any useful images unfortunately.

rhondabrwn -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 8:43:53 AM)

I certainly do not want to offend anyone, but I would also have to express my own boredom with seeing the same monstrous sized sigs scrolling across my screen. Something may be really witty and graphically excellent the first couple of times that I see it, but after that..... [>:]

If you are going to have a huge sig, I would like to request that you change it out every few days and put something fresh up for viewing.

Sarge -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 9:12:13 AM)

Guys don't you think this is a little crazy, your going on about what members have as a sig [&:].
I mean I can see if it was is offensive but a sig/banner of a game the member likes or is working on.

You know whats offensive is someone telling members that have them to "get a life"

DandricSturm -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 6:51:07 PM)

I change my sig and my avatar every few days or so because I get tired of them.

Veldor -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 8:45:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DandricSturm

Not everyone has that capability....

And today I will be.... "Chicken Little Games"

Can someone make me a new logo and banner please?

Moquia -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 9:14:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veldor

quote:

ORIGINAL: DandricSturm

Not everyone has that capability....

And today I will be.... "Chicken Little Games"

Can someone make me a new logo and banner please?

Well you could try compressing it a little.

[image]local://upfiles/12935/9FD7A5FF12C7444398B755B8228D2937.jpg[/image]

jvgfanatic -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 11:04:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

Guys don't you think this is a little crazy, your going on about what members have as a sig [&:].
I mean I can see if it was is offensive but a sig/banner of a game the member likes or is working on.

You know whats offensive is someone telling members that have them to "get a life"

Okay okay :) I apologize for that little tidbit. Honestly though, I think a picture of what I was seeing when I wrote that might be in order. Name obliterated to protect the not so innocent. And I totally respect that the poster has been here for a long time and can advertise the bejeebus out of his proggy as much as he wants :D.

[img]http://www.jvgfanatic.com/matrixforumsigs.jpg[/img]

Bill Durrant -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 11:28:18 PM)

I don't think removing Tankerace's name will stop us realising who the developer of WPO is[:D]

I quite like the sigs but must admit on the odd occasion I have logged in from a dial up connection they are a pain in the butt.

jvgfanatic -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 11:50:16 PM)

Same here about liking the artwork. Before the web I used to practice with photoshop and illustrator (and bryce...) by making bookmarks. The scale of some of these cheesy bookmarks is very similar to these signature so I know the sense of pride in making these things.

I'd appeal to "standard" forum etiquitte but alas I've been frequenting more and more message boards recently and such standards seem to be all over the map. Given my newbieness here I have no right to do so, carry on :)

I don't want to turn off images entirely as I do like information, particularly visual information and I am somewhat of a screenshot addict >_<

My complaint probably stems from the fact that I'm running at 768 vertical resolution (my widescreen only goes that far) and thus two posts with one line each is all I can see when the sig is so big. Oh well, if this is the biggest complaint I have about these forums then you folks are golden in my book.

Tankerace -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/16/2005 11:53:34 PM)

Hehehehehe, I can take a hint, I can take a hint....

rogueusmc -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 12:15:15 AM)

To each his own...me?...I like seeing what others have come up with in theirs.[8D]

ravinhood -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 12:19:09 AM)

You think this is bad, you should goto Age of Wonders Heaven Games forums, whoever posts the first message in a thread is posted on "every single page first afterwards", now THAT IS ANNOYING.

Swolte has been talking about "his patch (multiplayer basically) for AOW:SM and his first post must be half a page or longer, so, every page afterwards on the subject matter of the socalled patch has that same baloney he wrote from the first page a mile long on every page. Yeah, now that's annoying.

Personally what I'd like to see here is reverse posting, the newest message on top and on the front page and the old messages on the other pages. Guild Wars Guru does it like that and I like it much better.

Tankerace -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 1:38:02 AM)

There, I resized it..... better?

rogueusmc -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 1:43:41 AM)

OK...now your avatar is too big...[:D]

Terminus -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 1:44:20 AM)

Yeah, don't get 'em started...

Tankerace -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 1:55:14 AM)

Hehehehehe. With the billboard comment, I almost created a 1024X768 image that simply said "This space for rent"

ravinhood -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 10:55:07 AM)

Heh Tankerace I think you have shown the difference between maturity and immaturity.

A mature person will just "think about doing something aggrivating/devious" and not do it.

An immature person will think of it and do it also. lol

Terminus -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 11:33:18 AM)

Good that you're so mature, then...

Fred98 -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 2:33:46 PM)

p

Tankerace -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 9:49:28 PM)

Maturity sucks. [:D]

rogueusmc -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/17/2005 11:12:53 PM)

and over-rated...[:D]

BTW, you misspelled Billboard...if you are gonna be immature, you gotta do it right...

Terminus -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/18/2005 1:23:02 AM)

Yeah, shame on you, Tanker! [:D]

Tankerace -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/18/2005 2:00:35 AM)

Hehehe, I did that at 3 last night... 'tis what I get for staying up that late.

rogueusmc -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/18/2005 2:23:23 AM)

Are WitPers the best at hijcking threads or what?![:D]

Terminus -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/18/2005 2:24:07 AM)

Heh, it comes with practice...[:D]

Zap -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/18/2005 4:25:26 AM)

Just don't tell me to get ride of my avatar. them are figthing words! It took me a long time to figure out how to put it up![:D]

Slaghtermeyer -> RE: Any way to hide those billbo..er..signatures? (10/18/2005 9:38:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

Just don't tell me to get ride of my avatar. them are figthing words! It took me a long time to figure out how to put it up![:D]

You won't have to worry about Matrix telling you to get rid of your avatar unless you use one with political content disagreeable to Matrix. I was banned because of my political avatar and profile, but if you have a political avatar and profile that is in sync with Matrix's political leanings such as EUBanana's you won't get banned. Fortunately I have access to variable IP so they can ban me all they like and I'll still be back [:'(]

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI