Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download - 3/18/2006 10:41:58 PM   
nmleague

Ok, decided to play a regular season game, that is computer coached for each team, 15 min. quarters, both team using the NFL1959 playbook. Below are the final stats for the game, next post are the individual stats for the game. It was an interesting game. It had interceptions, some long punt returns, two kick off returns for TDs. There were some nice drives featuring both a good running game mixed with passing. Overall the stats are pretty good. I watched alot of the game and there werent many play breakdowns, most happen to be a play called that matched up badly with the called defense One problem with the stats, the kick off returns were counted as rushing yards. If you check the individual stats you will see that the WR Whaley, I think, had alot of rushing yards. Also notice he is credited with 4 TDs, the team only got two, his two returns.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 31
RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download - 3/18/2006 10:44:02 PM   
nmleague

Here are the individual stats.

Im going to upload the latest version of the playbook to FBmax now. This version will be label "NFL1959one".

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 32
RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download - 3/19/2006 1:30:36 AM   
Tbird

I tried mixing your playbook with the revised fun and gun version
the game was pretty good and was tied for most of the 4th quarter

the score was 30-36

Good stuff

I'm hoping I can get a decent 8 man playbook goin

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 33
RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download - 3/19/2006 1:43:57 AM   
nmleague

Great to hear you tried it!! Im going to be gone for about 12 days so wont get any more work done on it. Let me know if you have suggestions or find any problems.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 34
RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download - 3/19/2006 6:49:13 AM   
echolodge

nmleague: Thanks for the great work on the '59 playbook! It has greatly enhanced my enjoyment of the game. With guys like you making plays and the others working on uniforms and David and others looking to get rid of bugs and make improvements, we will really have something here. It's a fun game already.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 35
RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download - 3/19/2006 8:35:07 AM   
nmleague

Thanks Im glad you like it, its a work in progress but I agree I does increase the enjoyment of the game. I will be gone for awhile, but it would help if everyone that is trying the playbook could make a note fo plays that are consistently bad, and let me know. Some plays can be terrible vs several of the defeneses but can be very good against some others. And some should probably be taken out all together .

My plan is to next do another playbook, again with the defense based on the 4-3, but maybe not as aggressive as the defenses in the first playbook. Also it would add another 2-3 offensive formations.

Also a major project is going to be setting up profiles for offense and defense. The computer is currently using some defenses or offensive plays at times they shouldnt be used, like GL defense on 1st down at mid field. Any help with this would be appreciated.

(in reply to echolodge)
Post #: 36
RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download - 4/21/2006 2:39:58 AM   
nmleague

After working on a college playbook and then working on more uniforms I finally got back to the NFL league Im planning. This is the first CPU vs CPU game I have run since the latest patch. The stats are shown below, overall Im very happy with the stats and game play. I think this is going to be the first league I actually play through on career mod so I thinik its time to do some more work on the playbook. For all the doubters out there, this game works very good with the playbooks that I use, right now its very playable and will just get better with time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 37
RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download - 4/23/2006 1:37:18 AM   
nmleague

I just uploaded the first version of college playbook 3 to FBmax.com, it is in the unsorted files section, the plays and the phonebook file are in the zip. This version has the wishbone plays form college playbook 2, an improved punt play, and a new defense, 62 and 62dime, total of 9 defensive plays. Also 2 65 goaline defensive plays. I have tested the defense in practice mod but not yet in a game, will start CPU vs CPU games tonight. Would appreciate any feedback.

Next will be college playbook 4, with the same 62 defense but with the I formation offenses. My plan is to have them spread equally among the 40 teams of my plan college league, should give some nice variety.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: 1959NFL playbook available for download Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI