Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Moderated Q&A Chat?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Moderated Q&A Chat? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moderated Q&A Chat? - 3/2/2006 12:53:30 AM   
albionmoonlight

I realize that, due to the climate, an open Q&A with the development team would not be productive. But, since the game is near release, and since there will not be a demo, I wonder if there might not be time for a moderated Q&A with the developer. Something where questions are submitted to a moderator, and those legitimate questions having to do with gameplay are posted for the developer to answer. That would allow the moderator to screen "trolls" but still allow the gaming community to learn what they are about to buy.

There are a few questions on the forum now (about the kicking game, the clock, penalty yardage, etc.) that seem very legitimate. I think, though, that they might get lost in the rumor mill without being answered. Since some people want this game for career play, and some for CFL rules, and some for American college football, etc., there is a broader audience with a broader set of questions than might otherwise be out there. It might be nice, accordingly, to know what features will and won't be in the game and how customizable things are right out of the box (or, at least, how difficult it will be to make third party mods to accomplish certain tasks).

I am not sure of the best way to run such a chat--maybe have some chat program, invite whoever want to be there to be there, and then post the transcript on here after it is completed. In fact, people who are not going to make the chat could even email questions to the moderator beforehand.

However you decide to run it, it seems like a decent idea and a way to make up for the lack of a demo. Otherwise, reports about the game will start to come from anyone with a copy of it--and those reports may not be totally accurate.

Thanks for your time.
Post #: 1
RE: Moderated Q&A Chat? - 3/2/2006 12:56:45 AM   
Jennifer L. Winter

Thanks for the feedback. I'll run it by David

Jennifer L. Winter
Media Relations
Wintervalley Software

(in reply to albionmoonlight)
Post #: 2
RE: Moderated Q&A Chat? - 3/2/2006 2:39:24 AM   
zowee77

If I am not mistaking I am thinking David actually has done this a couple of times. If you define your search and also go to the above older forums most all questions have been asked once if not a dozen times so if you are looking for an answer you will probably find it with a little searching.

(in reply to albionmoonlight)
Post #: 3
RE: Moderated Q&A Chat? - 3/2/2006 3:16:15 AM   
Eaglesfan27

However, many features appear to have changed over the past year(s). For example, I know the option is no longer in the game from David's recent post. A new Q&A would be very helpful.

(in reply to zowee77)
Post #: 4
RE: Moderated Q&A Chat? - 3/2/2006 3:25:42 AM   
frunky

I say spend more time hammering out the bugs and worry about the Q&A after

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to Eaglesfan27)
Post #: 5
RE: Moderated Q&A Chat? - 3/2/2006 4:02:45 AM   
David Winter

Zowee77 is correct in that I have done one of these before. But like you I think it's a good idea to have another. It would also probably be a good way to clear the air about some things. JoeL from Matrix usually sets these up and he has a system in place for hosting them. I'll contact him and see what his thoughts are.

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 6
RE: Moderated Q&A Chat? - 3/6/2006 2:38:01 AM   
mrskippy

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Zowee77 is correct in that I have done one of these before. But like you I think it's a good idea to have another. It would also probably be a good way to clear the air about some things. JoeL from Matrix usually sets these up and he has a system in place for hosting them. I'll contact him and see what his thoughts are.

Has there been any news on this yet? I have some questions about this game that I'd really like to know before I will consider spending as much money as you expect me to give you on it. It doesn't seem that you respond a lot on this board so I would appreciate some sort of Q&A session soon, before the game is released. I have been following this game since 2002 and I certainly remember there being talk of a demo at one point, so I was very disappointed to hear that there will not be one. I rarely by games without checking out a demo because my teachers' salary doesn't give me the chance to pick up very many games each year.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 7
RE: Moderated Q&A Chat? - 3/6/2006 3:11:59 AM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Sounds good but i would hope that you guys would hold off until some of the stuff is fixed. Otherwise it wlil be a nightmare of questions. Also by the time some of this is fixed the players will be more familiar with the game and (hopefully) won't ask some of the questions which have been asked and answered numerous times here on the forum (think "How do I call time out?").

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 8
RE: Moderated Q&A Chat? - 3/6/2006 3:31:41 AM   
zowee77

I agree with Sonny in regard to fixing issues first. The reason for this is due to the fact that it will become a Q & A support forum instead of more indepth and usefull questioning.

quote:

It doesn't seem that you respond a lot on this board so I would appreciate some sort of Q&A session soon, before the game is released. I have been following this game since 2002 and I certainly remember there being talk of a demo at one point, so I was very disappointed to hear that there will not be one. I rarely by games without checking out a demo because my teachers' salary doesn't give me the chance to pick up very many games each year.

This simply is not true David has posted and reponded to many who have posted here for some time. As far as a demo back in 2002 as I recall the idea of a demo was not even considered. This is something that has just recently been considered from what I have seen and read over the years. I have followed this game since 2001.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 9
RE: Moderated Q&A Chat? - 3/6/2006 5:20:33 AM   
Erik Rutins

We will definitely be focusing on support before we consider another chat. Once we get people settled and all the significant issues resolved, I think a chat could be helpful.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to zowee77)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Moderated Q&A Chat? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI