Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

4th January 1945

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> 4th January 1945 Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4th January 1945 - 10/25/2007 9:49:52 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

Siam/Malaya -

Status quo in this region as we wait for vital supplies to reach the front and we continue to supress the invincible Japanese b*stards sitting on the Siam rail line.

Over the next month I expect Singapore to fall and for the battle front to reach Hanoi.

In conjunction with this...........

----------------

SRA -

I also expect the next month to see a continued buildup of Allied power in the west PI. Luzon and Mindanao will be surpressed from the air.

At the same time i'm going to ready my forces for the invasion of Hainan which can be used as a springboard for an invasion of Formosa or the cutting off of Japanese forces in China.

-----------------

CentPac -

I've ordered Iwo Jima's P51D's to sweep over Tokyo tomorrow.

Today 53rd USA RCT elements boarded several transports at Lunga. These ships are to move out in small groups to occupy the empty enemy held bases from Lunga to Green Island. CVE's will support the operation.

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 1741
5th January 1945 - 10/26/2007 3:43:10 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

A fairly quiet day in Malaya and SRA. Supplies continue to flow ashore at San Jose (covered by BB's and CV CAP).

A supply convoy will feed my men at Camranh Bay in the next 2-3 days.

-----------------

A massive series of air battles erupted over Tokyo today:

Day Air attack on Tokyo , at 66,43

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 11
N1K1-J George x 28
J2M Jack x 17
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 63
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 78

Allied aircraft
F-5C Lightning x 1
P-51D Mustang x 183

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 11 destroyed
N1K1-J George: 27 destroyed
J2M Jack: 17 destroyed
Ki-61 KAIc Tony: 35 destroyed
Ki-84-Ia Frank: 67 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-51D Mustang: 34 destroyed, 8 damaged

I lost 35 x P51D for 154 enemy planes. We rest tomorrow as do my B29 crews on Saipan.

The liberation of the Solomans continue with 53rd RCT men landing at Tassafaronga and Russell Islands today. The empty places will be Allied tomorrow.

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1742
RE: 5th January 1945 - 10/26/2007 4:00:24 PM   
Terminus

Kill ratio of less than 5-to-1 over Tokyo. Tsk, tsk, tsk... Your pilots are getting lazy...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 1743
RE: 5th January 1945 - 10/26/2007 4:35:11 PM   
Speedysteve

'Jelous' that you've never Had P51D's...

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1744
RE: 5th January 1945 - 10/26/2007 7:14:15 PM   
Terminus

Nope on both counts... Don't play the game anymore either, so...

Post #: 1745
RE: 5th January 1945 - 10/26/2007 10:30:26 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Kill ratio of less than 5-to-1 over Tokyo. Tsk, tsk, tsk... Your pilots are getting lazy...

And just look at how many Ki-61's you left alive!

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1746
6th January 1945 - 10/30/2007 4:20:19 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

A routine day in Indo China and SRA........

Vital supplies are beginning to unload at Camranh Bay...soon Allied airpower will be able to operate from Hue.......

More supplies are unloading at San Jose. No Japanese interference coming at all from PI.

ML Tsugaru ate 2 fish today. SS Sturgeon has been patrolling east of Hainan to intercept enemy reinforcements. Today she located the large ML and pumped 2 fish into her Starboard side. Unfortunately the ship was not reported as heavily damaged. Please sink you bugger!

--------------------

CentPac -

53rd USA RCT men landed at Vella Lavella and Munda today. Buin, Shortlands and Green Island will be invaded tomorrow. SigInt has detected the arrival of enemy airpower at Rabaul. My CVE's are on hand and hopefully the 100 FM2's will be able to provide cover.

B29's will fly from Saipan to pay Rabaul a visit tomorrow........

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 1747
RE: 6th January 1945 - 10/30/2007 10:38:05 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

SigInt has detected the arrival of enemy airpower at Rabaul. My CVE's are on hand and hopefully the 100 FM2's will be able to provide cover.

B29's will fly from Saipan to pay Rabaul a visit tomorrow........

Faber has mentioned this in his own AAR. He is a rather unhappy penguin . . .

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

Post #: 1748
RE: 6th January 1945 - 10/30/2007 11:19:59 PM   
Terminus

Who can blame the poor waterfowl... Three cheers for his persistence in keeping in the game.

Post #: 1749
7-8th January 1945 - 11/4/2007 10:46:38 AM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

A 2 day update since both were fairly quiet days.

The highlight of these 2 days has been rhe massacre at rabaul. Over 150 enemy planes have been blitzed there when 300+ B29's attacked on both days. I lost 12 x B29 in return due to operational causes.

Whilst this has been happening my CVE's have been covering the invasions and all of the Solomans are under Allied control again. Next stop is New Britain and New Guinea.......

---------------------

It's been a fair quiet time in Indo China and SRA as vital supplies flow ashore at Camranh Bay and San Jose. Within 2 days my San Jose forces will move back to Kuching. I will then move for Hainan I think........

With supplies ashore in Indo China the Land Units will move forward towards Hanoi and air units will bgin to move into Hue and Camranh Bay.

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1750
9th January 1945 - 11/5/2007 8:27:48 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

Indo China/Malaya -

More of the same as I pound Japanese positions in Siam ands supply unloads at Camranh Bay.

------------------

SRA -

My main fleets are moving back from San Jose to Jesselton now. Then we pick up troops at Kuching for Hainan.

------------------

CentPac -

Buin will be taken tomorrow freeign all of the Solomans from the Japanese. Troops (protected by CVE's) are heading for Kavieng now.

The B29's will hopefully be back in action tomorrow. The men have orders to smash Takamatsu's HI, Resource, Repair and Merchant Shipyards.

P51D's will perform offensive sweeps over the Tokyo area.

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1751
10th January 1945 - 11/12/2007 11:15:56 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

Back from my holiday trip to Ireland (4 day weekend). Was great to relax and drink Guinness

Back to war........

------------------

Malaya/Indo China -

Tonnes of vital supplies continue to flow ashore at Rangoon, Johore Bharu and Camranh Bay. The Japanese launched a small surprise airstrike today on Allied freighters at Camranh Bay. 18 x Betty and 19 x Peggy launched torpeodes at my unprotected ships (insufficient supply IMO to support fighters). 1 x Peggy was blown to bits by AA but 5 x AK were hit with torpedoes. 2 are heavily damaged but have managed to beach. A nice little strike by the Japanese that won't change te war but may raise Fabers morale a little.......Allied Spitfires and Mustangs are on thescene now though to prevent further Japanese incursions.

------------------

SRA -

A fairly quiet day as the Allied fleets move back from San Jose to Jesselton. 2nd and 3rd Australian Divisions have just arrived at Jesselton to support further Allied offensives.

San Jose is upto Level 3 airfields...once 4 is reached then LBA will roam over Luzon.

Additional supplies, engineers and aviation support will leave Jesselton for Bacolod tomorrow.

-------------------

CentPac -

Buin was taken today and Allied men are ashore at Woodlark Island.

The Allied air raids on Japan met with mixed success. Bad weather and 12 x Jack meant that only 230 of 330 B29's hit Takamatsu. Those that did 1/2 the Resource production to c.140. The Naval Shipyards are also unusable now. 16 x B29 were lsot to A2A and Ops today.

The P51 Sweep over Tokyo was frustrating. Only 144 x P51D found the target area but they managed to claim c.190 enemy planes (Zeke, George, Jack, Tony and Frank) for the loss of 40 x P51D.

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1752
RE: 10th January 1945 - 11/12/2007 11:43:53 PM   
BrucePowers

How much longer can Faber hold out?

Post #: 1753
RE: 10th January 1945 - 11/12/2007 11:53:53 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi Bruce,

Score wise. Quite a while. I'm only 20K ahead with me on 68K points him on 48K IIRC.

I od still see thigns rapidly coming to a crescendo though when I make my next leaps - Hainan (should be pretty bloodless) - China (maybe) - Formosa - then from Iwo/Saipan for Japan.......

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 1754
11th January 1945 - 11/14/2007 7:16:32 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

Malaya/Indo China -

Masses of supplies are now at hand in all key battle fronts - Singapore, Siam and Camranh Bay. Over the next 2 days my men in Siam will attack again. The Camranh Bay crew will begin to move north toards Hanoi.

--------------------------

SRA -

A peaceful day down here except when SS I-181 blew up AK Elisha P. Ferry with 3 torpedoes which quickly disintegrated the port side into a watery molass.......she sank within minutes taking down elements of 114th Base Force heading for Bacolod.

SC-751 and DE Steele located the git and landed 3 x Mk9 DC's along with 6 near misses. No confirmation of sinking but I hope she does.

CentPac -

Woodlark Island was taken today and landings took place at Kavieng, Gili Gili, Gasmata and Goodenough Island.

Airforces rest on Saipan and Iwo Jima and ships continue to repair at PH.

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1755
RE: 11th January 1945 - 11/15/2007 2:28:18 AM   
BrucePowers

Snicker, snicker on the sub, turn-about is fair play

Post #: 1756
RE: 11th January 1945 - 11/22/2007 4:03:20 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

The past few days have seen action in most theatres. I'm at an IT event today so i'll add the CR bits needed at a later point.

Siam/Malaya -

Farcical action in Siam. This is surely crazy. After 2 months of ZERO supply and with my men in good order and supply and with the enemy constantly bombed he decimates 2/3 of my units which are now at 50-60% operational readiness. Crazy crazy. I am now leaving this INVINCIBLE Japanese force on the rail line for the rest of the war. I will leave a token force behind and the rest will move into Indo China. Look at this:

Ground combat at 31,36

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 124691 troops, 459 guns, 449 vehicles, Assault Value = 2686

Defending force 117166 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1946

Allied max assault: 2622 - adjusted assault: 1631

Japanese max defense: 1220 - adjusted defense: 157

Allied assault odds: 10 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
1768 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Allied ground losses:
5577 casualties reported
Guns lost 63
Vehicles lost 5

The first attack at Singapore goes fairly well. Progress is made and we rest a few more days before going again.

SRA -

SS Sturgeon had a successful couple of days. She attacked ML Okinoshima east of Hainan hitting her with a torpedo. The large Minelayer didn't appear heavily damaged though so Sturgeon continued to track her west and attacked her again the following day hitting her with another torpedo which left her dead in the water (Faber docked her at Kiungahan (sp?))

SS I-13 heavily damaged an AK returning from San Jose. She may beach at San Jose.

Allied forces are embarking at Kuching for Taan............

-------------------

CentPac -

Tokyo has been subjected to massive air attacks for the past 2 days. Over 180 enemy fighters have been lost (for 40 x P51D's). Over 600 B29 sorties have heavily damaged HI, Resource, Merhcant, Naval and Repair Shipyards (1400 Strategic points!) I am amazed at this destruction. It mean i'm only 20K away from a 2:1 victory and if this carries on I may end the war with Strategic bombing within 3 months.......

Lae, Buna, Arawe, Finshafen and Gasmata have fallen to Allied forces.

< Message edited by Speedy -- 11/23/2007 11:42:51 AM >

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1757
16-17th January 1945 - 11/24/2007 10:53:58 AM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

2 more days pass and the Allies press ever on towards victory...........

---------------

Malaya/Indo China -

As most of the Allied forces leave Siam for Saigon (still pisses me off about the crap on the rail line in Siam but so be it that Japanese force will just stay there and rot for the rest of the war) Allied forces begin to move north from Camranh Bay through Hue for Hanoi........

Singapore is starting to crack and Japanese resistance is weakening:

Ground combat at Singapore

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 136134 troops, 798 guns, 1472 vehicles, Assault Value = 3340

Defending force 69218 troops, 548 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1248

Allied engineers reduce fortifications to 7

Allied max assault: 3276 - adjusted assault: 4732

Japanese max defense: 947 - adjusted defense: 1775

Allied assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 7)

Allied Assault reduces fortifications to 7

Japanese ground losses:
738 casualties reported
Guns lost 46

Allied ground losses:
2948 casualties reported
Guns lost 54
Vehicles lost 9

-----------------

SRA -

Allied men continue to embark at Kuching for Taan whilst airfield construction is apace at San Jose and Bacolod.

Faber conductinmg a small surface attack on Allied shipping unlading at Bacolod. I thought he might though and a small force was there to protect the Freighters along with a PT Boat squadron.

The IJN Destroyers Hayashimo and Hiyodori initially faired well by surprising the Allied ships. Within minutes AK Seginus was a sinking wreck after 4 torpedo hits. The freighters faught back though and damaged both destroyer with small calibre shells. By now the Allied surface ships had reached the freighters and a short intense firefight ensued which saw SC SC-751 blowing up, light damage to DE Tisdale and the annihilation of both DD Hayashimo and DD Hiyodori by shell and torpedo fire of the DE's and PT's........

During the day the first TBM missions from Bacolod located and sunk PG Ikunta Maru near Leyte.

-----------------

CentPac -

The Japanese tried a new but ultimately futile tactic over night on 17th Janauary - Night Bombing of Iwo Jima. All bombs fell well off target and AA crews claimed 3 enemy LBA shot down. If he wants to try this again I have plenty of spare Black Widows which are en route

Sag Sag and Siador were invaded by the Allies today.

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1758
18th January 1945 - 11/27/2007 3:47:19 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

Malaya/Indo China -

Mass bombings by the Allies are the only action in this theatre today.

The Japanese foolishly attacked my blocking force in Siam:

Ground combat at 31,36

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 113202 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1914

Defending force 38366 troops, 80 guns, 450 vehicles, Assault Value = 653

Japanese max assault: 1552 - adjusted assault: 135

Allied max defense: 661 - adjusted defense: 525

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
5408 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
621 casualties reported
Guns lost 10
Vehicles lost 3

-------------------

SRA -

Men continue to embark at Kuching for Taan whilst allied airpower continues to encroach upon enemy territory. PC Takuna Maru 7 was sunk by a TBM dropped Torpedo off Leyte.

Allied airpower took off from Camranh Bay for the first time today. Mossie DB's put 3 bombs into 3 x AP off Haiphong.

--------------------

CentPac -

Siador is taken on NG and men go ashore at Talasea and Salamaua.

Saipan's B29's are rested and Tokyo's industry will hopefully receive a pounding tomorrow.

---------------------

Here's a screenshot of the theatre of war. The Empire is drastically reduced now. Everywhere in (orange hatched area) Sumatra/Celebes/NG is effectively a non-entity with only Japanese men starving at their posts. A few search planes are located here too but no offensive planes or ships exist there............

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Speedy -- 11/27/2007 4:37:56 PM >

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1759
RE: 18th January 1945 - 11/27/2007 10:35:21 PM   
Capt. Harlock

That's quite a map! It's a pity Sumatra is still in the hands of the Japanese, but between the airfields on Borneo and Malaya, there can't be much in the way of oil getting through to the Home Islands. I wonder how Faber's economy is doing?

--Victor Hugo

Post #: 1760
RE: 18th January 1945 - 11/27/2007 10:37:18 PM   
Mike Solli

I suspect he's using whale oil now.

Post #: 1761
RE: 18th January 1945 - 11/28/2007 12:28:27 AM   
Speedysteve

Hi Capt/Mike,

Faber will have recieved ZERO oil from Sumatra and Borneo for about 4 months now ( I have approx 800-1000 planes in the Malaya/Borneo region). He probably only has 20ish TK's left in total and has no chance to recover any oil from Sumatra or Borneo. I think his economy is in ruins if i'm honest. Don't forget the effecitve USN Sub campign that was conducted sank many a TK. I'm seeing a decreasing number of planes in combat now (for example the numbers of fighters defending his Capitol have fallen from 400 to about 65ish per day now). Recon indicates most of his ships are holed up in Port Arthur or Seoul etc.....

Only Faber can give you clarity on his economy but this is my feel on ther combat i'm seeing.

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 1762
19th January 1945 - 11/29/2007 11:51:24 AM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

Malaya/Indo China -

A fairly quiet day in this region as Allied soldiers at Singapore shell the enemy hard and prepare for an attack to come soon.......

Allied Tankers are driving up from Hue towards Hanoi to clear the road for the future Allied army.

B29's pummel active enemy airfields at Nanning.

----------------------

SRA -

Almost no activity at all in this region as we wait for a supply convoy to join the fleet at Kuching before heading out to Taan. CV/BB fleets are at Jesselton to move north and to react to any enemy incursions.

Airfields and strength grow at San Jose and Bacolod. PG Saiko Maru damaged by a torpedo attack near Leyte.

Enemy I-Boat conducted a successful attack on DD Eaton east of Jesselton breaking her in half. Other ASW vessels reportedly damaged the bugger in return.

---------------------

CentPac -

Kavieng, Talasea and Salamaua fall to the Allies today.

Further massive strikes on Tokyo's industry severely damage HI, Resource, shipyard and Engine Production (1100 VP's are scored today!) No enemy opposition in the air. Tomorrow the aircraft industry will be targetted.

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1763
20th January 1945 - 11/30/2007 2:55:39 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

Malaya/Indo China -

Singapore was the focus of battle aagain as men and machine hurtled themselves against the enemy. Over 2000 casualties and 7 tanks knocked out but more enemy territory was claimed and 6 Forts remain......

A close series of air battle were fought over Taan today. During the morning 119 x B29 attacked the airfields escorted by 40 x P38J and 21 x P51D. The escoerts tangled with 50 x Frank and 33 x Randy. 35 enemy fighters were shot down for the loss of 9 x P38J and 1 x P51D. One of the Randy's took out a B29 too.

During this attack it ws noted that some Japanese ships were in the area as well so 11 x Invaders and 14 x Mossies took off from Camranh Bay with 46 escorts (P38J/P51D). They encountered 25 enemy planes on CAP which did well in shooting down 7 x P38J or the loss of 2 x Frank and 2 x Randy. 2 x PC were left heavily damaged though by 4 bomb hits.

--------------------

SRA -

A quiet day overall other than the sinking of PC Showa Maru 3 with 2 torpedoes off Leyte.

--------------------

CentPac -

SS I-41 was detected and despatched 300 miles north of Saipan today by 5 x DE.

Tokyo's Aviation industry was hit hard with virtually all A6M production ceasing to produce by the end of the day (700 Strategic Points) We rest for a few days before smashing the next city. Japn must be reeling now..........

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1764
RE: 20th January 1945 - 11/30/2007 3:15:48 PM   
Terminus

quote:

Japn must be reeling now..........

Wonder how Japan is doing...

Post #: 1765
RE: 20th January 1945 - 11/30/2007 5:12:47 PM   
BrucePowers

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1766
RE: 20th January 1945 - 11/30/2007 10:22:37 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

Japn must be reeling now..........

Wonder how Japan is doing...

Cut Speedy a little slack . . . there are times when we have to post in haste, then repent at leisure.

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1767
21-23rd January 1945 - 12/6/2007 6:34:19 PM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

A 3 day update.............

---------------------

Malaya/Indo China -

More of the usual here with the Allies massing at Saigon and Camranh Bay. I am going to start marching north soon to 'loosely' coincide with the invasion of Hainan.

Singapore has been subjected to a mass of air and land bombardment by the Allies. The Land Lubbers go in again tomorrow.

The Japanese conducted a sneak strike the other day. They had flown in a Frances Daitai to Sabang which attacked the port of Georgetown on 21st Janaury. They were clearly going for the heavily damaged Fletcher Class DD repairing there but no hits were scorted. B29's put Sabang out of action the following day but no enemy planes were there.

-----------------------

SRA -

Invasion forces left Kuching on the 22nd January for Taan. Combat vessels left to join them on 23rd January.

Allied air power has sunk another PG near Leyte, an AP near Taan and Ventura's attacked Manila port from San Jose hitting 5 Auxilliary ships.

------------------------

CentPac -

Most of New Guinea is under Allied control now and the fleet is still resting and repairing at PH. As things stand an invasion of Japan is not necessary since Strategic Bombing will bring Japan to it's knees within 2-3 months. We'll see how it goes.

Gumma will be attacked by B29's tomorrow. Target is the extensive aircraft industry.

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1768
RE: 21-23rd January 1945 - 12/8/2007 5:22:11 PM   
BrucePowers

Are you guys going to finish this thing before AE comes out?

Post #: 1769
24th January 1945 - 12/11/2007 9:02:53 AM   
Speedysteve

Hi all,

Hi Bruce - I'd say so. Probably a 70-80% chance we will. I think i'll have AV within 2-3 months.

----------------

Malaya/Indo China -

Allied forces at Singapore report it's closing to falling ant the enemy is in tatters but still fighting hard:

Ground combat at Singapore

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 133179 troops, 680 guns, 1487 vehicles, Assault Value = 3097

Defending force 63797 troops, 385 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1097

Allied max assault: 3029 - adjusted assault: 4515

Japanese max defense: 819 - adjusted defense: 654

Allied assault odds: 6 to 1 (fort level 6)

Allied Assault reduces fortifications to 5

Japanese ground losses:
1338 casualties reported
Guns lost 17

Allied ground losses:
2305 casualties reported
Guns lost 18
Vehicles lost 22

My men will rest a few days before going in again.

In Indo China air support has reached Hue and 50 x P51D's and Thunderbolt II's are now stationed there. The main allied army at Camranh Bay has begun it's march northwards towards Hanoi.

I now have 3 main armies of men in the region - Singapore, Saigon (recuperating) and Camranh Bay.

------------------

SRA -

The fleets have met on their way to Taan. The attached screenshot nicely shows their position and the situation in Indo China.

Allied air played it's part today. Ventura's marauding over Manila managed to sink SS I-181, ML Tokiwa and a Barge. 4 other ships were hit hard (AR/AP).

TBM's from Bacolod sank 2 more PG's near Leyte.

Enemy ASW PC's damaged SS Pollack 180 miles SSW of Hong Kong - 9 x near miss - 22/24/0. Damaged forward tubes. Back to Kuching for now and then Singapore when captured.

---------------

CentPac -

Emirau Island (north of Rabaul) was taken today.

Saipan's B29's hit Gumma's aircraft production hard today with clear skies, escorted by 200 x P51D and no enemy planes were present. We plan to go back tomorrow to finish off the aircraft production there.

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1770
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> 4th January 1945 Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI