RE: Summary of the war (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/9/2006 1:10:19 PM)

there was no attack on PH  [8|]

BTW you could finish 3 CV this turn
they will need 3-4 months in docks
musashi is more in  problems - unlucky ships - constantly in repair yards

Luskan -> RE: Summary of the war (11/9/2006 1:22:00 PM)

It isn't over until Raver catches those CVs and finishes them.

Unortunately for Sneer, Raver is good at cleaning up damaged cvs after fights.

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/9/2006 1:28:01 PM)

not doubtly - best idea is to go next round now Raverdave must guess in which port they will be in 2 turns
CV are safe now
looks like i will have no sunk ships
planes ... diffrent story as it is easy come easy go commodity
hundreds are needed at this stage of war
not to hurt enemy but to keep him occupied

Raverdave -> RE: Summary of the war (11/10/2006 2:07:06 AM)

I'm more than happy to let them limp off and hide somewhere.  I kicked the snot out of them once and I can do it again.   What really must be worrying Sneer is the fact that these CVs that are currently operating in and around Java represent only HALF of my CV strength. One wonders where the rest are?[:D]

Grotius -> RE: Summary of the war (11/10/2006 2:51:48 AM)

I'm enjoying this one a lot, guys!

Raverdave -> RE: Summary of the war (11/10/2006 4:19:57 AM)

Actually when you look at this the Jap CAP did a rather good job, the Zekes traded nearly one for one against the F6Fs:-

Day Air attack on TF at 30,71

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 57

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 34
Corsair IV x 8
SBD Dauntless x 66
TBM Avenger x 63
Avenger II x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 18 destroyed, 4 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F6F Hellcat: 15 destroyed, 2 damaged
Corsair IV: 5 destroyed
SBD Dauntless: 5 destroyed, 17 damaged
TBM Avenger: 8 destroyed, 33 damaged
Avenger II: 4 destroyed, 5 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
CV Amagi, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
BB Kongo
CV Kaga, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 2, on fire
BB Musashi, Bomb hits 4, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
CL Natori
CV Shokaku, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
DD Wakazuki

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/10/2006 10:18:15 AM)

your half of CV hit 1/4th of my CV [:'(]

Raverdave -> RE: Summary of the war (11/13/2006 12:43:38 PM)

yeah but I came out of it with little more than a scratch[:'(]

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 12:27:05 PM)

12/15/43
Raverdave manouvers hard with land units in east india
about 70 unts counted - 50 on main assault axis
he abandoned main railway to Asanol as it was too heavily defended and moves to Benares assuming he will be there much faster than my reinforcement troops which have long way south
interesting battle to come

i'm surprised to find out that over 50% of my shattered carrier group's planes are in good shape - especially fighter units are well
something bad hangs in the air as I can almost smell it
good info on the other hand is my industrial situation
i'm heavily surprised that it can be so strong at this stage of war
no fuel / supply shortages
nice resources/oil reserves
huge stockpiles of war material everywhere
huge plane pools - only pilot quality is nightmare - i have not enough time to train them as i would like so some units are 40-50 exp

question is if i have outstanding economic results should i have so poor training program ???

Andy Mac -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 12:32:32 PM)

Seperate question was such an outstanding economic position possibe ? The game is as it is - e.g. engines remain the same for all time so the same engine in a nate can be stockpiled and used for an advanced plane in 43. Were you forced to scrap all old engines how would the economy look ?

I think the game needs to be played as is or else the what ifs will make us all mad !!!

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 12:44:42 PM)

i did not give you a hint about engines - wrong assumption
i have engines for 2 months what is reasonable
but
i have 220k armament points - looks like it is mostly ok till end of war  - no new types of guns expected
similar with vehicles points -15k - i will get no new tank types
also 700k + of HI points which is half done industrial job
so Andy
nothing is wrong
and you are too fast in writing :-)

Andy Mac -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 12:58:36 PM)

They do say assumption is the mother of all **** ups !!!!

[:D][:D] - 2 months is fine I picked a bad example

I do still believe that the economy is imprecisely modelled to some extent. If you want to train pilots then use the training command and do it in the rear areas why cant you ? If zp is 40 or 50 then you should be able to get them to 50 or 60 in a month or two of training ?

Andy Mac -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 12:59:48 PM)

Unless of course you are forward deployingt all airgroups and not retaining some in Japan as training schools ?

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 1:14:45 PM)

japan is adequately secured by fighter force 

Raverdave -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 1:19:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sneer

japan is adequately secured by fighter force 

Which means that I will have a target rich enviroment [8D]

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 1:30:26 PM)

but in 2h 44 i want to stockpile engines to reach at least 6 month production level

even with dei all lost have oil and resources for ap 4+ months and another 5 month in HI points - will be more soon as I add ap 150k HI points per month
and i think i can keep this surplus for next 3 months

so 10 months of max production is already guaranteed - I prepared myself to situation when Raverdave concentrate on southern route and started savings many many months ago

with some savings as not everything is really as needed i think i can have additional 3-4 months
so looks like I'm impregnable on Raverdave's tactics of taking DEI in major thrust

without HI bombed to ruins i think i will have no fear even in the beginning of  45
and everything looks like pacific route is abandoned by my mighty opponent due to severe losses in early 43
honestly speaking it is also more heavily guarded as troops are already flowing out of china and east india to perimeter so i could free my reserves as they will be replaced within weeks

many of last lost fighters were old ones
zero reserves , 3a reserves are still high - zeke is used only marginally - jacks are plentifull and georges are already in best units
same story for tojo and tony - still well over 2k in reserve - should be ok till frank arrives

Andy Mac -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 1:33:24 PM)

Yeah but you aint seen devastation like what B29's can perform....

Supply Oil Resources they will destroy the lot---- having a stovckpile in the HI aint enough !!!! you need to be able to keep it

I face a similar game in my game v PZB and I am sure I will against Pauk as well and all my games actually but I am confident in the ability of my heavies to reduce those stockpile quickly when in range !!!

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 1:36:16 PM)

from what i know you can't destroy stockiled oil and resources - i have never seen it - you can destroy facilities not sockpiles  but maybe i'm wrong
but still HI points can't be hit :-)

pauk -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 1:44:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Yeah but you aint seen devastation like what B29's can perform....

Supply Oil Resources they will destroy the lot---- having a stovckpile in the HI aint enough !!!! you need to be able to keep it

I face a similar game in my game v PZB and I am sure I will against Pauk as well and all my games actually but I am confident in the ability of my heavies to reduce those stockpile quickly when in range !!!

Bah! Nothing more than a war criminal...[:'(]... is there no more honesty and Bushido code?[;)][:D]

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/14/2006 1:49:08 PM)

with hundreds of bombers every day hitting my bases i'm getting used to the thought that soon everything will be in ruins ....
i don't need to wait for B29

Raverdave -> RE: Summary of the war (11/15/2006 3:06:25 AM)

A lot sooner than you think...................now if I could only get a toe hold on Timor.

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/16/2006 4:55:16 PM)

again all birds died in cap fire
but i found surface group with little cover and cornwall CA got 1 torp -
i decided to research shinden heavily - some factories are converted - maybe i will see them in combat 2 months ealrier and i will see some allied planes shot down

Raverdave -> RE: Summary of the war (11/19/2006 2:51:36 AM)

Sneer is busy so no new posts.

Capt. Harlock -> Slow Opponents (11/19/2006 5:39:19 AM)

Both Sneer and Luskan are offline?? Of all the rotten luck . . .

Raverdave -> RE: Slow Opponents (11/20/2006 12:47:30 AM)

Well it turns out that ratbrain (that is the yellow one) was online but failed to notice the turn sitting in his Inbox [:-].  I think that Sneer is busy with his house move (or being ordered around by his GF Mk1)[;)]

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/20/2006 11:08:35 AM)

i was busy at work
back to war now

Raverdave -> RE: Summary of the war (11/20/2006 12:02:31 PM)

And war it is.......you will not have long to wait now before the invasion starts.  [8D]

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/20/2006 12:07:18 PM)

what means that Raverdave's carriers are already upgraded

Sneer -> RE: Summary of the war (11/20/2006 4:49:30 PM)

12/21/43
according to Raverdave invasion is close
such info was given many months ago but this time i'm close to belive in it
time to meet allied stick - let's hope it will break on my defences
unofficial info is that allied CV are mostly refitted and it opens few possibilities especially  geographically

there are little places where there are multiple bases so there are little places where i can do anything against ubercap
last few months proved that to break 150-200cap i will need coordinated strike at least 2 times as big and to break cap with significant amount of bombers i would need 3 times as high numbers - i have never seen coordinated 500+ LBA strike against naval target so this is sth i can forget about
by the time enemy reaches PI there will be no chance to hurt him.
looks like times come where good day will be sinking allied DD or MSW
My navy even after damaging of  fleet carriers is is in very good shape - almost no losses in 43 beside few DDs and some small cruisers
pity there will be little use of them.
enemy's communication lines close to map edges so little chance to do any harm - his supply stream flows slower but there is no way to interrupt - pacific is too big - i think it is smart idea. Raverdave is very methodical opponent - no rush in offensive movements.
I think would like to serve under such command / with one exception - air force :-) /
soon 44........

veji1 -> RE: Summary of the war (11/20/2006 5:15:23 PM)

Well Except if you collapse in India, I still think you will be able to drag it out till the bitter end ( past 1945... ) This is victory already...

Page: <<   < prev  45 46 47 [48] 49   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI