PBEM opponents wanted (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Opponents Wanted

Kevan -> PBEM opponents wanted (11/22/2005 11:38:37 PM)

Hi everyone. I just bought CoG on the weekend (after waiting almost 2 years for EiA before giving up, but I'm glad I did), and I'm looking forward to trying out the PBEM.

I was tempted to wait for the next patch, but I'm too anxious to try it out. I'm hoping that there may be 3-4+ other players out there who would be starting up a game now. Perhaps with a view to re-starting if the patch comes out in the near future.

I can commit to a 48 hour turnaround, probably quicker most turns, and I would expect the same of anyone else who is interested. My preference is for a 1792 or 1796 campaign, but I'd be willing the choice of campaign a vote.

jimwinsor -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/22/2005 11:42:03 PM)

Hey I just got the game myself...would like to try PBEM too.

Thx!
Jim

Kevan -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/23/2005 12:07:47 AM)

Didn't expect so quick a reply. Another couple of players and we could be ready to go for the weekend.

Just thought of one thing. To eliminate a round of emails, could you please state your choice of campaign and first 3 country choices when you sign up. For example, my preferences:

Campaign: 1792

Countries:
1. Austria
2. Great Britain
3. Turkey

I'll go with the most popular campaign. For countries, any ties for first choice will be determined randomly, then same with second choice, and so on.

jimwinsor -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/23/2005 5:33:36 AM)

Hmm 1792 Eh? OK by me.

1. Russia
2. Sweden
3. England

Azog -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/23/2005 7:44:31 AM)

I am beeing terribly bashed by garocco in another PBEM and I need some playground for hope. I join.
1. France
2. Great Britain
3. Rusia

And before I forget, make it at least for 10 years and at least difficulty "difficult", is that possible? By "normal" the other nations are too easily bashed.

TexHorns -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/23/2005 4:48:52 PM)

I would like to join also.

Prefer 1792.

1. France
2. Russia
3. Sweden
4. England

I have a question about combat in PBEM. I don't see in the rule manual how combat is resolved. Is it auto quick battle?

Look forward to playing.

Kevan -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/23/2005 5:12:10 PM)

Wow, that was quick. When I saw the level of activity in the forum, I didn't expect to get players so quickly.

I'll set the game up this evening (I'm on CST, which is GMT -6) and post the set-up positions here. I'll set it up on difficult and open-ended, as my experience is that games like this will eventually fizzle out, or the players decide to end things after one nation or alliance becomes dominant.

I'll take sign-ups as they come, but I may need to cut it off at 6 to try to keep turn frequence manageable. Anyone know if you can toggle human/computer control on and off mid-game? If so, I won't cap the number of players. Again from personal experience, there will usually be 1-2 players disappear in the first few weeks of a game like this.

I believe battles are auto quick battle.

Kevan -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/24/2005 7:18:22 AM)

Okay, shouldn't make preparations without the rules in front of me. Now that I have them, I see that it's the first human player on the list that has to set it up. After one handy coin flip, I come up with the following order:

1. France - TexHorns
2. Great Britain - Azog
3. Sweden - Computer
4. Prussia - Computer
5. Austria - Kevan
6. Turkey - Computer
7. Russia - jimwinsor

So, TexHorns, it looks like you have the honour of setting up this grand endeavour. If anyone asks to join before then, I'll leave it to you to include them.

I'm emailing each of you (to your forum inbox) with my email address for correspondence and sending turns.

Azog -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/24/2005 3:30:47 PM)

Yes, battles are autoquick battles. So, no way asking for reinforcements or so. Nevertheless, I have always the tactical advisor on "on" just in case it could be better... I doubt it anyway.
So you dont see the battle and nothing, just the result ...(my army, where is my army... a horse, a kingdom for a horse...)
The best is to click in events and to read about the catastrophe...[;)]

TexHorns -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/24/2005 6:53:29 PM)

I am going to wait until tonight or tomorrow morning in hope we can land one or two more players before I fire it up.

Countries still available are Sweden, Prussia, Turkey and Spain.

TexHorns -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/24/2005 7:01:07 PM)

Also, we need a decision as to how long a game we want. If all agree to start in 1792 do we want to play 10 years, 12 years, or what is the preference? Or start 1796 and play 10 to 12 years. Although I prefer long games, my concern is that people will not play to the end. Please give feedback.

garoco -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/24/2005 8:02:02 PM)

Ok I wish take sweden, my prefer scenrios 1792 and level Bonaparte.

TexHorns -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/24/2005 9:24:09 PM)

To Azog, kevan, jimwinsor and garoco,

Please look where your country falls in the turn order and email the person whose turn is after you and get their email address so you will already have it when the first turn arrives to you.

I will send first turn file to Azog (Matias) either tonight or tomorrow morning. A single players turn should take no longer than 15-20 minutes to play. So please send the turn as soon as you are done. If everyone is timely in their play and delivery we should be able to get a turn done at least every other day.

If anyone else wants to get it on this game please contact me by this evening. Grand Armee, Naomi or anyone else that wants to join jump in. Prussia, Turkey and Spain are still available.

jimwinsor -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/24/2005 10:22:36 PM)

My email addy is jimwinsor at cox.net.

BTW what are the differences in the difficulty level of the game, anyone know?

Krec -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/25/2005 12:10:04 AM)

i can take turkey.

kevyrec@sbcglobal.net

TexHorns -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/25/2005 7:30:13 AM)

okay we have another player. that gives us 6 with only Spain and Prussia unspoken for. I pm'd several people but most of them are unable to join us. to answer Krec's question about difficulty level, it applies only if there are computer players. at this point we still have two computer players. I will set the game at difficult if that is okay with everyone. Krec look at the turn order and see who needs your email address to forward it to you.

I will send the first turn no later than tomorrow morning.

TexHorns -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/25/2005 7:40:03 AM)

by the way, i'm going to start a new thread in the after action reports forumn. that forumn has very little traffic. we can communicate and give updates or whatever we need to do there. if anyone is so inclined and has the time they can use the thread to comment on the progression of the game. i guess taunts and other forms of communication will be welcome as well.

good luck to all and good gaming.

garoco -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/25/2005 11:26:01 AM)

This list needs be redone again. Please

Kevan -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/25/2005 5:12:36 PM)

1. France - TexHorns
2. Great Britain - Azog
3. Sweden - garoco
4. Prussia - Computer
5. Austria - Kevan
6. Turkey - Krec
7. Russia - jimwinsor
8. Spain - Computer

As Austria, I've got to say that I would appreciate the presence of a real player in Prussia, as opposed to starting with an ally who will kamikaze small armies at a predetermined and forecasted point.

FYI, I'm usually big on in-game diplomacy, but I'm not going to be able to access my email for 24 hours, starting in about 3 hours, due to being out of town for the night. I might be able to check these forums though, and will try to respond to messages sent here.

Oops, just realized I forgot Spain.

jimwinsor -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/25/2005 6:23:39 PM)

Which version will we be using? The latest official 1.1 patch, or the 1.2.14 beta?

Kevan -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/25/2005 7:16:50 PM)

I assumed it would be 1.2.14, as anyone who has already installed it would have a hassle to go back to 1.1.

I understand there are still issues with 1.2.14. As I mentioned in one of my first posts on this PBEM game, if a new patch is released in the near future, I would be willing to consider a restart. Especially if it is a thorough patch that resolves the majority of outstanding issues.

Krec -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/25/2005 9:52:27 PM)

i have 1.1 and never have been able to get the beta patch [:@] could someone please send it to me . thanks

Kevan -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/25/2005 10:13:21 PM)

I believe it's available in the member's area. If I remember correctly, I set my login and password when I registered my copy. Perhaps someone else can confirm this.

TexHorns -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/26/2005 12:17:53 AM)

Yes Krec, go the members area and register your game. You will them be able to download the beta patch.

There is really no reason to play the game without the beta patch.

Azog -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/26/2005 2:04:51 AM)

Tex, I got your file, but something is wrong.
Could you zip the .rep and the .sav together in one file?
I have a lot of capacity in my mailbox, but it comes as plain text, not as a file, and it came truncated.
Sorry for noticing it now, yesterday I was out of business...[8|]

Azog -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/26/2005 8:48:23 AM)

Garocco, I have sent you the file for this 6 players game and also for our other one.

Krec -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/27/2005 10:17:56 AM)

got the patch, what a pain in the arse....anyway i am ready.

krec = turks

kevyrec@sbcglobal.net

Krec -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/28/2005 3:09:19 AM)

ok, whats the secrect serial number this thing wants typed in. i tried my cd number but no luck, any ideas?
need the serial number......................HELP!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

kerguelen -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/28/2005 9:22:06 AM)

If there is still no Prussia I would take it.

Krec -> RE: PBEM opponents wanted (11/28/2005 10:54:06 AM)

Krec = TURKEY has the ball and is waiting to send to FRANCE please send me your email so i can send to you.[:D]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI