Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PC version?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: PC version? Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PC version? - 2/13/2008 12:30:37 PM   
e_barkmann

I saw no problem with it, obviously JC was enquiring about it as well.

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to michaelincolorado)
Post #: 241
RE: PC version? - 2/13/2008 12:41:46 PM   
Adam Parker

Basically what happened is this.

Mark got all side tracked making desk top publishing games.

In the meantime that little girl in the cut-to scene went to college, graduated law school and is now suing for royalties.

That explains the delay.

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 242
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2008 5:51:06 AM   
Rocko911

As a very good customer of Matrix Games I was a little taken aback by Marc's remarks. It was a simple question on the status since there has been little or no info in many months. I was perhaps even more disappointed that he did not have the mental aptitude to apologize later after his 'stupid' remark. I think that this game will not longer be on my buy list and will let many others I know to pass it on by. I think his remark may show what kind of responses we will get if and when this game would be released if we find bugs or problems that need to be resolved!

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 243
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2008 7:08:33 AM   
e_barkmann

I see no issue with his response to a 'stupid' question.

I can just imagine teethmarks in his laptop.

edit: I can't spel :-)

< Message edited by Chris Merchant -- 2/14/2008 7:43:30 AM >

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Rocko911)
Post #: 244
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2008 12:09:30 PM   
Marc von Martial

Okay, sorry if anybody got offended by the "Jesus" quote. It is not a swear word / phrase in my book but I understand that different folks have different opinions and fellings on that. So sorry again it was not intentional.

quote:

I think his remark may show what kind of responses we will get if and when this game would be released if we find bugs or problems that need to be resolved!

I'm sorry but I think you are pushing this a bit to the extreme. Again I'm sorry if I offended anybody. You all know, especially if you are long time forum members and customers that Matrix Games, and that includes everybody of this company, is a very helpfull and responsive company. I think our record for supporting games and especially supporting games over a long time is unmatched in this industry. So please don't get upset and twist our record by one single remark that upset you.

We talk open here, so please also grant us developers the right to talk open, we swallow down a lot of flak and uncalled responses also from the customer and client side, but we do not flip out about them in 99.99% of the cases.

However, in this particular case, Mark (the Walker one) and I have repeatably stated that we are working hard on the game and updates will come. People tend to quickly come up with the vaporware comment when they do not see new screenshots or updates every month. And I can tell you, there is nothing more insulting to a developer then this stupid "vaporware" comments when all he is doing is working hard on it.

Updates will come when we feel we have something new and nice to show apart from the already released screenshots.
If you feel that another pack of screenshots will put back your faith that this game is alive and kicking then I can certainly check if Mark wants to put out a new batch right now.

On a sidenote, you can always hop over to Mark Walkers website ( www.locknloadgame.com ) and drop a note in his forums too. It is recommended to stop by anyway as he has a lot of very interesting games up there.

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 245
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2008 1:10:08 PM   
PunkReaper

Is it ready yet?

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 246
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2008 5:18:24 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: LRRP
As a very good customer of Matrix Games I was a little taken aback by Marc's remarks. It was a simple question on the status since there has been little or no info in many months. I was perhaps even more disappointed that he did not have the mental aptitude to apologize later after his 'stupid' remark. I think that this game will not longer be on my buy list and will let many others I know to pass it on by. I think his remark may show what kind of responses we will get if and when this game would be released if we find bugs or problems that need to be resolved!

Breath in - breath out

Every forum in here sees people asking the "when will it be ready" question on almost a daily basis. If you are, like Marc, busy on a great number of those releases it's not unnatural to flip out once in a while. Frankly I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often It's not an excuse, but it's human, a bit like when even the most patient dad raising his voice occasionaly when the kids keep asking the "are we there yet" question. If you happen to be the kid who kept silent up to then and got that response on his very first question you might feel singled out for no good reason and feel a bit hurt but I'm sure you'll see that it wasn't personal and it wasn't something that is the default way of operation around here.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Rocko911)
Post #: 247
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2008 5:19:50 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper
Is it ready yet?

That's the spirit !

[Marc doesn't know where you live I hope ...]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 248
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2008 10:41:55 PM   
michaelincolorado

thanks for the note and your heart, Marc - and thanks for all your ongoing hard work to get games out and your support of them after they are birthed.

Post #: 249
RE: PC version? - 2/16/2008 1:45:43 AM   
SwampYankee68

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

Is it ready yet?

Best response to date!

Seriously, if you don't buy this game because of a single remark that isn't all that bad even, I'm sorry, but that is just silly IMO.

And for the record, I think Matrix as a whole is the most responsive and post release the most supportive game company I have ever seen.

I know that I will buy this title, and at least 3 others that I PBEM with will, too.

"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 250
RE: PC version? - 2/27/2008 9:29:30 AM   
ravinhood

Is it ready yet?

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to SwampYankee68)
Post #: 251
RE: PC version? - 3/14/2008 8:51:40 AM   
bink

Games For Windows, April 2008: Bruce Geryk reports in his Line of Attack column, regarding HoS, that "Walker hopes to release it at the Origins convention this June".

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 252
RE: PC version? - 3/14/2008 10:53:06 AM   
ravinhood

I'll be shocked an amazed if it does get released this year. It's been like 2 or 3 years since he announced it and like even then it's been on a back burner. I'm not even as excited about it as I once was. I think that's the BAD thing about announcing a game that's not even near done yet. People get excited, hyped, and then years go by and frustration sets in and then disdain and then for punishment they just don't buy it when it's released. ;)

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to bink)
Post #: 253
RE: PC version? - 3/15/2008 12:45:19 AM   
himmelstoss

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood
and then years go by and frustration sets in and then disdain and then for punishment they just don't buy it when it's released. ;)

yep, i have scratched this one from my list already and even if it comes out (when ever that might be) i will not buy it just because of the horrid update torture. like i said in another post: they should squirm around on their knees and be thankful that folks are actually still want to buy games.

movin on..........

himmelstoss

tell it like you think it is!

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 254
RE: PC version? - 3/15/2008 4:48:08 PM   
Joshuatree

I disagree with you guys.
The game may need more time then anticipated, and whether it'll be released a month or a year from now, if it's good it's good and it will sell.
Furthermore, developers may choose not to keep us informed on their progress. Sure it's nice if they do so, but if they don't ... well, it's up to them don't you think?
Now WiF has an excellent update history, but as to Duke Nukem, well... and I'm waiting for that one too

In short, we'll see when it gets released, and only then we can judge the game I think.

(in reply to himmelstoss)
Post #: 255
RE: PC version? - 3/15/2008 9:12:41 PM   
bink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joshuatree

I disagree with you guys.
The game may need more time then anticipated, and whether it'll be released a month or a year from now, if it's good it's good and it will sell.
Furthermore, developers may choose not to keep us informed on their progress. Sure it's nice if they do so, but if they don't ... well, it's up to them don't you think?
Now WiF has an excellent update history, but as to Duke Nukem, well... and I'm waiting for that one too

In short, we'll see when it gets released, and only then we can judge the game I think.

Joshuatree,

In this case though, the developer is giving the press an estimated release date, which then becomes public information, but withholding it from prospective customers that are interested. I just don't understand the rationale behind that approach. It's not even a case of keeping Matrix customers informed, but he doesn't provide this public information on his own forums:

http://www.locknloadgame.com/forum1/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=822&whichpage=7

(in reply to Joshuatree)
Post #: 256
RE: PC version? - 3/16/2008 1:02:06 AM   
Joshuatree

Well you are obviously right, then again I read this on his forum posted dec. 2007: "No "more" time, but sufficient time. We have seven games releasing in the next nine months" So, well, I guess he's up till his eyebrows in work. Now developers *usually* post screens/soundtracks/demos and what not for us gamers. But I tell you this, I rather have a game that's good without all the hype ( I mean, how many times have we been disappointed by what they promised compared to what they delivered?). There could be a number of reasons he doesn't do this. 
And maybe it's just my age (fourty something.. I forgot , haha) that I don't care if the developers need an extra year or so. Meanwhile I play Strategic Command2, Advanced Tactics, will buy Panzer Command Kharkov... and anxiously waiting for WiF
If HoS is good I'll buy it, if not then I won't. 

(in reply to bink)
Post #: 257
RE: PC version? - 3/16/2008 9:14:08 PM   
Punisher

I also have been tracking this thread from day one plus I started the thread for HOS on Mark Website to get the latest news. This is still on top of my list. I have been looking for a Squad Leader style PC game since I moved from board games to the PC. No I'm not interested in Vassel. I want a PC game that comes close to Squad Leader. That is why I buy all of the HPS Sqaud Battle games because they are the closest games to my old favorite board games. I just don't have the time for board games and I need a AI so I can play when I want and as quick as i want. I'm crossing my fingers for JUNE!

(in reply to Joshuatree)
Post #: 258
RE: PC version? - 3/17/2008 1:35:58 PM   
Joshuatree

JUNE, yup that's the latest news: "Games For Windows, April 2008: Bruce Geryk reports in his Line of Attack column, regarding HoS, that "Walker hopes to release it at the Origins convention this June".
http://www.locknloadgame.com/forum1/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=822&whichpage=7

(in reply to Punisher)
Post #: 259
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/4/2008 1:11:58 AM   
Punisher

Check out this new video of HOS for the PC. Awesome!!

http://www.locknloadgame.com/forum1/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=822&whichpage=8

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 260
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/4/2008 4:15:52 AM   
Hanal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punisher

Check out this new video of HOS for the PC. Awesome!!

http://www.locknloadgame.com/forum1/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=822&whichpage=8

So I go to the above link and find this......

"The Administrator has turned off Registration for this forum. Only registered members are able to log in."

Is there another way in or has that forum become some secretive organization?

(in reply to Punisher)
Post #: 261
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/4/2008 10:50:26 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon
Is there another way in or has that forum become some secretive organization?

Direct link to the video :

http://www.locknloadgame.com/hos/firefight.wmv

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 262
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/4/2008 10:26:37 PM   
Barthheart

Two more vids of game play:

http://www.locknloadgame.com/hos/melee.wmv

http://www.locknloadgame.com/hos/armor.wmv

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 263
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/4/2008 10:39:38 PM   
jamespcrowley

Looking impressive!

Is there anyway to slow things down a bit, in the game. My poor old,slow brain couldn't keep up.

Cheers

Jim

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 264
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/4/2008 11:38:37 PM   
tide1212

That's gonna be a good game. 

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

(in reply to jamespcrowley)
Post #: 265
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/5/2008 7:51:50 AM   
Hentzau

The sounds are impressive for a hex game. I sort of feel disappointed that my view to the counters seems so far away as to not really see the Niko artwork all that well, troop counters look 5/8" x 5/8" or so.

(in reply to tide1212)
Post #: 266
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/5/2008 8:48:47 AM   
himmelstoss

oh my f-ing lordy lord!

this looks sooo f-ing awesome, i cant wait to get me hands on this. i mean...screw all those eye candy click fest games out there!

thx for posting the links...see thats all we need; some updates here and there...thats all.

laters,

himmelstoss

tell it like you think it is!

(in reply to Hentzau)
Post #: 267
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/5/2008 1:59:26 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hentzau

The sounds are impressive for a hex game. I sort of feel disappointed that my view to the counters seems so far away as to not really see the Niko artwork all that well, troop counters look 5/8" x 5/8" or so.

The sounds are actually stub sounds from SPWAW, they are in the process of beeing redone to some more modern sound quality

Don't worry about the counter size, they are big enough when you actually see it on your monitor. Remeber, these are compressed and downsized video captures.

(in reply to Hentzau)
Post #: 268
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/6/2008 6:06:45 PM   
Punisher

Hi Marc,

Will we see a demo before the games release at Origins in June?

thanks!

Post #: 269
RE: PC version New Video Released!! - 4/8/2008 5:36:04 AM   
SwampYankee68

Turning into a must buy!

"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"

(in reply to Punisher)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: PC version? Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI