Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, how about an update? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great

Le Tondu -> Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, how about an update? (11/23/2005 5:15:27 PM)

It would be really great to get some news about the game.

Dare I ask? Maybe a new screenshot? [:)]

Thanks a gazillion Tim.

Rick

Tim Coakley -> RE: Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, how about an update? (11/28/2005 4:06:54 AM)

Good thing I have Rick to keep me honest. I was going to waste away the long weekend without doing any work, but he guilted me into posting :)

A few new screenshots up on the web page
www.doubleshotdesign.com

I am also uploading a new version for my testers right now.

I played a little test scenario today and sent a brigade of French infantry against a Russian defense (expecting them to get slaughtered)...to my suprise, the French battalions closed with and meleed some of the defenders. Other Russian units broke and ran, while the two primary targets took heavy losses, and then surrendered!

Two overly aggressive French battalions took the attack too long and were forced to retreat two turns latter.

I went back and checked the scenario and found the Russian units had much lower morale...they broke just with the threat of attack!

Lots of fun...and 1000 Russian prisoners!

Tim

lancerunolfsson -> RE: Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, how about an update? (11/28/2005 5:33:17 AM)

quote:

A few new screenshots up on the web page

For what it's worth I see depressingly liuttle on map information about the units. How about relative strength, morale status etc.? I would consider what I am not seeing at the moment to be indicative of an unplayable game.

Tim Coakley -> RE: Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, how about an update? (11/28/2005 5:13:09 PM)

Lance,
can you be more specific on what you would like/expect to see?

The units show facing, type (inf, cav, art), formation (retreat/route is open formation)...plus a color that can be used by the designer to designate what he wants.

Unit picture, # of men, weapons...that is on the Unit Data Panel on the left...when it is identified.

Regards,
Tim

Le Tondu -> RE: Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, how about an update? (11/28/2005 8:11:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Double Shot Design

.......A few new screenshots up on the web page
www.doubleshotdesign.com

I am also uploading a new version for my testers right now.

I played a little test scenario today and sent a brigade of French infantry against a Russian defense (expecting them to get slaughtered)...to my suprise, the French battalions closed with and meleed some of the defenders. Other Russian units broke and ran, while the two primary targets took heavy losses, and then surrendered!

Two overly aggressive French battalions took the attack too long and were forced to retreat two turns latter.

I went back and checked the scenario and found the Russian units had much lower morale...they broke just with the threat of attack!

Lots of fun...and 1000 Russian prisoners!

Tim

Ooooooooooooh. There is even a screenshot of an artillery unit with it's guns in 4 different directions? Wow. [8D]

AND the little AAR is a bonus.

I am VERY glad to see that its definitely moving along. Tim, these updates are worth a LOT.

Thank you. [:)]

Rick

lancerunolfsson -> RE: Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, how about an update? (11/28/2005 11:52:02 PM)

quote:

Unit picture, # of men, weapons...that is on the Unit Data Panel on the left.

OK that works and now that I think about it, it's all you get in most computer games. What I was expecting to see was numbers on the unit counters that would be nice but non essential.

Le Tondu -> RE: Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, how about an update? (11/29/2005 3:04:20 AM)

One thing to think about is the version of the game that shows up in the screenshots. I see a "vA17" when I look at them. That's version alpha number 17, if I am not mistaken. That means the game isn't even beta yet. Which means there is lots of room for improvements? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI