Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Test Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> RE: Test Thread Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 7:46:36 PM   
Terminus

More than one graphics file (all in the ART folder):

Button5.bmp
Button6J.bmp
Button7J.bmp
mapiconsj.bmp

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 751
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 7:49:32 PM   
Nikademus

havn't messed with the Art files much other than importing Elf's planetops and creating ART files for the scn slots of my mod. ART subfolder is fairly straightforward though...you just have to dig through it and find the right bmp and replace it.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 752
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 7:49:58 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

More than one graphics file (all in the ART folder):

Button5.bmp
Button6J.bmp
Button7J.bmp
mapiconsj.bmp

i would guess that mapiconsj.bmp would be the Japanese map icon. Not at my game computer - if i can get the size (in bits) i could resize the Penguin flag to match. I guess i could wait til i got home (probably easier to see it than to guess). Of course, if someone sent me the mapiconsj.bmp file, i could do it here and now...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 753
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 8:00:16 PM   
Mynok

Or you could be really evil and replace all the Allied flag bitmaps with that one.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 754
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 8:39:29 PM   
rtrapasso

OK - i am going to try and play a trick on the forum software. I noticed the other day that it won't let you upload a bmp file, but if you RENAME it a gif file, and don't embed it, you can upload it. The person who clicks on the "attachment" can look at it. So the uploaded file should be ACTUALLY a bmp file (although it will say gif).

So, you can look at this, and if you decide you like it, you can download it, change the name and extension to mapiconsJ.bmp, then use it in your ART directory. I would make sure you back up the orginal mapiconsJ.bmp first. It turns out that ALL the map icons for the japanese are in this file - and the file isn't very big to start with, and so the flags are very small.

It doesn't look as good as i had hoped - the penguin is hopelessly small, but still...

If this doesn't work, let me know, and i'll e-mail you the file (if you want it...)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 755
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 8:44:23 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: fabertong

And now all I need is a flag......and world domination is next.........Bwahahahahahahaha

Hey! You can't conquer the world. I called dibs.

Attachment (1)

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to fabertong)
Post #: 756
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 8:45:35 PM   
Mynok

It would look good on the side of an Oscar too..........

Instead of the meatball we would have the tongball.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 757
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 8:55:13 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Or you could be really evil and replace all the Allied flag bitmaps with that one.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 758
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 8:56:05 PM   
niceguy2005

Which Family Guy character are you? http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.youthink.com/quiz_images/quiz549outcome2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youthink.com/forums.asp%3Faction%3Dread%26ct%3D14%26q_id%3D549&h=240&w=320&sz=18&tbnid=zjIr6mSyVyXVTM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=113&hl=en&start=51&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfamily%2Bguy%26start%3D40%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DDVXA,DVXA:2005-03,DVXA:en%26sa%3DN

Stewie Griffin

You are an anarchist, a thespian, and you hate your family (especially your mom) as well as pickels. For Christmas, you want either a dead Lois or some plutonium. Also, you can do a lounge version of Rocket Man by Elton John.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 759
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 9:06:21 PM   
rtrapasso

Here's an improved version...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 760
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 9:17:40 PM   
rtrapasso

Oh, i don't think i want to reveal the results of this test!

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 761
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 9:28:10 PM   
Terminus

Let me guess: you're the dog?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 762
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 9:30:22 PM   
niceguy2005

my test results only reinforce my idea that I am meant for world domination. *cue evil laughter*

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 763
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 9:31:09 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Let me guess: you're the dog?

D'oh!!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 764
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 9:40:29 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

OK - here's a pic you can read...

You know, a military person designed this. On the M113 (old Vietnam era APC still used today) there is a gizmo called a slobber box. It's lots of fun to clean out. Very fitting title....

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 765
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 9:49:01 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

sixteee sevvven boootls of bierrrfff on zzzza wallf.....

Sixtees sevvyen boootls of _________Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now that's stamina..........

BTW - not sure who's AAR to post this in, yours or Speedy's. Apparently crack Arctic Warfare troops attempted to raid your HQ in the Aleutians attempted to raid your HQ... but no one was home at the time...
They seek him here...they seek him there.....

Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside.

(in reply to fabertong)
Post #: 766
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 9:55:25 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

You know, a military person designed this. On the M113 (old Vietnam era APC still used today) there is a gizmo called a slobber box. It's lots of fun to clean out. Very fitting title....

I wouldn't have guessed Mr. Breathed was a vet, but you never know... (didn't mention it in his bio i found)

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 767
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 10:00:49 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't have guessed Mr. Breathed was a vet, but you never know... (didn't mention it in his bio i found)

I was vague. Let me try again. "You know, a military person must have designed...."

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 768
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 10:11:35 PM   
Mynok

quote:

On the M113 (old Vietnam era APC still used today) there is a gizmo called a slobber box. It's lots of fun to clean out. Very fitting title....

Ugh. Now my brain is (against my wishes ) trying figure out where someone would be slobbering in an APC.

The $hi7 box, pi$$ box, soiled undies box, hurlage box...all those I can see right where they would be located.

Slobber box?

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 769
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 10:14:33 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

On the M113 (old Vietnam era APC still used today) there is a gizmo called a slobber box. It's lots of fun to clean out. Very fitting title....

Ugh. Now my brain is (against my wishes ) trying figure out where someone would be slobbering in an APC.

The $hi7 box, pi$$ box, soiled undies box, hurlage box...all those I can see right where they would be located.

Slobber box?

Since it was designed in the 60's and they were kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel then, it might have been designed to attach to the vehicle commander's chin...*

*my apologies to any APC commanders from the 60's in advance

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 770
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 10:33:35 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

it was for the RPG men slobbering on the outside....ooooo M113!

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 771
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 10:36:29 PM   
Mynok

Hmmm......and if they slobber so much it gets inside........ yikes!

RPG: "It's a hit! Why didn't it explode?"
Sgt: "Maybe because it's drowning in that flash flood running down your chin...."

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 772
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 10:56:37 PM   
fabertong

quote:

OK - i am going to try and play a trick on the forum software. I noticed the other day that it won't let you upload a bmp file, but if you RENAME it a gif file, and don't embed it, you can upload it. The person who clicks on the "attachment" can look at it. So the uploaded file should be ACTUALLY a bmp file (although it will say gif).

So, you can look at this, and if you decide you like it, you can download it, change the name and extension to mapiconsJ.bmp, then use it in your ART directory. I would make sure you back up the orginal mapiconsJ.bmp first. It turns out that ALL the map icons for the japanese are in this file - and the file isn't very big to start with, and so the flags are very small.

It doesn't look as good as i had hoped - the penguin is hopelessly small, but still...

If this doesn't work, let me know, and i'll e-mail you the file (if you want it...)

Brother rtrapasso, I am forever in your debt....I laughed my *** off...it was a bit small and turned all of my HI units green......but it was worth it......should our paths ever cross in RL.....a drink of your choice, I shall provde......cheers.....

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 773
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 10:57:32 PM   
fabertong

BTW .......THE WORLD IS MINE, SO HANDS OFF........

(in reply to fabertong)
Post #: 774
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 11:03:34 PM   
fabertong

Ahhh, my brothers....I am close.....

(in reply to fabertong)
Post #: 775
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 11:03:56 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

Brother rtrapasso, I am forever in your debt....I laughed my *** off...it was a bit small and turned all of my HI units green......but it was worth it......should our paths ever cross in RL.....a drink of your choice, I shall provde......cheers.....

Well, if i get to Bristol or the world WITP convention, i may take you up on it.

BTW - the guys who did Wallace and Gromet have a studio in Bristol, and they are supposed to be working on a claymation version of Gilbert Shelton's Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. Would you know anything about that?? (promo pic below).

shown above L to R - Phineas, Fat Freddy, and Freewheelin' Frank.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to fabertong)
Post #: 776
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 11:04:00 PM   
fabertong

The Thread draws me near..........

(in reply to fabertong)
Post #: 777
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 11:05:15 PM   
Terminus

quote:

Ahhh, my brothers....I am close.....

Eeew... Too much information...

(in reply to fabertong)
Post #: 778
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 11:05:40 PM   
rtrapasso

Yikes! He's about to go over 1000, folks!!!

(in reply to fabertong)
Post #: 779
RE: Test Thread - 1/23/2006 11:05:56 PM   
fabertong

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, if i get to Bristol or the world WITP convention, i may take you up on it.

BTW - the guys who did Wallace and Gromet have a studio in Bristol, and they are supposed to be working on a claymation version of Gilbert Shelton's Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. Would you know anything about that?? (promo pic below).

shown above L to R - Phineas, Fat Freddy, and Freewheelin' Frank.

Bristol is easy to find.....go to London.....head west.........

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> RE: Test Thread Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI