Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Display Problem with Tin Soldier, Alexander the Great

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> Tech Support >> Display Problem with Tin Soldier, Alexander the Great Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Display Problem with Tin Soldier, Alexander the Great - 12/27/2005 5:51:31 AM   
PteGuilder

I m experiencing some VGA problems with Tin Soldier Alexander the Great.

The game installation went well. But when I try to run the program, my screen goes blank. I can hear sounds and music when I run the program, but the screen is totally blank.

My system config. is as follows :

Pentium 2.26
512 MB RAM
Windows XP - Professional
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB RAM(drivers upgraded)
DirectX 9c
Microsoft Media Player Version 6

I have other Matrix games like : Tin Soldier Julius Caesar, Campaigns of the Danube and Battles of Normandy. All three games run very well on my current system config. Im wondering why can't I run Alexander the Great ?

Please help me. I m eager to play the game.

Thank you.

Merry Christmas.

PteGuilder

[image][/image]

< Message edited by PteGuilder -- 12/27/2005 6:02:16 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Display Problem with Tin Soldier, Alexander the Great - 12/27/2005 4:23:15 PM   
koiosworks

Are you seeing the first opening cut scene (alexander actually has cut scenes, unlike caesar)?

You need microsoft media player 9.0 or higher for the cutscenes to work. Sounds like that is most likely your black screen issue.

Let us know if that fixes you up.

(in reply to PteGuilder)
Post #: 2
RE: Display Problem with Tin Soldier, Alexander the Great - 12/28/2005 6:23:14 AM   
PteGuilder

Dear sir,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know that Alexander, unlike Caesar, has the cut scenes( I can hear them
but not see any of them).

I have upgraded my Media Player version to the latest Version 10 for Windows XP - Professional.

But still no dice. Can't see the intro scene. Only can see the scene from Alexander's mother killing Philip,
from then on to the his conquests. Which means I can only see the cut scenes but the screens goes
black when the battlegame starts. I also have tried to reintall the game several times. Even tried patch
update v101. But still black screen.

Does it run under Win98 SE, then ?

As mentioned, my current Card supports Tin Soldier, Julius Caesar, a newer program, like a dream(perfectly fine).
My Card even supports Spartans.

I m really disappointed, I tried just about everything; from drivers upgrades to even adjusting the settings
of my Graphics Card(screen resolutions). Why for this one game only ?

Please, I think, the only way to fix this bug is by a patch, enabling the program to support Cards like
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, 'cause, seems to me, that the program does not run under Window XP - Professional
with this Card.

Alternatively, please, let me know, as to what model Graphics Card to get for the game ?

Thank you.

(in reply to koiosworks)
Post #: 3
RE: Display Problem with Tin Soldier, Alexander the Great - 12/28/2005 4:51:09 PM   
koiosworks

PteGuilder,

Can you send us your error log file to support@koiosworks.com

You can find this file in a subdirectory called "Log" that will be under the directory where you installed Alexander. It is a date stamped text file. Also, if you know how to make one, send us your DXDIAG too. (use start run - type in "dxdiag" - OK). then "Save all information" then send us that file too. we should be able to fix you up.

Regards

(in reply to PteGuilder)
Post #: 4
RE: Display Problem with Tin Soldier, Alexander the Great - 12/29/2005 12:11:30 PM   
PteGuilder

OK.

I have sent the files as requested :

1. Alexander Log file
2. DxDiag file

Please, I kindly, appreciate if you could help me soon.

Thanks.

PteGuilder

(in reply to koiosworks)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> Tech Support >> Display Problem with Tin Soldier, Alexander the Great Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI