Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Put your money where your mouth is

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Put your money where your mouth is Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 4:14:51 PM   
tsimmonds

quote:

Some places cut pizza into squares.

Most places will cut pizza however you want, or even leave it uncut so you can put it in your oven at home with even more toppings on it. All you have to do is ask.

If only software were as easy as (pizza) pie!

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 31
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 4:47:31 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Humph

Don't like it ? don't play it .. simple

Bhodi . i'm suprised you feel that way to be honest . your WitP utility was a work of genius and has been greaty appreciated by many in the community. You must have enjoyed the game quite a bit to develop that in the past.

While i dont plan on buying every offering from Matrix/2B3, given the support of not just this game but many others i'll give Eastern front a whirl and definately get world in flames just for PBEM ( I love that game).

the end

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 32
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 5:02:15 PM   
moses

WITP has probably lost Matrix money as I play it so much that I have hardly considered buying games that I would previously have placed on my must have list.

To say that Matrix does not support its games is simply delusional.

Every game is based on design decisions upon which everyone will have his own opinion. If I could make my own game it would still not make me completly happy. I would tinker with it until I finally got bored. Everyone else would probably hate my game.

If War in the East is anywhere close to the liniage of 'War in Russia' and WITP then I will pay practically any price to have it. And what about the Civil War game????????

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 33
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 5:03:44 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

okay- if WIE has the same land combat rules as WitP i will not buy it
but if they do a playable game with bugs they will correct - they have a customer... me.

You allways can fix things with the editor. Only the program has to run stable. Bluescreens are a real problem to computer games.

By the way, why do not reanimate Road to Moscow ?

No boykott from me. No

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 34
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 5:17:03 PM   
Mike Solli

No boycott here either. I've waited for WitP all my life. I own COG and WPO too. Granted I haven't spent more than a couple of hours on those (due to WitP) but I will someday. I'm going to buy WIE. Sure, they're not perfect, but they're wonderful.

Hey Matrix, how about the North African Campaign? At company level, that would be great!

(in reply to Adnan Meshuggi)
Post #: 35
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 5:19:19 PM   
treespider

I've decided to boycott computer games altogether. I hang around here in the hopes that the major bugs are ironed out so that I can actually play this thing.

In a genre that I enjoy I have yet to encounter a bug free game....well excluding Pong. In the automotive industry they have lemon laws. In the computer industry they have patches. Since when in our society did it become acceptable to release broken products?

In the case of WitP my biggest gripe is about disappearing units and leaders. The game takes an incredible amount of time to play.

To have all of that time wasted because a unit simply vanishes rendering your work useless is unacceptable. And as many of you have experienced units vanish even when not being air transported.

To have a game that places so much value on the impact of leaders and have them vanish and or switch sides is unacceptable.

I can accept perceived faults in Air Combat, Ground Combat, ASW or what have you because with experience you can figure out how the system works because the engine functions albeit not to everyone's taste. What I cannot accept is a game in which the game is not working as designed.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Adnan Meshuggi)
Post #: 36
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 5:41:44 PM   
Bill Durrant

quote:

Hey Matrix, how about the North African Campaign? At company level, that would be great!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Sunk by 35cm/45 1YT Gun - Near Singapore

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 37
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 5:53:36 PM   
greg_slith

Considering I've spent $0.15/day on this game I'd say I've gotten my moneys worth. Actually, I think I've screwed Matrix/2x3 by playing it so damn much. I wont even mention how much use I've gotten out of Steel Panthers and that was free! And they continue to work on it. I think too many people are putting too much faith in WitP 2. If, and it's a HUGE if, it ever comes out I'll guarantee that it will have bugs too. Never seen a computer game that didn't. WIE isn't my cup o tea, I'm still waiting for Combat Leader

(in reply to Bill Durrant)
Post #: 38
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 6:11:00 PM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

It occurs to me that we - the folks who bought WITP - are exactly the primary market 2by3/Matrix is counting on for the core sales of it's upcoming East Front Game. Maybe we should make use of the last leverage we have and simply promise not to buy it until the fix the bugs/problems in the game they've already sold us. Could be our only hope of finally getting a working WITP. I'll go first. I am not buying any more 2x3 offerrings until we get a bug-free WITP. Anyone else?

What upcoming East Front Game??? The 2by3 website says development is on hold. Are there any other news???

For the other stuff I'm with most people here. Fun per buck ratio is great with WitP, perhaps its just us micromanagment freaks looking too much for that perfect game...

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 39
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 6:28:21 PM   
Mike Scholl

Gentlemen. Nowhere did I say I didn't like WITP. I like it a lot, or it wouldn't be worth anyone's time to squawk about. But I've also noticed that the promise of patch 1.8 keeps being put back, or put off, or otherwise not forthcoming. That bugs that have been around virtually since the release are
still present. Big complicated games require support..., it's one of the reasons I had no problem with the price and would have paid more. All I was pointing out was that for any of us who are still waiting for "fixes", this was about the last "leverage" we would have to encourage 2by3 to "finish" WITP. Either that or turn the code over to someone who does want to continue to work on it. This is a decent game that could be so much better. Did I get my money's worth? Yes. Do I still want the game I thought I was buying? Yes.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 40
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 6:38:38 PM   
treespider

"Burn the mill! Burn the mill! Kill the monster!" - or something to that effect from Frankenstein

A miraculous invention killed at the hands of the mob.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

Post #: 41
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 6:41:53 PM   
steveh11Matrix

No Boycott from me...the main pertinant question will be "Can I afford it?"

I'm more likely to not buy it because of unit overload, or requirement for too much PC, or because it's designed as PBEM only ( just kidding!). WitP has flaws, some of which have been introduced by attempts to solve other problems - but it's still a really good game.

Steve.

"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

Post #: 42
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 6:47:09 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

Sorry, but I cannot sit by and simply watch 2by3 have their name dragged through the mud. IMHO I have had great value for money from playing WiTP (and UV for that matter). YES there are still some issues but if you really want to get down to brass tacks there are even some issues STILL with Harpoon (as way of example). All of you just think back....has there ever been a game that has not had some points that could do with a change? And to be fair 2by3 have never abandoned WiTP....they have brought out patches in response to customers demands and have committed to continue to do so.

Matrix will STILL get my gaming $.

Ditto

As to threatening to boycott, all I can say is horse$hit.

That idea is right up there with a previous thread that insulted Mike Wood’s ( ) competence and integrity in order to convince him to spend more time on WitP.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 43
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:03:42 PM   
Mr.Frag

I will remind folks that it was a choice made by the community here that caused focus to shift from fixing bugs to adding new features instead. It's a little late in the day to come back and say "Guess we should have voted fix bugs and leave the feature set alone"

Sometimes what you ask for actually happens and suddenly the consequences are not quite what you thought they would be. A tough lesson to learn ...

As with all things in life, you can please all the people some of the time or some of the people all the time. You can never please all the people all of the time.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 44
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:06:27 PM   
Nikademus

Lt. Calley was fond of threats too.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 45
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:10:48 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Durrant

quote:

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Ok, when it's done, how about a PBEM?

(in reply to Bill Durrant)
Post #: 46
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:12:17 PM   
Ron Saueracker

I would not take these boycott posts too seriously aside from one thing. These folks are just peed off and rightfully so. Can they honestly be blamed? I'd take the discontent to heart and satisfy the consumer, at least to the point where the product works and remotely lives up to what it was advertised as.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 47
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:13:44 PM   
Nikademus

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 48
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:15:08 PM   
Speedysteve

You gotta be kidding Ron?!?

Talk about lack of respect and appreciation for what a company does. The fact that so much support, improvement and listening has been implemented by Matrix Games signifies so much. Then people have IMO the audacity to say they are going to boycott buying more Matrix products. Riiiiight. Makes total sense

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 49
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:17:32 PM   
marovici

Well I have been playing computer games for a long time and I have never spent as much time playing a game as I did and am on witp. Even if I was not to play one more turn I personally got all the value for my money that I could wish for.

WITP does have issues and I wish that at least some of them could be solved, in the meantime all I can say is that if I derived as much personal enjoyment for every dollar I ever spent as I did from this game then I would trully be a very happy person, I would marry, buy a house, build a picket fence, have two cars and downgrade my current car to 8 cylindars in order to help the environment.

Post #: 50
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:22:39 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

You gotta be kidding Ron?!?

Talk about lack of respect and appreciation for what a company does. The fact that so much support, improvement and listening has been implemented by Matrix Games signifies so much. Then people have IMO the audacity to say they are going to boycott buying more Matrix products. Riiiiight. Makes total sense

What the hell did I say that was so bad? I basically said most people are just venting frustration with the game and the ongoing problems associated with it since release almost TWO YEARS AGO. I don't really blame them for being frustrated as I'm frustrated on a daily basis with the game but I still play it and would like to see it brought up to snuff. I personally think they are venting their frustration more than actually "threatening" Matrix/2by3. Any reasonable person would see it so. Stop circling the wagons and take it for what it is.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 51
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:28:21 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Stop circling the wagons and take it for what it is.

I do. It's a wonderful game on the War in the Pacific. Is it perfect? No. Does it have flaws? Yes. Can I live with it? Most definitely. Will I buy more of their games? Absolutely!

Post #: 52
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:32:56 PM   
Nikademus

You get taken off "the list" for that one.

no more comments about eating little horses though......

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 53
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:36:13 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Oh, ok......

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 54
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:38:07 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Stop circling the wagons and take it for what it is.

I do. It's a wonderful game on the War in the Pacific. Is it perfect? No. Does it have flaws? Yes. Can I live with it? Most definitely. Will I buy more of their games? Absolutely!

I meant take the threat of a boycott for what it is, frustration. I personally don't think a boycott, if a serious stance, is very constructive or conducive to a favourable resolution of the current problems with this game.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 55
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:46:22 PM   
moses

quote:

I personally don't think a boycott, if a serious stance, is very constructive or conducive to a favourable resolution of the current problems with this game.

quote:

I have just come up with a devious plan....................

Post #: 56
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:49:45 PM   
tsimmonds

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Did I miss a thread on steak au cheval someplace? Delicious....

edit: ohh, of course: The Thread....

< Message edited by irrelevant -- 2/8/2006 7:52:18 PM >

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 57
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:51:27 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: moses

quote:

I personally don't think a boycott, if a serious stance, is very constructive or conducive to a favourable resolution of the current problems with this game.

quote:

I have just come up with a devious plan....................

Uh oh.

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 58
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:55:52 PM   
Nikademus

Irrelevent....added to the list.

(cat lover.....must be destroyed)

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 59
RE: Put your money where your mouth is - 2/8/2006 7:56:02 PM   
Erik Rutins

Locking this up. Thanks for your feedback, both negative nad positive, but this is one of those types of topics that is inevitably going to get nasty.

Although I'm starting to get tired of repeating myself, I understand that the view is different from my seat vs. yours so I'll say these things again:

1. We are not going to abandon WitP
2. The v1.80 update will be completed
3. We have something in the works for WitP that should make a number of you happy (at least I hope so).

Please be patient until we're ready to post v1.80 and discuss/announce #3.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Put your money where your mouth is Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI