Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Supply. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply. - 2/3/2006 6:13:08 PM   
panzerpelle

I know this might not be included in the coming release. But I would like us to discuss it anyways. Supply points. Its great that the number has increase to 99 but as a desgner I would like to be able to set the max out put on a specific supply point. This is especially important in battles wich include pockets. In the current version Peter Szabo found a way of reducing the max out put from a suply point by placing a distant hex around it wth no roads or rails going through. This worked out really good in my wintergewitter scenario. So my request is: Is it possible to implement a individual level for supply point at all in TOAW ?

< Message edited by panzerpelle -- 2/3/2006 6:14:02 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Supply. - 2/3/2006 8:11:58 PM   
Rhetor

I'd rather see the supply points the way they are, but to implement some units used as supply dumps / wagon trains (yes yes, mobile supply sources), from which the supply could be distributed among the units. Such supply units would of course become "empty" after some time, could be destroyed by the enemy, or captured.

Having such units we could 1. Simulate many earlier wars (XVI - early XIX century) on an operational level (imagine a realistic Gettysburg campaign), and (2), more importantly, simulate long sieges, namely Plewen in Bulgaria or Przemysl (the latter was perhaps the last fortress in history to be taken by hunger).

I am aware that I have already mentioned this on the forum, and that it is probably impossible to implement such a change.

(in reply to panzerpelle)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply. - 2/3/2006 8:55:33 PM   
Chuck2

The big problem about simulating Gettysburg isn't mobile supply sources. You can actually kinda do that already with supply units. It's the way that units use supply in TOAW that is one of the bigger issues. If you tried doing the Gettysburg Campaign with regular TOAW and no house rules, you'd end up with a front line from Harrisburg to Annapolis with continuous fighting going on.

(in reply to Rhetor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Supply. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI